Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, AJ-ish/Sharyn said:

I never folllow any threads, am assuming I'd have to click something to do this? Not that I want to (am I being stubborn?) I want to see all the new threads and threads that have been posted to 

I also don't see Activity to click on, On the full forum page, or this one.

At the top of the page are five icons.  Click on the one that looks like a piece of paper.  It takes you to all unread content.

Edited by Grandma

Activity is in your profile. That will take you to everywhere you have posted. I don't know about new posts in general - a few are down the side, but...

Here we go AJ, I made you Daniel's visual guide to the menus. This uses the default forum theme but they all have the same menus at the top but in slightly different places. Just explore the top of each page a little and you will work it all out in time ❤️

1349203411_forummenus.thumb.jpg.59f77f404abc1d9745272296a3c2ce86.jpg

3 minutes ago, Grandma said:

At the top of the page are five icons.  Click on the one that looks like a piece of paper.  It takes you to all unread content.

Huh ? I see no piece of paper.... Except the one for the chatbox.

165094554_Image2.png.d9796d2d38e581008756fe8c5805658a.png

There's one for the home page - which brings up 5 recent threads. Now if you go to the Activity arrow and look in the dropdown.... THAT works.

Oh. OK - fair enough. For those on PC y solution works. And to go to the last post from a thread on that list - click on the time at the right. (1 min or 3.47)

4 minutes ago, ashwsh said:

Hi @gregory

I had sent a note yesterday on the support centre with an an old I couldn't relocate. Please help with that

Regards

An old what ? Tell me what you are trying to find and I'll see what I can do.

31 minutes ago, DanielJUK said:

the piece of paper (with a folded corner) is only on mobile / tablet view I think. It has extra menu options to be quicker to navigate

Nope, it's on my laptop.  I've gotta leave now because I'm late for an appointment and I just accidentally deleted the long response I just wrote describing it, so I'll do it again when I get home.  I think an image is going to appear in this response.  Please ignore it.  I was trying to get rid of it when I erased my response so I won't try again.

image.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Grandma said:

Nope, it's on my laptop.  I've gotta leave now because I'm late for an appointment and I just accidentally deleted the long response I just wrote describing it, so I'll do it again when I get home.  I think an image is going to appear in this response.  Please ignore it.  I was trying to get rid of it when I erased my response so I won't try again.

Yeah, that’s the editor feature that remembers previously written/attached stuff that hasn’t been posted. The trick is to not press on the “x” which will only shut the editor down and leave the old text. And instead press “clear editor” in the dark grey field (see picture below) 

F4796AE5-CF49-4089-8A65-F87F61A9C890.png

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Grandma said:

that's it!!!! Thank you so much!!! Now bookmarked. I live in fear of missing something good. 

Now, on a not so important subject, in the course of building the forum, there were theme colors and occasionally theme views at the top of the pages. Where do I find those now that they are filed where ever? 

Edited by AJ-ish/Sharyn

1 hour ago, gregory said:

An old what ? Tell me what you are trying to find and I'll see what I can do.

My Bad..I meant an 'Old thread'. Am PMing the link for it

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, fire cat pickles said:

Themes are at the bottom. Click on the downward facing triangle.

Ah...eeu, no thanks 😉

22 hours ago, DanielJUK said:

Here we go AJ, I made you Daniel's visual guide to the menus.

Dan, I am using the default forum, do not have that green bar with the options you have. 🙂 honest. 

I do have the 5 icons upper right in the green. 

If it helps anyone wanting to change their avatar, I found it in profile, the top bar where our username is shown (mine has a sunflower behind it) on the left is the avatar inset. click on that to change avatar

Replacing it with your current will get rid of the fuzzy view by the way. 

Edited by AJ-ish/Sharyn

Posted (edited)

Updating my avatar to a non fuzzy version is on my list of things to do, but my saved original is on an old laptop! I am going to attempt to search for it tonight. It's cutely called ATprofilepic 🙂

glad you figured those features out AJ, I have yet to explore that :thumbsup:

If you cannot see that menu, save these links as bookmarks to go to them.....

Forum Main Index - https://www.thetarotforum.com/forums/

Activity - https://www.thetarotforum.com/discover/

Activity from content you started - https://www.thetarotforum.com/discover/content-started/

Activity unread only - https://www.thetarotforum.com/discover/unread/

save 'em and just enter the forum to read posts there 🙂

Edited by DanielJUK

Hi gregs! Hope you're doing at least half as well as you deserve.

Is it possible to create a signature for one's profile with the new software? When I open "Edit profile," I see several fields, but no signature field. Maybe because I didn't have one in the beginning?

15 minutes ago, FLizarraga said:

Hi gregs! Hope you're doing at least half as well as you deserve.

Is it possible to create a signature for one's profile with the new software? When I open "Edit profile," I see several fields, but no signature field. Maybe because I didn't have one in the beginning?

It’s in the settings area. This is what it looks like on my phone, it’s a drop down menu :

12B683AF-A3CB-40A1-A613-C6525554D542.jpeg.e2e8cd07f3593010354698b8e3dc41fa.jpeg

9 hours ago, FLizarraga said:

Thank you, Raggydoll! I do hope you, too, are doing even half as well as you deserve --as that would still be A LOT! ❤️

:animated-smileys-hug-002: