Raggydoll

Anomalytempest's 30 days of working with the moon

So I decided to go with The Game of Thrones Tarot. This deck gave me the most in-depth reading I have ever had. I'm still finding ways to go deeper into it. It was fascinating. Also the Moon was the overarching card of the spread so this card been has calling to me from this deck. I figured Moon readings should be done with what is kind of becoming my Moon Deck. I don't usually associate decks with any particular card but this deck I had thought would be just something cool to have but maybe not for reading depth has just surprised me at every turn. In good ways.

DAY 1 – NEW MOON

Theme: Planning & Planting (Intention setting)

1. The preparations required for me to make room for the new (= the thing I want to manifest) The World

2. What I must do or prioritize for this seed to take root Six of Cups

3. What I may need to forsake or put on the back burner to get the results I want Four of Spears

1. I was kind of surprised to see this card turn up. My first thought was, "Everything?" Looking at the map, I thought of the phrase, "know the lay of the land". which quickly translated to make sure I know what I'm getting into. It could be telling me to expand my efforts or even my horizons. Maybe I am thinking too small? Should I be preparing to meet the world, whatever that may mean?

2. In this card Sansa and Jon are eating, drinking, and reminiscing, remembering the past. There are plenty of experiences in my past to draw upon. Perhaps it's a call to take all my past research and start getting it formulated into some sort of outline. Something concrete.

3. LESS PARTIES! 😋 No I don't really throw parties. This card pictures Sansa again but with Loras as her fiancee. It brings to mind all the television I've been watching with my SO lately. Sometimes 5 hours on a workday and it's on almost all day on the weekends. That's a part time job. I have better things to do with all that time. We should turn off the TV and go for a walk.

Moon Day One May.jpg

DAY 2 – WAXING CRESCENT

Theme: Goals & Choices

1. The situation and the path that I am heading on

2. Something I might want to consider (another approach or another option/path entirely)

3. Advice when moving forward

1. The Fool - The scene depicted in this card is Tyrian meeting the dragons for the first time. He went into some catacombs where they were chained because, I guess, he just had to. It might have been stupid. He could have been killed but , come on. Dragons. I would have to do it too. How could I not? Like Tyrian, I am facin a dragon of sorts. I need to take that chance. Tyrian looked the dragon in the eye, not the mouth. He saw the beautiful, intelligent creature, not the death it could bring. His dream had come to life and he couldn't not see it. It's time to step up to my own dragons.

2. The Hierophant - This is usually my least favorite card in any deck. For some reason it usually makes me think of the Inquisition. I like Varys, however. The "Master of Whispers". A collector of information. I like collecting information too. I take tons of notes and write all the time. All the knowledge in the world is useless though if I don't put it to some practical purpose. Varys calls his child informants "little birds" and they decorate the screen behind him. He serves the realm, not the ruler. As a eunuch, he is not bothered the things of ordinary men. He stands outside, a bridge between two worlds. It brings to mind my writing again. I'm always hesitant to start a blog, or put much online because I worry about plagiarism. So much of what I say comes from books, movies, songs, old proverbs, things I hear people say. It comes from everywhere, just like Varys gets his info from his little birds. It doesn't feel right to take credit for something when I feel I'm more of a conduit, than a creator.

3. Four of Coins - A banker in Braavos, the financiers of the GoT world sits with his coins. People go the Iron Bank for loans. When they are in need. The Bank profits off their need. Part of me feels I need to not be afraid to profit from the things I've learned. I didn't learn it to profit from it, and I feel what I've learned is my life is profit. Success is okay, though.  The coins make me think money all the time, but that's not the only resource. Perhaps I need to broaden my view of this. A team could be a resource. Just as bankers are their to help people reach their goals, I have the resources I need.

I think this spread is pretty straightforward. The Fool tells me to start, Varys reminds me I've got all my little birds in a row, and the Braavosi Banker shows that I have the resources I need.

Moon Day Two May.jpg

Posted (edited)

I'm not behind on reading, but I am behind on posting. 😛 I'm trying to read in the morning, then review and post in the evening but I forgot last night.

DAY 2 – WAXING CRESCENT

Theme: Goals & Choices

1. The situation and the path that I am heading on

2. Something I might want to consider (another approach or another option/path entirely)

3. Advice when moving forward

1. Ten of Spears - This guy is carrying a lot. The image shows preparations for a tourney and he has loaded himself down. Or maybe someone else did. Maybe he thinks someone expects that much of him. I get that. I want to get the job done. I don't like taking breaks because when I sit down I don't want to have get up again. I can rest longer when I'm finished. This leads to marathon bouts of effort, that can burn me out. This is with my personal projects/hobbies/goals. If I am working for someone else, it is even worse. I need to learn not bite off more than I can comfortably deal with and learn when to say no. The guy in the picture could lighten his load. He could make two or even three trips but he wants to do it all now. One of those is spears is about to drop and when it does the others will come crashing down around him as well.

How does this translate to motivating myself? I could drop a couple of spears, of course, Do I even have a trouble with motivation? Perhaps it's more a problem prioritizing. When you want to do all the things it becomes more difficult to narrow it down. I also tend to take responsibility for things others could (and probably should) be doing for themselves. Maybe creating better boundaries around my time would help me concentrate more on the project at hand and less on the anxiety that wonders where the next interruption is coming from. I've created a flexible schedule so I can be available to others but perhaps I am too flexible. I don't need to take on everything.

2. Nine of Swords - The anxiety card? Looks like the last card led right into this one. I suppose the easiest way to look at this card is foresight. This card is usually about worrying about the future, but it's also a way of examining all possible outcomes. Thinking about the future allows to prepare and plan for all the possibilities. I am usually the one in the group who asks the question, "What are you gonna do if this happens? What if turns out this way, do you have a plan for that?" When in doubt, know your way out.

3. Two of Pentacles - Balance is what I always think of when I see this card. Even the coins in this picture have a border around them. I'm limiting myself in some way. I need to find the ideal balance between the ideal and the realities of the situations I face.

The first two cards seem to show that I have a rather harsh image of myself. I'm always trying to hold myself to a higher standard than anyone expects of me but I tend to see my shortcomings (or maybe because I see them) more than my strengths. It's like I am far more in touch with my Shadow side even though I try to present the light. I think maybe I'm the one keeping the wolf locked up.

Moon Day Three May.jpg

Edited by AnomalyTempest

DAY 4 – WAXING CRESCENT

Theme: Competition & Comparison

1. Areas where I tend to compare myself to others and to put myself down

2. Something that I may perceive as a weakness or a flaw that in truth can be one of my greatest assets or blessings

3. How I inspire and motivate others (perhaps unknowingly).

1. Six of Coins Rx - I think I perceive myself as not doing enough for others, or maybe doing it with a wrong heart, There is often resentfulness about why I should be the bigger person. Logically I can tell myself that it's because I know better. I chose this. No one makes me do it. I made a commitment to model the best behavior I'm capable of whether anyone notices or not. The question is, if I obligated myself to this of my own free will, then where does this resentment come from?

2. Justice Rx - This goes right back to the previous card. I have obligated myself to a certain path. It's okay if I hold myself to certain standards. It's unfair to expect others to live by them, especially when they never agreed to in the first place. I tend to assume that everyone just naturally wants to do the right thing. And they do. That doesn't mean I know what the right thing is. I wonder if expecting people to live up to my standards could be the source of the resentment from the preceding card.

3. Five of Coins Rx - I'm really good a helping others and also pulling myself out of holes. No matter how dark things may seem I can always find a way to get back to the light. I land on my feet. Like Arya, who is pictured on this card, I am not afraid to strike out on my own with nothing but what I carry. Because I know I've been there before and got out, I have  no fear of hard times. They envy my ability to not worry. Once my mother actually said, "I have to worry about you because don't worry at all." Funny how taking on another's troubles can make ours seem small.

Moon Day Four.jpg

DAY 5 – WAXING CRESCENT

Theme: Commitments & Responsibilities

1. My experiences regarding commitments and expectations of others

2. Potential blocks and challenges I have around traditions and responsibilities (internal or external)

3. Advice on finding the approach that would work best for me

1. Page of Spears Rx - This card features an Unsullied warrior. They are an army of slaves, taken as young boys, castrated, and trained to kill. They are considered to be some of the finest fighters in the GoT world. In one episode, one of them during a conversation about where everyone was from said, "I am Unsullied. Always Unsullied. He had no memory of who he was before he became a slave. All he knew was his training. Castration meant he would have no other loyalties.  He had no experience with other things and so his conversation was strained. This card reversed can indicate a trouble with communication. With plans falling through, or people who are all talk and no action. We've reached a point where the excuse, "I flaked", seems to be acceptable for breaking ones word. We make plans and commitments, then when make excuses when we don't feel like following through. It's not just about breaking our word to other people, but to ourselves as well. How much low self-esteem can tied to all the little ways we lie to and disrespect ourselves? If we can't even keep our word to ourselves, our commitments to ourselves, how well will we really treat others? Can we expect our words to suddenly have meaning then?

2. Three of Spears Rx - Back at complicated communications and broken down conversations. When thing - s fall through, or I am otherwise disappointed, I have a hard time communicating why I'm feeling hurt without making others defensive. While the feelings in regard with the incidents pass quickly, I often spend months (sometimes years) replaying certain events in my head, wondering how I could have said or done something differently. If the true test of good manners is how we deal with bad manners, I have a lot to learn. I need to work on my blocked/negative conversations (especially with myself).

3. Four of Cups Rx - I tend to repeat myself a lot. I'm always convinced if I say things correctly people will understand. This has the unfortunate side effect of me replaying negative encounters over and over looking for the "right" way to handle it when it happens again. Maybe I should look at why it's so important to feel I'm being heard and let go of the resentment I feel when I'm interrupted, or outright ignored.

Moon Day Five.jpg

NOTE: I accidentally posted the picture upside down but the cards were not reversed.

DAY 6 – WAXING CRESCENT

Theme: Exploration & Adventure

1. Something that I secretly yearn to experience or explore

2. Who or what has held me back in the past

3. What can help me to take the plunge; to chase after my dreams or fulfill my potential. 

1. Nine of Spears - This is a picture of Jon Snow's army surrounded by the Bolton army in "The Battle of the Bastards". They were literally being crushed by the opposing force but he kept fighting until help arrived in the form of his sister, Sansa, arriving with her cousin's army to save the day. I'm not sure how this relates to a secret yearning, however. Maybe I secretly yearn for the thrill of battle, the struggle to bring visions to life. Maybe I want to be more like Sansa (who seems to be me when I read this deck) who swoops in bringing victory with her.

2. King of Cups - A series of bad boyfriends? Just kidding. That would be the Knight anyway. I can't think of a "who" this might apply to unless it's myself. I know I sometimes have difficulty keeping my emotions in check as well as people-pleasing tendencies.

3. Nine of Cups - Samwell Tarley in the Maester's Library surrounded by books. Seems like the dream itself as opposed to a means of achievement. Unless it's suggesting building a library of knowledge. It could also be a sign that I'm already taking the plunge. I am working on what will bring my dream to life or fulfill my potential. 498529615_MoonDaySixMay.thumb.jpg.6b129dabb6a90d8fb9cf81fae0789119.jpg

Posted (edited)

DAY 7 – WAXING CRESCENT

Theme: Building & Expanding

1. The foundation that is now solid enough for me to start building upon (something that is worth building on)

2. A glimpse of what could possibly be achieved

3. A good strategy to accomplish this

1. Nine of Swords - This card came up on Day Three as an attitude I would benefit from. It's my first repeat card. Now it is a foundation to build upon. I'm still not getting this card in these positions. That wolf was about to die. He spent the last moments of his life caged. OH! Boundaries! I've been working on establishing better boundaries, specifically around how I spend my time. I'm learning to say no more often to things that waste my time or distract me from my long term goals. It feels good when something finally snaps into place.

2. Eight of Cups - This card pictures Jon Snow walking away from Castle Black after his death, declaring, "Now my watch has ended." This is interesting because because I have been saying no to tv. It's something my partner does all the time. If he's around the tv is on. I am not into tv but for some reason I had convinced myself that he would feel I was rejecting him if I rejected doing his activity with him. This has stopped in the past week. I'll watch one show with him in the evenings but the rest of the time I am devoting to things I actually enjoy.

3. Death - Just walk away. Make a clean break. I am certainly doing that. I did the math earlier in the week and realized that with the tv he watches in the mornings, the time in the evenings and weekends, we were watching almost 40 hours of tv a week, and I was rounding down. That's a full time job. At something I don't even really enjoy. I'm kind of amazed that by walking away from this one activity I can gain an extra 30-40 hours a week for things I really enjoy. This also sheds light on some the resentment I was feeling. I didn't realize how much of my time I was giving away to something that's not my thing but another's. When I lived alone I might watch some tv before bed when I needed to wind down my brain but I never did it for hours. It would take me a week to get through a movie. It's been a matter of days since I made this decision, but I am already seeing the benefits.

1233283756_MoonDaySeven.thumb.jpg.561e3be11f998d73a8fbf53b3879b95f.jpg

Edited by AnomalyTempest

DAY 8 – FIRST QUARTER, WAXING MOON

Theme: Money & Prosperity

1. The attitudes and choices that will aid me in attracting prosperity

2. A potential source of wealth that has been previously overlooked

3. What I will need to tackle in my journey toward abundance

1. King of Cups - This card showed up on Day Six as something holding me back. Now it is an aid in attracting abundance. While I didn't really get a good grasp of this card on day six, I think it appearing today, at least, show I'm making forward progress. Or at least some sort of progression. I could need to be more resolute in my intentions or perhaps I am overlooking a potential partner for my project. maybe I need to make sure I keep a balanced view and not get overly emotional. Maybe I need to look at this card more deeply. This king can lack control of his emotions, though not necessarily. Perhaps I should make a list of traits he conveys. It would be a good exercise for my journal.

2. Nine of Cups - It's the second time for this card as well. It's still trying to tell me how to chase my dream. I really like this version of this card. I love books and learning new things. I love collecting knowledge. A room to myself, surrounded by all those books would be a dream come true. I got a little off-topic there but I think the real message here is to make use of all this knowledge I have been collecting over the years. It's time to put it to a practical purpose.

3. Five of Cups  - This card show Cersie Lannister mourning the loss of her children. IN order to move forward I will need to deal with the emotions holding me back. I cannot find a partner if I am afraid to talk about my project for fear of having my idea stolen. I worry my lack of skill in certain areas will limit my vision. These may be real concerns but there are steps I can take to mitigate the chances of these things happening. It's time to start moving forward and stop looking back. I already know what I should be doing .

20190511_120833-1.jpg

Posted (edited)

DAY 9 – WAXING GIBBOUS

Theme: Confidence & Authenticity

1. A truth that can set me free

2. A key to my authentic self

3. How I can build true confidence

1. King of Coins - I think this card is speaking to me about my relationship with money. This king is trying to show me what a powerful tool it can be along with the added message that what I have is worth being compensated for. Even so, it's not the compensation part that is the issue. I don't really feel the need for compensation because I have an excellent support system in place. What I do feel, is that money should never be a reason to not do something. Baelish is on this card as well, and I can't help thinking that he never does anything that doesn't benefit him in some way. I think that could be the real issue behind my attitudes about money. The way it's used to control and manipulate people. I need to really think about the fact that it is just a tool. One that can do a great deal of good. Not everyone is a Littlefinger.

2. Eight of Cups - This card appeared on day seven as a glimpse of what can be achieved. It seems I am getting repeat cards every other day in a way that seems to reinforce their messages. I have stuck easily to my resolution to walk away from all that tv time. I'm getting more done and I feel pretty good about that. I thought it would be a more painful transition because, for me, it wasn't about the television, it was about doing something with partner, I was beginning to have hard feelings because tv just isn't my thing. Turns out walking away from that so called (in my imagination) "together" time, is doing more good for our relationship because I no longer feel I have to everything around the tv time, just as Jon Snow had to make all his decisions around his oath to the Night's Watch.

3. Ace of Cups - I know aces are seeds, the energy of the suit being prepared for release into the world. I think this might speak to doing the work to bring my vision to life. That seed is there but it needs to be planted in real dirt before it can grow. I need to stop thinking about my project and actually get it down in writing so I have something concrete to show when I start looking for partners. I may not be able to handle some the necessary tasks but I can get the design down in writing and do a lot of the preliminary work.

Moon Day Nine.jpg

Edited by AnomalyTempest

Posted (edited)

DAY 10 – WAXING GIBBOUS

Theme: Gratitude & Strength

1. A blessing from my past (how my past experiences can be turned into a blessing or a strength)

2. What gratitude can teach me about my current situation

3. Where I need to be selective going forward

1. The High Priestess - I come from a very spiritual family. We were always taught there are more things at work than we can ever know. When I look back at some of the lessons modeled, I realize how rich a heritage I have. I realize how lucky I am to have gained some of the wisdom of my elders. Even now I think back on things that happened and glean new wisdom that was not apparent to me at the time. Most of all I am grateful for a family which taught us the value of educating ourselves and leaving it up to others to decide for us what we should know.

2. Six of Cups - Another card that makes me think of my family, my brothers in particular. (I have seven of them.) Like Jon and Sansa, we faced hard times but in the end we are still family and we are closer for all the trials. We learned that life is easier when we agree to love each other first, throughout our differences. It's often the hard times that show us our true strengths and forge the unbreakable bonds that join us. Let this be a reason to cherish difficulties. They give us our best stories.

3. Nine of Spears Rx

I might be in a strong position now but I could lose ground and be smothered if I allow stress or the supposed expectations of others to color how I proceed instead of going with my gut. It will take a lot of perseverance to maintain my place but I am in a strong position at the moment, defensible position right now. The real battle is with myself, the other things are just details.

930387950_MoonDayTen.thumb.jpg.df47a0b9ae1e5a227e3f39171a9a7c57.jpg 

Edited by AnomalyTempest

DAY 11 – WAXING GIBBOUS

Theme: Beauty & Pleasure

1. The beauty that can be found in the present moment

2. How I can create or attract more beauty and pleasure in my life

3. The key to expressing my inner beauty

1. The Hierophant Rx

At first this seemed like a weird card for this position. Perhaps it hearkens back to yesterdays reading about the importance of the seemingly hard times. sometimes what we truly need lies in what we perceive as a wrong direction. Perhaps we should look at these more as detours to gain something important and necessary for our growth. There is beauty inherent in everything that helps us grow, learn or understand ourselves.

2. Ten of Coins

A well-laid table in a snazzy room. This brings to mind the fact that I like to be prepared for company all the time. I like things to be just so. I've been dealing with learning to relax my standards a bit. I live with someone who does not really see clutter and while it was difficult to learn to live together (mostly my fault), we are both changing and moving towards a middle ground. I've learned that a mess on the coffee counter is just that and not a statement on our entire relationship (and really if I'm upset over spilled coffee and sugar, I must not have any real problems) and he is also making changes, like not leaving socks in the living room. I need to pay more attention to the forward progress being made, the beauty in two things coming together to form something newer and, hopefully, better than they were apart.

3. Nine of Swords Rx

This is the third time this card has come up for me during these spreads. I think it speaks today about letting go of the anxiety I've felt towards my home. I get myself trapped in high standards and expectations (Hierophant again?) that take the joy out of my life. I cage myself like the wolf in this picture because I feel I might slide into a darker state. I'm suddenly thinking of the behavior of caged animals and they are never themselves. I need to less afraid of letting myself (and the little things) go.

20190514_092230.thumb.jpg.f3d6d363056fb817676b684dc4dc9b98.jpg

39 minutes ago, Raggydoll said:

I love the way you describe your family and your upbringing. So precious! 

I didn't see it in my childhood. It's only as I look back that I realize how valuable it all was.

6 minutes ago, AnomalyTempest said:

I didn't see it in my childhood. It's only as I look back that I realize how valuable it all was.

Yeah, that feels very normal and I can definitely relate. You don’t really have that kind of perception as a child simply because you are a child. And once you are an adult, and perhaps even a parent yourself, then it all tend to feel differently. But it’s not always that we start seeing things in a brighter way though. Sometimes we realize just how bad or damaging certain things were, seen through our adult eyes. 

12 minutes ago, Raggydoll said:

Yeah, that feels very normal and I can definitely relate. You don’t really have that kind of perception as a child simply because you are a child. And once you are an adult, and perhaps even a parent yourself, then it all tend to feel differently. But it’s not always that we start seeing things in a brighter way though. Sometimes we realize just how bad or damaging certain things were, seen through our adult eyes. 

I too, have memories like that. I've learned that those are the very things that gave me strength, and more importantly, empathy for those who also struggle. I can't say I look back with fondness on everything but I'm realizing more every day how even the hardest things have made me a better person than I might otherwise have been, which helps me frame things in a way that might have some relevance to those in similar situations.

DAY 12 – WAXING GIBBOUS

Theme: Learning & Inner growth

1. How can I give myself the mental stimulation that I crave

2. How the process of studying and learning will affect me on a deeper level

3. An unlikely teacher that hold great potential for me (whether its a person, a thing or a situation)

1. Five of Cups

I think this card to relates to the whole "hard times as blessings" theme that has been popping up the past few days. It also ties into my fascination with behavioral economics and cognitive biases. All the ways we deceive ourselves and make our lives harder than they have to be. Our brains actually do this to us. Ever had one of those times where you notice something is missing but have no idea how long it's been gone? That's because your brain actually shows you what you expect to see. What does this say about how our expectations color our world.

2. The Moon

I almost laughed out loud when I saw this card. I have an in depth study of a spread going on that was started because I couldn't understand it in a Future position. Well here it is in my future, and I am studying it and learning a lot. I've always been a night person as well. The time seems so much more mine without all the daytime energies floating around. The Moon has much to teach me about myself, my dreams, the illusions I spin, how to reflect light in the darkness. They pull of the Moon affects even the oceans on a deep level. It moves all the waters and we are mostly water. How can we not be moved?

3. Three of Pentacles Rx

We are back on the subject of how I feel about money. It's not that I feel I'm worthy of compensation. In fact, I believe in equivalent exchange. My problem is trying to reduce things to a monetary value. Most the people I help wouldn't need me if they could afford me. I still have to pay the bills though. Not that my bills aren't getting paid, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who wrestles with taking money from unethical employers who reduce people to dollar signs. I'd rather be homeless. In the past I actually made that choice, but I wasn't homeless long. I found a better job with more like-minded people. Still, my attitudes towards money need some changing and I'm actually glad this card came up to represent something I will learn. I recognize my need in this area.

1188690538_MoonDay12.thumb.jpg.2a14459ba1b5bc83db9643d4cb03ac58.jpg

Posted (edited)

DAY 13 – WAXING GIBBOUS

Theme: Friendships & Community

1. Something that is crucial and non-negotiable for me when it comes to personal relationships

2. What to do more of (the type of relationships and socializing I will thrive from)

3. What to be careful of, or do less of (negative patterns, toxic friendships and so on)

1. Knight of Swords Rx

Honesty. Nothing disappoints me more than someone who always talks a great game yet fails to follow through. I also have little use for the type of people who just want to create unnecessary drama. Anyone really who tries to use their intellect to the detriment of others. Those are the people kept at a distance in my life.

2. The Star Rx

Perseverance. I need to believe in myself and take actions as opposed to wishing on a star. Sansa had tried before to have someone else light the candle for her. It didn't work out. she had to do it herself. She had to take that leap of faith. Once she did, the very character who failed to light the candle for her, led her to safety in the end. Don't blame others for things we should have done ourselves. Take responsibility.

3. The Hanged Man

I need to be careful of giving too much of myself. I tend to turn myself upside down and inside out for others. Don't be afraid to say no when things are busy. Don't be afraid to say yes when they aren't.

962873763_MoonDay13.thumb.jpg.5833abf41e4ad81a780daca7ef2d2977.jpg

Edited by AnomalyTempest

DAY 14 – WAXING GIBBOUS

Theme: Sacred balance

1. An area where I tend to experience excess or overwhelm

2. An area where I tend to experience lack or worry

3. How I can restore my sacred balance

1. The Hermit Rx

I think this speaks to my aversion to most social situations and conventions. It's not that I'm uncomfortable around people. It's I'm uncomfortable with all the weird rules around social interactions. I hate small talk. I hate gossip. I'm usually in the corner at parties, not because I'm shy, but because I learn a lot more by watching people than by joining the inanity. Narrow is the path and few find it. This tells me the masses are always wrong. 😋 (Just lightening the mood a little and since I can feel this turning rantish, I'll just move on.)

2, The Knight of Spears Rx

For some reason, I am thinking of plans falling through. Those who know me know it's very difficult to extract a promise (or anything really, Our word is our word whether we say "I promise" or not.) from me. It usually involves much cajoling and pleading so when I get blown off I'm angry. I feel like I was manipulated into doing what someone else thought they wanted but obviously didn't or they would have followed through. This doesn't mean I'm rigid, or don't understand when emergencies come up, but letting people get away with, "Oh I flaked." is rage inducing in me. When I hear that phrase, I'm always thinking the only reason you don't follow through with this commitment is you didn't feel like it and didn't value me or my time enough to even say something. I feel I"m getting ranty again.

3. Nine of Swords

Here's my caged wolf again. Fourth time for these spreads this has shown up. Gray Wolf was locked in this cage during the Red Wedding. His "hosts" later killed him. Justified social anxiety much? What does this have to do with my sacred balance?" All I am seeing when I look at this card is a trap. Maybe because I see the potential for any gathering to go all "Red Wedding". I hae desire to be in a large crowd, or part of a mob, or anywhere they might gather. In fact, I tend to feel the large the crowd the smaller the collective intelligence. I know. It's not a popular vies when the world revolves around so called social media.

Okay, this has been a ranty thing. These questions have brought up a lot of irritations and anger around social expectations. It seems strange to me because angry is not how I"m ever described. Maybe it speaks to the caged wolf thing that keeps popping up. I know I have a cruel wit. I know I am capable of ripping someone's world apart with a joke. I also know it's not fair or right to use my with to harm people. Just kidding may be some of the most damaging words we could ever use because we hide so much malice behind them. Maybe I just hate having to monitor myself so closely where others are involved. I'm going to go take some deep breaths and think of happy things. 😄

621909968_MoonDay14.thumb.jpg.f099d63596e8fc9b7f606d6348f11cf0.jpg

DAY 15 – WAXING GIBBOUS

Theme: Self love & Personal boundaries

1. My experiences and beliefs around self love and self worth

2. Where I would benefit from clarifying or strengthening my personal boundaries

3. Something loving that I can do to honor and nourish myself on a deep level

1. Seven of Swords Rx

My first thoughts are that self love and worth are something I have had to take for myself. They should have been mine, but like Sam's sword was not granted as it should have been. Sam had to steal what what should have been his by right of birth. In the same way, many of us are taught our worth lies only in our ability to live up to the expectations family and society try to impose upon us. That love is ours and we have every right to take it back.

2. Ten of Coins

This card pictures the wedding feast of Marjorie and Joffrey. I think this card speaks to how proper boundaries can help relationships grow, including our relationship with ourselves. It's only when we love and respect ourselves that we can do the same for others. More importantly, it gives others the permission to do the same. After all, if we don't like ourselves, if we never want to be alone, why would we inflict on the ones we love? Would you really want someone bringing another person around that you didn't like, or were uncomfortable with? (Funny the things Joffrey can bring to mind.)

3. Page of Spears Rx

Negative self talk. When we are rude, hateful, or even neglectful of ourselves we are training ourselves to be that way to others. Habits are made up of all the little things we do each day and it is just as easy to form good ones as it is bad ones. Even worse, we want to tell others that they should feel good about themselves but are we modeling that? If we are always down on ourselves, what are we teaching our loved ones about their self-worth? We often treat strangers on the street with more care and politeness than we show those with whom we share our homes, including ourselves.

863974958_MoonDay15.thumb.jpg.0a6ac028787b09321068ae2df0cc97e2.jpg

DAY 16 – FULL MOON

Theme: Magic, Potential & Power

1. What special type of magic am I called to perform or experience right now

2. How can I amplify my abilities to receive and manifest

3. One of my most magical gifts or powers

1. The Sun

Wow. I guess I am called to make people's days (or lives) brighter. I am told pretty often that is a lot more laughter when I am around. I help grow and prosper while teaching them to foster their well-being.

2. Queen of Spears Rx

I need to express myself creatively while I grow not allowing things to descend into chaos. I must make sure I am walking my talk. Dany tends to get swept away by her emotions. I should remember to keep mine in check.

3. Knight of Spears

My power lies in forward progress. I'm very good at finding creative solutions to problems and helping people overcome what is restricting them or freeing things up when they are stuck.

20190519_070939-1.thumb.jpg.d49ca0b2107576a56f6981b73adc4446.jpg

DAY 17 – WANING GIBBOUS

Theme: Sensuality & Physical pleasures

1. How I can have a more loving communication with my body

2. A key to fully experiencing and understanding my sacred sensuality 

3. Ways in which I can generate even more physical pleasure in my life

1. Five of Coins

Arya, in this card is blind. I think this means I worry too much about my looks. Not so much how I actually look but how I feel I look. I always feel someone is judging me for what I am wearing, how I stand or walk, whether I am acting or speaking in an acceptable manner. All the things that are drilled into us when being trained to be a "proper Southern Lady". Arya had to get past what she could see and learn a new way of being. She had to turn inward because there was literally nothing to see "out there."

2. Three of Coins Rx

I'm thinking this card speaks to being neglectful of my body in that I have not been exercising or dancing in the way I used to. Martial arts practice has also gone by the wayside. It is said the monks learned Kung Fu as a way to keep their bodies from deteriorating during the long hours of meditation. The unfinished sept in this image shows that the internal structure must be strong or the whole thing will collapse. I need to strengthen my structure.

3. The Hierophant Rx

Yep, these three images seem to definitely point to my need to increase my physical activity, I've been having trouble structuring it to fit my lifestyle, but I'm beginning to realize that rather scheduling things around time, I work better with orders of operation. For instance, when I wake up I do (a) then (b) then (c) and let the time be irrelevant. Some days I can get dressed in ten minutes, some days it takes two hours. I need to be more lenient with myself on the days I'm more distracted.

20190520_065145-1.jpg

DAY 18 – WANING GIBBOUS

Theme: Honesty & Introspection

1. What needs to happen before I can start to delve deeper into myself

2. Something I will have to be real and honest about if I am to make true progress

3. A treasure that is to be gained from my efforts

1. The Magician

Baelish was a master manipulator. His sleight of hand was so complete people never saw it coming, even when warned by the man himself. I need to make sure I am examining my motives and not fooling myself. Baelish seemed to be an almost passive character to those around him, but he really exercised great discipline and self-restraint. He knew when to speak (and what to say) and to whom he should tell which tidbit. He put forth almost a HIgh Priestess Energy, which again speaks to his sleight of hand abilities, and being able to appear as something he was not. His pride, however, led to Sansa being able to take his place. He never saw it coming. Hubris brought him low in the end. I need to make sure I am looking at the issues truly and not infusing them with what I want them to be.

2. The Empress

As I look at Dany, standing next to Baelish I see the similarities between them. They both, in the end, deceived themselves about who they really were and both paid the price for it. They failed to see their shortcomings. I need to remember to examine myself honestly. Am I really creating something better? For whom?

3. Eight of Swords

Brienne refused to be hemmed in by societies expectations for her. Not only did she break all the barriers before her but she ultimately achieved her most sought after goal without having to sacrifice herself in the long run. No longer bound, she is free to be all she dreamed of. With a greater understanding of how my own limited thinking and views can be restricting me I will be able to move past them with grace.

1957516947_MoonDay18.thumb.jpg.4064d69e3d689508ae01adf020b0a4be.jpg