RavenOfSummer

Subforum Mods, Tarot Reading Circles

Apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere as I'm still catching up! But in our old home, those of us who host reading circles had recently been made mods of just that subforum, mostly to make it easy for us to pin and un-pin the current month's circles so we didn't have to bother the mods with that all the time. I'm not sure we hosts have that power in our new home? If we do I'm not  sure how to do it! I just put up a May Circle of Seasons and would love to pin it and un-pin last month's 🙂

This was on my list to check and I forgot.  Thank you for the reminder!  Let me see what I can do. ❤️ 

Do you mean that all this time I and my co-hosts could have stickied our own threads instead of hassling EmpyreanKnight and Saturn ??

9 minutes ago, gregory said:

Do you mean that all this time I and my co-hosts could have stickied our own threads instead of hassling EmpyreanKnight and Saturn ??

No, this feature was not present from the start, it was added fairly recently (after Empyreanknight left). So it was mostly Joy and Nightshade that got hassled instead 😁 

Just a thought... could the same thing happen with the study groups? It would be really handy to be able to organise the Wildwood section a bit... pretty please? And being able to create a subfolder or two would of course be fantabulous. 😎

How would stickies work for that (I'm not in one; I dunno...)

The thing for circles is the host needs to be able to put the latest sign-up one where people can see so it doesn't fall down the list and people miss it, like.

There are so many study groups that trying to set that all up on the backend will take a chunk of time. 😞 I may do it on a case-by-case basis, but I don't want everyone jumping forward, ya know?  

10 hours ago, Wanderer said:

Just a thought... could the same thing happen with the study groups? It would be really handy to be able to organise the Wildwood section a bit... pretty please? And being able to create a subfolder or two would of course be fantabulous. 😎

As it is members can sort through the threads in the order they like, subforums are useless in this case.  The server has limited storage so we just can keep blowing everything up so fast!  Sorry guys!  This new software takes up more storage than the SMF did so we're still running it through it's paces right now. 🐎

I totally understand!  Everyone is really excited with the new look of the place and want to do some fancy stuff!  Believe me, the staff does too!  But it's like breaking in a new engine, you don't want to put the pedal to the medal just yet. 🏎️

You COULD do like AT did - have a SINGLE sticky in the study groups section linking to each study group's master thread - where there are links to all the cards.