Sign in to follow this  
Czenzi

Just Got a Thoth Deck—that Lwb!

Hi, I’ve been learning with RWS clones. As long as the card art isn’t too off base (since I remember things visually), I am competent with all the meanings of the cards in this system. I just got got a mini Thoth deck. I already feel connected to it, BUT I know it is a different system and I don’t want to rely too much on the RWS meanings in my head.

So, I open up the LWB and get “Thus potassium, thrown upon water, becomes ignited and accepts the embrace of the hydroxyl radical. The fish and serpent here represented have been objects of worship in cults which taught the doctrine of resurrection or reincarnation.” The next page has Latin in all caps. I took Latin in eighth grade . . . I vaguely remember that “puella” means “girl.”

I am not good at chemistry, Latin, fish symbolism, Kabbalah, Hebrew, alchemy or astrology. Can someone recommend a “For Dummies” book, webpage or YouTube channel for me?

I have three very good books up for grabs in the Thoth forum. Free shipping in the US with a $12.00 donation to the forum. I'll see if I can find the thread. I came to the thoth only about 7 or 8 years ago, but have learned to thoroughly love it. with a good book as an aid, the deepness can come along at leisure. 

1 hour ago, AJ-ish/Sharyn said:

bottom of page three, lots of good info on the whole thread.  

Can I start with just 1 and go from there? I think I may get overwhelmed, so that’s probably better. You can choose which you think is best/want to part with. I’ll donate however much you think it is worth (okay, not $1000). I assume you mean to TT&M when you say “the forum”?