We Ran a Marathon In Here! (New Features!)

Little Fang

Little Fang

As I sit here and wipe off the sweat... (ha!)

You'll notice with the new software, we have a lot of new things!

• Help section replaces the Helpdesk.
  • Deck Library is just that!  Come on in and submit your reviews for the decks we have posted.  Always adding more!
  • Check out our Paid Readers sections!  If you'd like your own promotional section, visit our new Store!
  • Have a professional reading site elsewhere?  Purchase an ad banner for a little extra promotion!  I tried to make them unobtrusive, but still visible.  Consider disabling your adblocker and discovering some new favorite readers!
  • Chatbox section for our subscribers!
  • Kickstarter picks, where I showcase some of my favorites that have been funded or need a bit of extra help.

I've tried to list everything.  There may be more coming in the future!  In the meantime, let's kick back, relax, and get to know how everything works together.

Thank you all for your support and patience as we picked all the bits and pieces off the ground and rearranged.

-Little Fang

Raggydoll

It has been so intense, and I’m not even the one doing much of the work! You have really outdone yourself Little Fang! :sbowing_100-102:

Nordica De Spell

I like the deck library so much! 💚

Is it possible to add decks oneself? As nearly everyone here has got a bit of a collection going, the section could grow pretty fast! 

Is more than one review possible, the way it was on AT? (I’m thinking in the comments section of the same thread, NOT multiple threads for the same deck, of course.) I liked reading more than one review on AT... ideally, those would all be easy to find in a list by the cards, or the comments could be strictly for reviews, (and comments on the reviews or pics. could be elsewhere.) I’m just thinking that this Deck Library could be an amazing resource, (and if linked to Google could pull more tarot nuts into TT&M, the way AT also did.)

Ah, just some thoughts. AT:s deck library was something that I used to check out so often!! It was super helpful in finding a new deck to love, or in the detail study of one I already loved! 

So, I’m so excited now! The deck library is something that I’ve looked forward to so much!! 

I LOVE it that you’ve made sections, medieval, fairy, and so on. And the great quality pictures! I read a few reviews, always so interesting with reviews!! There can’t be too many reviews, is how I feel!

More, more, more! Love, love, love!!!

THANK YOU to you whom made it happen!! 

The new features are WONDERFUL, is what I think, and everything looks more and more cozy and together, everywhere here!

I understand that it’s not magic,, but you guys putting in the hours to it. 

Can’t believe the hard work and hours you’ve put down, for everyone. 

DanielJUK

I love @Nordica De Spell's idea about we could all write reviews of decks. Wonderful people like @Jewel and others have done some great personal reviews. It looks like all the "articles" from the old forum have become reviews over here. There are decks listed already but I don't know if we can add our own takes to them or not.

Also well done everyone and Little Fang with the moving :bubble_blovekiss:

Edited by DanielJUK

Id like to add my many thanks to the list here. You've done an amazing job, @Little Fang, for me the changeover has been flawless. I'm off now to check out the new features (some things I didn't look at before).

Thanks too, to the other moderators who have put in the time and the effort to help us all. May TT&M live long and prosper. 🙂❤️ 

Saturn Celeste
7 hours ago, Nordica De Spell said:

Is it possible to add decks oneself?

Absolutely!  Just make sure to use 6 tarot cards unless they are oracle and you can use 3 or 6 for oracle depending on the size.  We need all the decks!! :dancing-cat:

Nordica De Spell
4 minutes ago, Saturn Celeste said:

Absolutely!  Just make sure to use 6 tarot cards unless they are oracle and you can use 3 or 6 for oracle depending on the size.  We need all the decks!! :dancing-cat:

Yay!

Once I get the hang of how to, I’ll try and add one, and see how it goes. 🌺 

Is it any 6 cards, or is there a decision on specific ones that should be included?

Little Fang
16 minutes ago, Nordica De Spell said:

Yay!

Once I get the hang of how to, I’ll try and add one, and see how it goes. 🌺 

Is it any 6 cards, or is there a decision on specific ones that should be included?

Whichever ones you feel give a good outlook of the deck.  I'd pick your favorites. 🙂 

Saturn Celeste

I will be posting a little tutorial on how to upload later on today.  It's very easy!

Thanks so much for all your hard work, LittleFang and mods. I'm going to check out the new features too!

fire cat pickles

But, wait! There's more!

There is an arrow at the lower right hand corner that will bring you back up to the top! We asked for it and we did receive 🙂 Thank you!!!

Also, there is a built in draft function: Once you start typing in any reply and you leave that thread; and then you come back to that thread and click into the reply window; your previous reply is automatically populated into the dialogue box. Try it out--Very handy!

Nordica De Spell

Hey, I tried taking a few pictures, but I can’t figure out the upload part:

I can’t add to the sections already there (for example The Egyptian Decks,) because there’s no button to comment or add.

I can’t add them to the members section, because the Add Image button doesn’t take me to the page that Little Fang has on the instruction screenshot?

There’s only room to upload the image, and to choose copyright, credit and tags. No caption or other text can be added. There’s no text editor window at all — AND I don’t know what to write for the copyright and the credit. (Is one or the other of them the artist, is it the publishing house, and what if it’s a kit and those are different for the book or the deck...)

And even if there were a way to add text, I couldn’t find all the info. for all the decks anyway. Like the ISBN and stuff. And, if I could find the info. I’m not good at taking screenshots, like the example picture that Little Fang posted.

I feel this was super-difficult...

The only thing I’ve managed is photographing the cards, which turned out ok, but I forgot to add the card backs...

Maybe this adding to the library is for someone A LOT more tech or picture savvy, which I’m not at all good at to begin with, and I’m possibly doing something wrong here. Hmm. Maybe I was being too enthousiastic. I just love Deck Libraries (well all libraries, really.)

🐒 🌱

Nordica De Spell

Dear Little Fang, it doesn’t look like that (at all) when I try. There are no such options... BUT it’s dawned on me that maybe I need to do it from the desktop computer, and it’ll look like that! So, I’ll try that later! Thank you! 💛

6 hours ago, DanielJUK said:

I love @Nordica De Spell's idea about we could all write reviews of decks. Wonderful people like @Jewel and others have done some great personal reviews. It looks like all the "articles" from the old forum have become reviews over here. There are decks listed already but I don't know if we can add our own takes to them or not.

Also well done everyone and Little Fang with the moving :bubble_blovekiss:

Thanks Daniel, and I will continue doing reviews.  Just got bogged down the last couple of decks I worked with - Osho Zen still trying to wrap my head around what I want to say, and The Chrysalis I want more time with before reviewing.  I will be doing the review of my "April Deck" - Mermaid Tarot by Leeza Robertson, after doing 30 days with the Moon with that deck I have gotten to know it and the book very well! LOL  Writing the reviews is something I view as one of my best contributions to this wonderful community.  It is nice to know that the person reviewing the deck and companion book (when applicable) has actually spent time using the deck.  I often read reviews that are more first impression love and in the end do not provide me with the detail that someone that has really dedicated time to the deck can give me.  That is what I strive to provide.

Edited by Jewel

Nordica De Spell

@Jewel, I read your reviews before the upgrade. They were well composed and quality pictures... I thought they were helpful to get a grip on the deck reviewed, and a joy to read! It’s a real great contribution to us tt&m members, and glad you plan on continuing. 🙂

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.