Brady 1st Selling Out, 2nd Anticipated

I wrote to Emi Brady last night in praise of her stunning Brady Tarot which I received yesterday. I was so impressed with the work and the quality of the presentation that I'm considering buying another set or two and I was wondering if she was running low.

She gave me permission to post her reply:

"Thank you so much for your kind words! I really put my heart and soul into the creation of this body of work, and it means so much to me to hear your feedback.

I've got about 500 copies left of the first edition (out of the original 3000 I received in October), so while there are still some left, they will not last! I will be publishing a second edition hopefully before the end of the year. That second edition will not come with the bamboo box in order to make it more affordable (and make that first edition more special!)."

Thank you for this, McFaire.  The Brady Tarot has been on my wish list for a while and your earlier post about it in the Unboxings thread propelled it to the top.  Now I think I'd better not wait any longer because I really want the bamboo box.  I just ordered my very own Brady Tarot!

2 minutes ago, Grandma said:

Thank you for this, McFaire.  The Brady Tarot has been on my wish list for a while and your earlier post about it in the Unboxings thread propelled it to the top.  Now I think I'd better not wait any longer because I really want the bamboo box.  I just ordered my very own Brady Tarot!

Yay! I hope you love it 🙂

Does anyone know what other changes will be made in the second edition? Read somewhere the borders will be removed and the size reduced, but I didn't find any announcements yet...

On 5/8/2019 at 5:42 PM, McFaire said:
On 5/8/2019 at 5:38 PM, Grandma said:

Yay! I hope you love it

I do love it, McFaire, and I should have let you know long ago.

And @-fenrir-, not that I'm trying to spend your money, but the bamboo box is itself a work of art and the cards are gorgeous.  If you're in a position to buy the first edition before it's gone, I urge to to seriously consider it.

Love, Grandma

14 minutes ago, Grandma said:

I do love it, McFaire, and I should have let you know long ago.

And @-fenrir-, not that I'm trying to spend your money, but the bamboo box is itself a work of art and the cards are gorgeous.  If you're in a position to buy the first edition before it's gone, I urge to to seriously consider it.

Love, Grandma

🙂

It is a beautiful set!

Haha, yeah, but I guess first I have to sort out if I'm even cut out for reading tarot at all before I indulge in the decklove 😉

On 7/31/2019 at 9:52 PM, McFaire said:

I haven't heard but you could ask Emi via her contact page. https://cargocollective.com/emibrady/The-Brady-Tarot

I'd be curious to know the timing too.

Reply: "I can tell you a couple of things! There will be no white borders, the cards will be slightly larger, and there will not be a bamboo box. No bamboo box means a more affordable deck!"

No info about the release date, but I think I'll wait (not a fan of white borders anyway).

1 hour ago, -fenrir- said:

Reply: "I can tell you a couple of things! There will be no white borders, the cards will be slightly larger, and there will not be a bamboo box. No bamboo box means a more affordable deck!"

No info about the release date, but I think I'll wait (not a fan of white borders anyway).

sounds great!