RavenOfSummer

Forum Members M.I.a.

I was just thinking about some old AT friends. (For those who are newer to the tarot forum world, Aeclectic Tarot was a long-running tarot forum that closed permanently in July 2017. Many of us who were there came here, and it's been wonderful to maintain those friendships as well as make new friends!) I realized there are some people that I haven't seen around at all since AT closed, and I was wondering if anyone knows how they're doing?

One person I really miss is RiverRunsDeep. I don't believe I've seen her around at all since AT closed. Has anyone been in touch with her?

I thought I'd try opening a thread since there may be others that people are wondering about that someone else here is in touch with- if so please share here!

I too miss people although they may be here in lurk mode. I expect some are active on the other forum, can't think of the name, sorry. I haven't got enough time to do two forums I'm sad to say.

Debra for one, we've met a few times which was wonderful.

I do feel quite positive that after closing, the community and it's connectedness has been amazing! Most people from AT are in contact with at least someone. I know I could contact someone who was friends with a person to contact them! I kept in touch with a lot of people myself and some have decided to not join or are not active on forums but they are part of my life now. So I feel amazed that happened, I would say the majority of regular users on that forum are contactable still  :love:

Sadly some people have vanished which is such a loss! Especially those people who didn't really give anyone their personal info or contact details, there is no way to find them now. Of course it's a choice if someone wants to keep their life totally private online, to disappear at anytime or have a break from forums if they need, that is a right of course. However it's nice to post if anyone knows anything of someone or is in touch, that is not invading their life or trying to find them using over the top methods  :thumbsup:

I had a look through other forums and RiverRunsDeep never registered anywhere that I can see :( Debra did join a few of the other forums and she is a member here as Debra[/member] and posted a little last year, miss her :'(

I know pacificwaters[/member] is looking for dancing_moon[/member] and I worry about her as well! She joined and regularly posted in many forums and then went AWOL everywhere earlier this year. I hope she reappears one day, she is a loss and miss her posts!

For me, people who are AWOL....

Thirteen - her interpretations and card understanding was so amazing on AT! She joined another forum but never posted :(

Minderwiz - his astrology lessons were great. He has gone totally AWOL since the end of AT. You can find him around the internet by his handle but he hasn't posted anywhere since the end of AT :(

Well yes, dancing_moon[/member] I am so worried for her. She just disappeared one fine day, and its been months now!! :( I tried to get her details from some AT folks who were FB friends with me, but no update on that front.

Folks who for me are MIA (or AWOL as DanielJUK[/member] would call them)

Minderwiz... I loved his takes in astrology. He would dissect the queries so wonderfully. I was in awe of him. And yes we shared of date of birth (not the year though ;) )

Sulis.. I havent seen her around ever since AT closed. She along with Thirteen, nisaba, were some whose takes I loved reading. nisaba I think is active on CMF.

There was Amanda. I never exchanged with her or even interacted. But her readings were so spot on, despite mostly being oneliners

Then there was MaineGirl117 whom I sparred a lot with on AT. She got me addicted to dark decks. She aint active on any forums now. Though well I am still in contact with her on and off, on FB

Anyone remember le_charior? He was active on TdM threads. He disappeared as well. He gifted me his Pierre Madenie and I am eterally thankful to him for this gift :)

Then there was caridwen. I dont know how many remember her. If I remember right, she was from London. I was in super awe of her interps when I was a learner. But I think she had some issues on AT and disappeared from there even before AT closed.

Nisaba and Amanda are on Cartomancy Forum quite a lot and Nisaba is on Facebook and adds any old AT people if you say who you are. They were both such great experienced readings, I was always in awe of both of them and it seemed to come so easy to them! When I was in my first year of learning tarot I said to Nisaba that I will never understand every card as well as her and she said she had been reading for around 40 years, I was in year 1!  :)) They both had such experience  ;D I always seem to end up in exchanges with both, we had some great exchanges.

Sulis was burnt out by forums (she must have told so many people to please add their interpretations before continuing as an amazing moderator  >:D ). I am in touch with her regularly and many other people here as well, she posts images and tarot stuff on her instagram and still has her tarot bags and reading cloths website going! She did join every forum after AT closed but also she has been starting to walk again after becoming an amputee (she shared her story with her us on AT). But after years of limited mobility and sitting at a screen, she is living life, going out to walk in parks and dancing and enjoying life! So she wants to spend a lot of time offline living life! I have invited her to come to this forum and join in the lovely community it has become and she has promised that if she ever wants to get back into tarot communities she will come here. Apparently Alta also had recommended the forum to visit and so she has had two recommendations about how great it is  :)) :thumbsup: I hope one day she will pop by!

I don't know about the others sadly.

I am in touch with regularly on my social networks (who are not on forums much / at all really) - Haley, Starshower (I am trying to persuade her and Haley to join us here!), Chronata (Robyn Tisch Hollister), Winterchild (she doesn't seem to have joined any forums after but is active on a tarot instagram) and Glass Owl.

What happened to one of the mods - swedishfish?

She decided that she did not want to moderate so she resigned. Later she asked to have her account deleted. Haven’t heard from her since.

I am in touch with regularly on my social networks (who are not on forums much / at all really) - Haley, Starshower (I am trying to persuade her and Haley to join us here!), Chronata (Robyn Tisch Hollister), Winterchild (she doesn't seem to have joined any forums after but is active on a tarot instagram) and Glass Owl.

Winterchild!! Oh yes how did I forget her O:-)

I know it can be a huge responsibilty - mod work and running rooms etc.

Just noticed the absence today when I was looking at some old threads.new ones and the list of guests.

She decided that she did not want to moderate so she resigned. Later she asked to have her account deleted. Haven’t heard from her since.

Sure it can. And everyone has their own ‘real life’ stuff as well, so that needs to be taken into account. But being a part of this forum staff has been such a great experience for me. I get very much out of the work that I put in!

I know it can be a huge responsibilty - mod work and running rooms etc.

Just noticed the absence today when I was looking at some old threads.new ones and the list of guests.

There are quite a few people I wonder about - mostly people who were around when I joined but whose participation in AT had already slowed a lot when the forum closed. Don’t know where they ended up after the closure.

I hope Glass Owl and Dancing Moon will come back here one day.

Posted (edited)

I thought it would be a good idea to have a Forum Member Missing In Action topic for those who haven't been around for a while... Just concerned 🙂

Anyone heard from @Bluelagune? She hasn't visited since April 14. 

Edited by fire cat pickles

Guest Night Shade

I was wondering about @GreatDane.  She hasn't visited since April 1.  And I was wondering about @Bluelagune as well.

Great Dane  is out because of her health.  People come and go but with a community like this, they usually come back when they can. 😉

yes not seen Blue Lagune a while, hope she returns!

Saturn is right, Great Dane takes regular forum breaks but comes back feeling refreshed.

miss them both :heart:

Posted (edited)

I really miss EmpyreanKnight. Haven't seen him in many months 😔

CheyenneSKin was very active for a brief period of time, she was in my exchange circle and disappeared in the middle of it. I don't think she's been back since! This was in December I think. I wonder what's happened to her and hope she's all right.

Edited by RavenOfSummer

Hello Again,

Needed a respite.  Trying to be in more.  Saw a notification my name had been mentioned (and always hope not a bad thing :-)) and saw it was mentioned here.

THANKS for noticing I was out for a bit.  

GD

Guest Night Shade
6 minutes ago, GreatDane said:

Hello Again,

Needed a respite.  Trying to be in more.  Saw a notification my name had been mentioned (and always hope not a bad thing :-)) and saw it was mentioned here.

THANKS for noticing I was out for a bit.  

GD

It's  good to have you back, @GreatDane:smiley:

THANK YOU, NIGHT SHADE!  LOVELY TO BE BACK, MISSED YOU ALL YOU LADS AND LADIES.

Guest Night Shade
1 minute ago, Grandma said:

By the way, I think I found the Member List a while ago but now it's lost.  Can anyone tell me where it is?

If you hover over "Forums" at the top of the screen, you'll see the link to the member list

4 hours ago, Night Shade said:

If you hover over "Forums" at the top of the screen, you'll see the link to the member list

Thank you Night Shade.  My screens are configured differently.  To get to "Forums" I have to click on the three horizontal bars at the top right of every page, on the green bar.  But when I clicked on "Forums", one of the menu choices was indeed "Members" so it was right where I left it, as is often the case when things we had our hands on go missing!