VGimlet

Deck of The Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 96 : May 11- May 17

Posted (edited)

This thread is for those who would like to work through their collection of decks.  Each week we will be picking a new deck to work with exclusively for the week.

Anyone is welcome. Please join us!

1. Please post with your chosen deck for the week.

2. Chat away about your deck, how you're finding it etc.

Participants:

1. VGimlet - Wheel of Fortune Tarot

2. AJ-ish/Sharyn - Tarot of the Little Secrets

3. Bodhiseed - World Spirit Tarot and Mystic Glyphs

4. Queen of Nothing - Skele-tarot

5. 40knows - Tabula Mundi Colores Arcus

(406)

Edited by VGimlet

I'm back with the Wheel of Fortune Tarot, because while I got more time in with this deck, it wasn't quite enough to form an opinion about using it more in the future, or having it filed in the "collection only" section of my brain.   

I received the Tarot of the Little Secrets I backed.

Funny little deck, but I liked the artist so supported her.

thanks for keeping the thread running VG, this is week #616 for me. 

Hello, I would love to join if I'm not too late. Currently re-acquainting myself with the Tabula Mundi Colores Arcus. I frequently, before, found this deck a bit off-putting and too bossy. And even though I love the artwork and the vision behind it, I rarely pick it up for readings. I decided to rectify that, wanting to prove to myself that I could read with it and explore any topic with it as well. I've been finding the entire experience of using the deck rejuvenating. It's almost as if I wasn't really looking before and it's only now that I'm paying attention and learning the deck's particular language. The colors are speaking to me vividly, and I love how the cards tap into my imagination and the language of verse. 

14 hours ago, Bodhiseed said:

Welcome to the DoW group 40knows! I've got the b&w version of the Tabula Mundi, and I really like it.

I didn't find out about MM Meleen until the Colores Arcus version so I missed out on the black and white version. I do love the colors of the colores arcus though, it is a striking deck. 

39 minutes ago, AJ-ish/Sharyn said:

hey 40knows, welcome to the forum! and deck of the week! I too love the Tabula Mundi, but then I love thothy decks way more than RWS so I'm biased 🙂  

Well, I've noticed that I've sort of developed an inclination toward more, hm I don't want to say serious decks, but definitely more aligned within a tradition. As opposed to loose re-interpretations and re-imaginings. I've started to appreciate more The Hermetic Tarot, for example, and decks that have a more serious tone. I've been reading up on different systems, refreshing my memory as I've been heavily TDM immersed for years. So now is my time to branch out I guess.