Lee3

Alternative Jewelry/ Glass Art

Posted (edited)

Just found an area here whilst wandering around the forums and thought I should make the most of promoting my side line ( tarot related ?hmmm however I do see my items adorning the display cabinets of shops that do stock a wide range of tarot in the near future  )  and  I guess gives a little more of myself to the people I am making connections with so we are all winning 🙂

it’s been a project in the background for a few years but this year I have invested the time and money to get things physically started .

its pretty much Lampwork/glassblowing on a smaller scale jewellery / spheres / marbles/ nebulas  But check it out if you think it might be your thing  

https://www.instagram.com/river_glassworks/

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/RiverGlaSsWoRkS

B9C3279F-BD5F-4E93-AD00-7108746641F2.png

B211E668-C71C-4D69-BDE0-613ED674B65F.png

31C03076-5652-4699-838E-89A8CA0E2BC5.png

C7BA603E-3AD9-430D-A262-C26BB912A04B.png

CE024265-864F-4AE1-99A9-97E4A39E21BF.png

CEE47926-D2D6-4A03-BA80-2D474040FD03.png

Edited by Lee3
Pictures

Thankyou everyone for the comments , I’m hoping to move onto larger , memorial type pieces with ashes but I’m more than happy with how the creations are evolving 

The picture of the cat with the collar reminds me of Men in Black when the cat had the Galaxy around his neck in a collar!! :shug_kittyhug_100-100:

Your work is stunning!!

Do you take custom orders? I mean, if there is a desire for a specific color/feel to it? I had something in mind, thats why I’m asking 😊. And do you ship outside of UK? 

@Raggydoll it would be a privilege to create something specific for yourself , let me know your ideas and I can create what you like 

9 hours ago, Lee3 said:

@Raggydoll it would be a privilege to create something specific for yourself , let me know your ideas and I can create what you like 

Wonderful! I am making some notes to try and put my visual idea into words. I am going to PM you when I’m done 😊

Omg I'm a space nerd and I just about drooled over my phone. 

@rixis thank you.  Space and astronomy is a big part of my inspiration and technique I’m working towards are little galaxy nebula type designs . Not only aesthetically but the elements I’m working with in the glass gold/silver/and other striking type glasses and how they react with the flame chemistry to produce some of the most out of this world colours in different lights . It sure is a science as well as an art that I’m trying to learn

@Lee3 that sounds so cool! I understand and yet don't at the same time. But also at the same time my brain says wwoooooaaaahhhh. I can't believe that just glass, metals, and striking patterns/numbers? make those cute little nebulas. It's kind of simple but not.

Have you've read about that other galaxy glassmaker? I forgot his name, but I remember seeing a video of him talking about how his craft developed. Your phrasing sounds similar to his (for how you work with your craft).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.