Most Favourite Card From All Your Decks!

Thoughtful

Thoughtful

This is probably a difficult question as you may have lots you like.  But there must be one that is an all time favourite.  My one is the 10 of Cups from the legacy of the Divine tarot.  It is so heartwarming and beautiful, l smile whenever it comes up for me and my sitters. 

th1S7I6R71.jpg

AJ-ish/Sharyn

across all decks it is always the Moon card,

but this image from the Llewellyn tugs at my heart. 2121330732_Llewellyn3ofCoins.jpg.97b1c547686d07bee1ba6e63745b0c41.jpg

Thoughtful

l do have this deck and l can see why the image tugs at your heart.  She looks so calm and peaceful doing her sewing.  The world may be going mad around her, but there she sits in her own little world.  

Nordica De Spell

Dear @Thoughtful, that’s a wonderfully heart-warming favourite card you’ve got!

Yes, it’s a difficult question. I can’t say for sure, but it might be The Fool card from Ancient Egyptian Tarot: 

8E828B7A-B39D-4B8A-8359-CBB88480EA74.jpeg

Thoughtful

Joe your card is lovely she has a nice steady, calm air about her

Nordica DeSpell  that's a beautiful card, so much to see, and the colouring is very gentle. l will have to look this deck up 😁

Hm, this is real hard for me to answer. I have a thing for the Queen of Wands, especially in the TDMs. I love that her hair is loose and she looks so free, and wild, and strong, everything I aim for everyday. From the majors I would have to say The Star, I love the Star and it's one card I always look at in a deck that a deal breaker. If I don't like it, I will most likely not be able to work with the deck. The Tabula Mundi Colores Arcus has a beautiful star car, one fo my favorites.

51077045_375074656627012_8945743465350692864_n.jpg

Thoughtful

40knows Your card shows a strong in control woman, though she has her soft feminine side l feel.

Thoughtful
9 minutes ago, Nordica De Spell said:

@Thoughtful, I posted some more images of it in the Deck Library.🙂

Oh thanks will have a look right away

@Nordica De Spell the Ancient Egyptian was on of my first decks - second or third maybe?  - I still have a soft spot for it.

Mine would have to be Strength from the Greenwood. There's an alternate version of it as well that was used in a We'Moon calendar, the spear has a heart at the top amongst other differences, but sadly I've been unable to find a decent quality colour image.

trumps_11_th.jpg

Edited by ilweran

queenofwans

My usual favorites are the Queen of Pentacles or Nine of Pentacles. But my favorite, favorite card is The World from Shadowscapes. It was my first favorite card from my first deck, and it still remains my most favorite!

20190518_162443.jpg

Nordica De Spell
1 hour ago, ilweran said:

@Nordica De Spell the Ancient Egyptian was on of my first decks - second or third maybe?  - I still have a soft spot for it.

Mine would have to be Strength from the Greenwood. There's an alternate version of it as well that was used in a We'Moon calendar, the spear has a heart at the top amongst other differences, but sadly I've been unable to find a decent quality colour image.

trumps_11_th.jpg

I’m glad someone else likes the Ancient Egyptian. 🙂 

(... Far as Greenwood, it’s been on my wishlist for years. 🙂 )

Very nice Strength card!

On 5/17/2019 at 4:03 PM, Thoughtful said:

40knows Your card shows a strong in control woman, though she has her soft feminine side l feel.

Yeah, I definitely feel she's striking.

@Nordica De Spell there's supposedly a reprint happening,  but it's rather controversial. Alternatively you can download the images and make your own copy though, seemingly with the artists blessing.

Nordica De Spell
28 minutes ago, ilweran said:

@Nordica De Spell there's supposedly a reprint happening,  but it's rather controversial. Alternatively you can download the images and make your own copy though, seemingly with the artists blessing.

Yes, I’ve oftentimes considered the downloading option, but can’t get around it that in reality I’d like the ”real” deck!

The reprint is news to me!! What’s the controversy? 

The artist, Chesca Potter, disappeared a number of years ago.  The reprint is happening without her permission and is being done by Mark Ryan, the author of the book that accompanied the deck and that apparently Chesca wasn't happy about. Chesca did not want the deck reprinted, and as far as I can tell wanted nothing further to do with Mark - Chesca's brother has said as much.

I won't be buying the reprint for these reasons. In addition to the above he's not come across well, claiming ownership of some of the art because he says he made suggestions as to the content and promising prints of the cards, plus (and very subjectively on my part) just an unpleasant sense of entitlement. 

And to keep on topic as I've remembered another of my favourite cards, it's the High Priestess from the Animals Divine. You may see a theme 😁

e743356fd190da78478fa31f370bced0.jpg

Thoughtful

Love seeing and reading about your favourite cards, they are all so special to you.

l do like the World card from the Shadowscapes deck.  have often though of getting this deck, but people say details are too small.  With my elderly eyes  it has put me off purchashing.

The Shadowscapes is a beautiful deck, I'm not sure I could pick a favourite out of it!  It's just a complete whole if you know what I mean.

I think there's an art book? In fact I think I may have it...

Nordica De Spell
4 hours ago, ilweran said:

The artist, Chesca Potter, disappeared a number of years ago.  The reprint is happening without her permission and is being done by Mark Ryan, the author of the book that accompanied the deck and that apparently Chesca wasn't happy about. Chesca did not want the deck reprinted, and as far as I can tell wanted nothing further to do with Mark - Chesca's brother has said as much.

I won't be buying the reprint for these reasons. In addition to the above he's not come across well, claiming ownership of some of the art because he says he made suggestions as to the content and promising prints of the cards, plus (and very subjectively on my part) just an unpleasant sense of entitlement. 

And to keep on topic as I've remembered another of my favourite cards, it's the High Priestess from the Animals Divine. You may see a theme 😁

e743356fd190da78478fa31f370bced0.jpg

Ok. So it’s the same old reason... Wonder why he’s got the rights to the art now, when he didn’t during the time of The Wildwood creation. Maybe the license is expiring or something.

Sorry about the derail from the purpose of the thread. I’d really love to see EVERYONE’S favourite cards!

(I have the Animals Divine and love it a lot... Great go-to deck in readings, too.)

🌻 🌻

SaturnzCelestial
On 5/11/2019 at 8:37 AM, Thoughtful said:

This is probably a difficult question as you may have lots you like.  But there must be one that is an all time favourite.  My one is the 10 of Cups from the legacy of the Divine tarot.  It is so heartwarming and beautiful, l smile whenever it comes up for me and my sitters. 

th1S7I6R71.jpg

That is also one of my favorite cards too!  I'd also like to remind everyone our Card Favorites section is still open as well if you'd like to contribute to that!

I have so many it’s hard to choose one!

However, I have always loved The Star from The Tarot of the Sidhe:

B16B49B8-00B2-4AE9-B8C3-845C49D115B9.jpeg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.