Tagi

New Member Alert

Hi guys. No idea how to introduce myself so I thought I'd just give a "time line" of my history with tarot.

I have been interested tarot since I was in my early teens and bought my first tarot deck when I was about 13 from my local newsagents at the time (gee that was twenty years ago now!) It was a tarot based on Shakespeare. The newsagents clerk at the time shamed me for buying it "You're too young, you shouldn't be messing with this etc" and I felt really guilted in to not doing anything with it, even though my mum bought the same deck as me. (I was a very consious teen I guess). I didn't feel any connection with the cards, and not being a giant Shakespeare buff didn't help either.

Fast forward to about my early twenties and I thought, lets give this tarot thing another go shall we? I bought the Animals Divine deck because I thought the animal images were lovely but I had a lot of trouble learning with this deck and kind of...didn't persue anything further.

A few years ago my mother was moving house and she gave me four of her tarot decks to hold on to while she was sorting out space. They were the Haindl, Rider-Waite-Snith, Spiral and a mini deck that had very simple images. I hardly looked at them, but I had a custom wooden tarot box I had found in a savers and decided to keep the Rider-Waite smith in it on display, it seemed like they were supposed to be in there somehow?

Fast forward to a few months ago and my friend gave a marceille tarot to her boyfriend as birthday present, and I mentioned how I always liked tarot, they seemed cool but I had no idea how to use them or anything. He gave me a link to little red tarot and that is where I saw the prisma visions deck and I knew I was gonna buy it XD. When it arrived I was enchanted by it, the art is so ethereal and love the idea of an extra card to make decks more "unique". I am reading some people don't like it but *shrugs* I do me.

I'm determined to learn tarot this time. It only took what, twenty years to get to this point? 

Im going to also use my raider-white to help teach me, it has the most even and nuetral feel to it. I have also bought the marigold tarot but I feel it is slightly too advanced for me yet.

As for the other three my mother gave me, I ended up giving them back...I disliked the way the mini tarot felt in my hands, I could not get passed the purple borders on the spiral and the Haindl...repulsed me. Its odd but it made my stomach churn, it was odd.

I bought a tarot 101 book for myself, but I gave it to my mother because like me she has had decks for years and doesn't really know card meanings. She is not internet savvy so it will be better off with her. 

So this is why I'm here, to learn. I'm also a collector of things so I'll probably also stumble on some decks reccomend here I really like.

Anyways, tltr, Hi!

Dear @Tagi:animated-smileys-waving-065:

What a nice introduction!

You know, we all have our own relationships and ways when it comes to the tarot!

So glad you found a deck that you like, with the Prisma Visions! And learning with the Rider-Waite is a good choice!

There’s so much here on this forum — explore around a bit, and you’ll see! It’s great for learning and practicing the tarot, for finding out about new decks, and so much more!

Warmly welcome! 

🌷🌷

Welcome! 😎

The Prisma Visions is fascinating (although I don't have it)... but @Lee3is planning a study group on this deck, so you'll definitely find a home here!

Welcome welcome! I also started exploring tarot around 13 (my mom passed a deck down to me).... it’s terrible that the clerk would shame you about it! 

Anyway, It’s great you have a deck you connect with now, and now have this wonderful community to explore tarot more with!

Welcome @Tagi It took me about 20 years to come back to and start learning for good this time and I also discovered and fell in love with the Prisma Visions tarot and from the same shop I believe 🙂  but yes as@Wanderer said I do plan on a study group for this deck so do check it out 

Welcome aboard Tagi  :animated-smileys-signs-085:

What an interesting time you have had in your tarot journey.  Good that you ended up here this is a great forum with so much to offer.  Perhaps you might be interested in the mentorship.

Welcome to the forum @Tagi :animated-smileys-signs-085:

I have a really similar story to you about my tarot journey and I think for all of us it is a journey, not an instant thing! I bought a RWS deck at 13 from a bookshop chain here (WHSmiths) in the UK, they had a policy in their stores of not selling certain books and items to people under 14 for "sensitive topics" like occultism and so my parents bought it for me. I messed around with it in my teens and looked up the meanings in books. In my twenties, I packed it all away. I didn't seem to need divination at all. But in my 30's I came back to it! I was going through a really depressive time of my life (and I don't really suffer from depression as a person) and came across my stored old decks! I really studied studying them and then found a lot of resources on the internet.

I am convinced that tarot comes to us when we need it and also as we get older, we get perhaps more spiritual and want to go deeper in ourselves.

Anyway I am sure you will get a lot out of the forum here to help your journey ❤️:thumbsup:

Hi Tagi, Nice to meet another newbie to tarot like me. I am here to learn as well. have found some awesome people helping out here.  I have been told by a tarot reader that, learning any divination will affect our romantic relationships in a bad way, so i just never touched a tarot deck until recently when circumstances pushed me to order a tarot deck and an oracle deck to ask the questions myself for my peace of mind....  I can relate a little on how you may have felt about tarot all these years. 

Thank-you for the warm welcome everyone!

On 5/13/2019 at 3:17 PM, Lee3 said:

Welcome @Tagi It took me about 20 years to come back to and start learning for good this time and I also discovered and fell in love with the Prisma Visions tarot and from the same shop I believe 🙂  but yes as@Wanderer said I do plan on a study group for this deck so do check it out 

I would love to be apart of the study group if when I work out how to join XD