Coffee or Tea?   

34 members have voted

1. 1. Coffee, Tea, Nah?

• Yes! Coffee!
    • Both!
    • Tea all the way!
    • Neither.

So this is "Tarot, Tea and Me." However, I'm curious how many of us actually drink tea. 

Put it in the poll above and then comment why or why not if you're feeling bold! 

3 minutes ago, DanielJUK said:

I only drink tea, I just don't like coffee! But I drink a lot of tea ❤️

Same here, I can't handle the smell of coffee. For my family, it seems to be every few generations they switch. My grandparents and great grandparents always drank coffee, couldn't stand tea. My parents and siblings all drink tea and won't stand coffee. So we'll see what the next generation prefers. 

I drink both. I always have coffee in the mornings, sometimes after dinner. I'm from the southern United States so iced sweet tea is a thing. Usually drank with meals, though I prefer coke. I like herbal teas when it's too cold for cold drinks. What I'm drinking (and how I take it) is more dependent on time of day, how I feel, etc than just personal taste. I pretty much like everything.

4 minutes ago, AnomalyTempest said:

I drink both. I always have coffee in the mornings, sometimes after dinner. I'm from the southern United States so iced sweet tea is a thing. Usually drank with meals, though I prefer coke. I like herbal teas when it's too cold for cold drinks. What I'm drinking (and how I take it) is more dependent on time of day, how I feel, etc than just personal taste. I pretty much like everything.

I think that's awesome! Very few people actually like everything! 

I like both. All sorts of varieties of tea from traditional English tea with milk to the more delicate Chinese and Japanese brews. I have a special like for Oolong and Lapsang Souchon.

Coffee I only drink with cream - don’t like really strong coffee like espressos. 

Guest Night Shade

I only like herbal tea, preferably something with chamomile.  I can't tolerate coffee at all. 

25 minutes ago, Flaxen said:

I like both. All sorts of varieties of tea from traditional English tea with milk to the more delicate Chinese and Japanese brews. I have a special like for Oolong and Lapsang Souchon.

Coffee I only drink with cream - don’t like really strong coffee like espressos. 

Oh wow! I'd love to have had so many teas! I typically just stick with an english breakfast. 🙂

21 minutes ago, Night Shade said:

I only like herbal tea, preferably something with chamomile.  I can't tolerate coffee at all. 

Do you put anything special in your herbal tea like milk or sugar and if so how much? 

Guest Night Shade
Just now, PurplePixie03 said:

Do you put anything special in your herbal tea like milk or sugar and if so how much? 

I like my tea really sweet, so I put three or four sugars in it! :classic_laugh:  No milk, though. 

I drink coffee at work, and tea just for enjoyment. It's so ingrained in me that coffee is my work drink that I had one this weekend and went "crap I'm wearing the wrong shoes, my feet are too comfy!" before realizing I want heading to work and could wear whatever shoes I wanted! 

6 minutes ago, libra said:

I drink coffee at work, and tea just for enjoyment. It's so ingrained in me that coffee is my work drink that I had one this weekend and went "crap I'm wearing the wrong shoes, my feet are too comfy!" before realizing I want heading to work and could wear whatever shoes I wanted! 

Haha, I'm a libra too! Anyways, that's kinda funny. How do you like your tea and coffee? 

6 minutes ago, PurplePixie03 said:

Haha, I'm a libra too! Anyways, that's kinda funny. How do you like your tea and coffee? 

Coffee is a "double double" - our Canadianism for 2 cream, 2 sugar. Tea, depends on the type! Black tea with sugar, herbal tea with honey or without, green tea is just enjoyed as is 🙂

Tea! It's one of my favourite drink. I like all sort of tea but have a special place in my heart of the russian  earl grey.  Also I like drinking tea while doing a tarot reading. It's relaxing and helps me concentrate. I drink it without sugar except  for iced tea

I occasionally drink coffee but I prefer tea. However I really appreciate the smell of coffe and love it in desert! 

54 minutes ago, LoveLightPeace said:

I drink both. I like my coffee with cream, and I drink a variety of teas (no sweeteners, no cream). Lately my favorite tea is kombucha green tea. 

Oooh, I like that you drink both, but with such different variety. 

22 minutes ago, Esk said:

Tea! It's one of my favourite drink. I like all sort of tea but have a special place in my heart of the russian  earl grey.  Also I like drinking tea while doing a tarot reading. It's relaxing and helps me concentrate. I drink it without sugar except  for iced tea

I occasionally drink coffee but I prefer tea. However I really appreciate the smell of coffe and love it in desert! 

Ah, so I take it you must like the coffee and chocolate combination in deserts? 

I drink coffee every day, many times.
Tea maybe once a week month, always with honey, so it gets sweeter.

But if you google top consuming nations regarding coffee and tea, then there are different countries on the two lists. Distinct cultural differences.

1 hour ago, KaiNO said:

I drink coffee every day, many times.
Tea maybe once a week month, always with honey, so it gets sweeter.

But if you google top consuming nations regarding coffee and tea, then there are different countries on the two lists. Distinct cultural differences.

Yeah, you definitely can see a difference depending on the culture. I've never had tea with honey, I might just have to try that.  

Love my morning coffee, but I avoid it after 5pm because it keeps me awake. One cup is enough. When I drink tea it's almost always herbal. Something about the "standard" tea just bores the heck out of me. Plus I love the different benefits of different herbs. Nettle for healthy blood, peppermint for when I need to cool down, chamomile for upset stomach and so on. 🙂

Posted (edited)

Definitely both, depending on time of day. But you didn't split out tea. I only really like Earl.Lady Grey and "hippy" teas (herbals...)

Coffee is for the mornings, unless we are out somewhere. And no additives of any kind to either one. I like my drugs unadulterated :rofl:

Edited by gregory