RavenOfSummer

Herbs In Your Garden

RavenOfSummer

Ooh @Grace, I love your snake plants!! They are gorgeous plants- I've been thinking I'd like to get one whenever plant shops reopen. Hanging plants seems like a great idea to try to deal with space/light considerations. Another thing I thought of- are there any community gardens in your area? Maybe you could try getting a plot?

Grace

@RavenOfSummer The nearest community garden is quite a drive away, not ideal unfortunately ☹️. I'll have to make do with whatever I can workout indoors, till we move at least - garden is on the list for the next house! 

RavenOfSummer

Oh, that's unfortunate about not having a nearby garden! Definitely something to look forward to in the future though! 😊

JennyPenny
Posted (edited)

Oh This is fun!

This year the garden is growing some great herbs and veggies!

Herbs:

Rosemary

Lavender

Basil

Chives

Sage

Veggies:

Arugula

Radishes

Radicchio

Green Beans

Beets

Asparagus

It was amazing to see how quickly the radishes grew! Radishes with fleur de sel is such a great snack. I usually skip the butter. And Radish greens pesto is officially my favorite food of the year. You just need to quickly blanche the radish greens to get rid of their prickly texture. I just pour like 3 cups of boiling water over them and they are ready for the food processor.

Lilies are on there way.

@Lee3 I want to grow marshmallow and fennel too.

I am hoping to plant comfrey.

To everyone  here cheers to the little pleasures of fresh herbs and veggies and flowers in your own garden.

Edited by JennyPenny

Lee3

@JennyPenny  the fennel has well and truly taken over this year. It has self seeded and I confused the growing seedlings with some nigella I sowed , I realised a little too late that it was in fact fennel and have had a job containing it . 
the marshmallow seems to grow very well with little effort. I have made a few divisions earlier in the year and they have taken off nicely. If you are in the uk and would like a section your very welcome