Jump to content
Saturn Celeste

Most Widely Used Decks of 2019

Recommended Posts

Hello members!  We have a new project for the forum.  This is a project that will run from now until Jan 1, 2020.  Each month there will be a new thread for everyone to share their favorite tarot, oracle or Lenormand decks.  If you have pictures that would be great!  The more pictures the better!  I will have this set up by the month.  Don't worry about repeating decks, that will add to the stats of how many people like that particular deck!  We hope to gather data from this section to create our own poll of TT&M's Most Widely Used Decks of 2019!

 

I thank Fire Cat Pickles for launching this idea!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, RavenOfSummer said:

Hi @Saturn Celeste! Love this project! Quick question- I'm assuming it doesn't matter WHEN the deck came out, just that it's our favorite/most used that week when we post it? So doesn't have to be a recently released deck?

Great question!  This is for the most popular decks that we are all using in 2019.  So we’ll get a nice mix of decks. 😊  Can be published any year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this is a good initiative for more activity in the forum. It will be interesting to see how much attention this will get every week.

 

Personally, I would have preferred that all decks that were entered into the Deck Library were automatically candidates in the annual polls. This would cause the Deck Library to grow and be updated regularly.

 

But maybe both of these sources can be used for annual polls?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, KaiNO said:

I think this is a good initiative for more activity in the forum. It will be interesting to see how much attention this will get every week.

 

Personally, I would have preferred that all decks that were entered into the Deck Library were automatically candidates in the annual polls. This would cause the Deck Library to grow and be updated regularly.

 

But maybe both of these sources can be used for annual polls?

I think that the deck library will contain lots of decks that people aren’t necessarily using as frequently, but they still want to share. Though it is certainly possible that they still can be included in some aspect of the statistics.. 🤔 Well, there is plenty of time to figure that out. @fire cat pickles might have some thoughts on it! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@KaiNO And, just a little OT, but I’m curious to see if the Stretch tarot will make it onto one of your ‘most used decks’ entries?! 😀 I believe it will feature next week for me (it was so hard to pick one deck this week because I have worked with both the stretch and the Inner Compass oracle to a great extent). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Raggydoll said:

@KaiNO And, just a little OT, but I’m curious to see if the Stretch tarot will make it onto one of your ‘most used decks’ entries?! 😀 I believe it will feature next week for me (it was so hard to pick one deck this week because I have worked with both the stretch and the Inner Compass oracle to a great extent). 

 

Ohh, I've spent time with the Stretch Tarot these last couple of days. I will use it for my next reading circle, for Coweb, within a couple of days 🙂

I have already grown fond of this deck 💞  I was really in doubt about that. (Maybe I'll even like the "ugly" Bohemian Gothic as well 😉  )

 

We will see, regarding the ‘most used decks’ entries 😃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, KaiNO said:

Ohh, I've spent time with the Stretch Tarot these last couple of days. I will use it for my next reading circle, for Coweb, within a couple of days 🙂

I have already grown fond of this deck 💞  I was really in doubt about that. (Maybe I'll even like the "ugly" Bohemian Gothic as well 😉  )

 

We will see, regarding the ‘most used decks’ entries 😃

The bohemian gothic is such a quirky deck. I really the style (I also loved the original Adams family show on tv, and several of the really old Dracula movies. ) But  that style is not for everyone, that’s for sure 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Raggydoll said:

I think that the deck library will contain lots of decks that people aren’t necessarily using as frequently, but they still want to share. Though it is certainly possible that they still can be included in some aspect of the statistics.. 🤔 Well, there is plenty of time to figure that out. @fire cat pickles might have some thoughts on it! 

It would help me out when posting in the Library if you could also post somewhere in the Decks of 2019 Forum here: https://www.thetarotforum.com/forums/forum/127-decks-of-2019/

 

It could be in the thread for that week.

 

I am compiling a list off-line to use later for us to cast votes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, fire cat pickles said:

It would help me out when posting in the Library if you could also post somewhere in the Decks of 2019 Forum here: https://www.thetarotforum.com/forums/forum/127-decks-of-2019/

 

It could be in the thread for that week.

 

I am compiling a list off-line to use later for us to cast votes.

I’m excited for that list! (I

always love me a good list 😊🤓)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2019 at 10:44 AM, KaiNO said:

Personally, I would have preferred that all decks that were entered into the Deck Library were automatically candidates in the annual polls. This would cause the Deck Library to grow and be updated regularly.

I thought about it and if you want to comply with the image restrictions, then go ahead and upload here and in the library!  Flaxen's upload in here would be nice for the library but all of the right side is cut off.  I really like to see all of the cards.  I'm more relaxed with the oracle cards.  But if you have 6 tarot cards and a back if you want, then upload in both places!  Just make sure all the cards are visible please. :herz:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

20 hours ago, gregory said:

Hang on - FAVOURITE or most used ?

I do get that people who read for others sometimes use decks that aren’t necessarily their favorites. Maybe because they have a trusty ‘workhorse’ or maybe because the other person specifically requested a deck. But if you, for instance, find that you have used three decks frequently during a week then just feature the one you like the most of of them. Hopefully people use their favorite decks to some extent. If they don’t, then maybe they will get the incentive to do it now so that they can put it on our list 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.