Deck of The Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 97 : May 18- May 24

VGimlet

This thread is for those who would like to work through their collection of decks.  Each week we will be picking a new deck to work with exclusively for the week.

Anyone is welcome. Please join us!

1. Please post with your chosen deck for the week.

2. Chat away about your deck, how you're finding it etc.

Participants:

1. Aj-ish/Sharyn - Frankendecken

2. Madame Squee - CBD Tarot de Marseille and Dondorf Lenormand (1878, unrestored)

3. VGimlet - Tarot of Little Secrets

4. RavenOfSummer - Anieth Nature Tarot & Untamed Truth Oracle

5. Bodhiseed - Anna K Tarot and Meditation Cards

6. Queen of Nothing - Slow Holler Tarot

7. 40knows - Albano Waite Tarot

(407)

Edited by VGimlet

AJ-ish/Sharyn

I'll be using my "frankendecken" organized as a group project on AT some years ago, each card from a different deck. thanks VG

Madame Squee

Please sign me up with the CBD Tarot de Marseille and Dondorf Lenormand (1878, unrestored). 

Thank you, VG:bubble_blovekiss:

You are all welcome!    I am going to be using the Tarot of Little Secrets this coming week.   

Finally feeling like I have a handle on everything.   Except I can't find my red camera  OR my blue shoes anywhere, and it's very frustrating.   🤬   Normally I am a person who can lay my hands on anything in my house within just a few minutes - including decks and books.  GAH!    The search continues....

RavenOfSummer

Hi everyone! It's been a while since I've been here- been a hectic couple of months and haven't been on the forum much, trying to get back into my regular practice. Good to be catching up with everyone here :heart:

I've love to join this week with Anieth Nature Tarot and Untamed Truth Oracle. I've had the Untamed Truth for a few months but haven't worked with it yet. So that will be new to me.

RavenOfSummer - Anieth Nature Tarot & Untamed Truth Oracle

Thank you for hosting us, VG!

Welcome back, RavenOfSummer!

I'm in this week with the Anna K Tarot and Meditation Cards.

Thanks for the new thread, VG. Hope you find your camera and shoes!

RavenOfSummer
2 hours ago, Bodhiseed said:

Welcome back, RavenOfSummer!

I'm in this week with the Anna K Tarot and Meditation Cards.

Thanks for the new thread, VG. Hope you find your camera and shoes!

Thank you, @Bodhiseed! 😊

Queen of Nothing

I literally stared at my drawer full of decks for like an hour, unable to decide which one to use, before doing some eenie meenie miney mo. 🙂

So, I'm doing the Slow Holler this week. Thanks for the thread VG!

Joining this one as well, missed the early sign-up! So, no more Tabula Mundi. I'm thinking that the Albano Waite, the current US Games reprint, is the deck for this week for me. I purchased this deck after falling in love with the colors and sitting with the choice of purchasing or not for months. I decided to purchase the current reprint but found that the lines were slightly blurry in comparison to my elegant Centennial edition, and there is an especial mark on the 9 of coins that really makes me grumble. The beautiful lady in her garden of pentacles, has half her face smeared in shadow. I now call her, the shadow lady. So, in an effort to get past these silly bumps, I am going to use it exclusively. 

My partner says I'm silly for paying attention to those little details. That the deck is perfectly fine, despite the lady's face in half shadow. 😥 

Ok, so the saga with shadows continues. I've been using the Albano, and I have to admit there's nothing terribly wrong with it. Despite the shadows, and a couple blurry lines here and there, I do love the coloring. I bought this deck because of the coloring. Thinking it would be a refreshing and vibrant twist to the already beautiful Centennial RWS.

I'm finding that as expected the deck reads similarly to other RWS decks. I can expect the same voice and tone to come through as the Centennial. The caveat being that the coloring adds a touch of moodiness that colors the responses to questions nicely (not sure about this word if it fit here but going with it). 

All in all, I'm loving reading with the deck.

Tarot of Little Secrets is going on my "more later" list for a lot of reasons.   It shuffles well, and I just like  the "feel" of this deck.   

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.