2019- Thursday May 16

Saturn Celeste

Saturn Celeste

Ok here's our launch thread for the new TT&M most favorite decks of 2019 project!  Each Thursday I'll start a new thread that will allow us to share our favorite tarot, oracle or Lenormand decks.  Post one deck per week and pictures are welcome!  Don't worry about repeating decks, that will add to the stats of how many people like that particular deck!  We hope to gather data from this section to create our own poll of TT&M's Most Widely Used Decks of 2019!

My favorite deck right now is the Inner Compass oracle by Heather Hoeps. It is such a versatile and brilliant little thing 💖

(I just learned that this deck sold out yesterday. That’s a bummer, hopefully she’ll do a second printing) 

E6BF3718-81CB-41CF-AB04-C402624F4BF6.jpeg

426F6F08-A50A-4AB4-857A-19009C219475.jpeg

Saturn Celeste
15 hours ago, Raggydoll said:

My favorite deck right now is the Inner Compass oracle by Heather Hoeps. It is such a versatile and brilliant little thing 💖

(I just learned that this deck sold out yesterday. That’s a bummer, hopefully she’ll do a second printing) 

Lovely!  You got that just in time!! :azn:

queenofwans

My current favorite deck is the Augenblick Tarot! I'm in love with these incredibly beautiful, vintage photolithographs curated by deck creator Shannon Loftis from collections found at the Library of Congress!

20190512_104044.jpg

IMG_20190512_211309_550.jpg

Saturn Celeste
1 hour ago, queenofwans said:

My current favorite deck is the Augenblick Tarot!

Lovely deck!  Very interesting indeed!

Queen of Nothing

I rediscovered the Slow Holler. I used it today for the first time in a while and I forgot how much I love it. I'll never part with it.

For me, this week is all about The Stretch Tarot:

stretchTarot2.jpg

I don't know, but the man on 9 of Cups got to be the character Don Draper from Mad Men! Not only the depicted resemblance, but the meaning of the card fits so well too 😄

This is from a small deck called Mini Moon Cards that I found on Etsy and fell in love with. It's just moon phases and they're meant to be used with other decks.  I believe there is a larger version as well. I think they're just beautiful. 

il_794xN.1813270209_8ix8.jpg

For the past month or so I've been using the Norse Tarot by Clive Barrett, published in 1989, now back in print. I wish the borders were smaller, but I love the paintings. Another slight problem is that some of the Majors, taken from Norse mythology, are a bit shoe-horned in to fit an RWS meaning. The Minors show scenes of everyday life, so no problem there. Despite my quibbles, I have been loving my time with the deck.

IMG_0230.JPG

IMG_0229.JPG

IMG_0235.JPG

On 5/19/2019 at 3:27 PM, ilweran said:

This is from a small deck called Mini Moon Cards that I found on Etsy and fell in love with. It's just moon phases and they're meant to be used with other decks.  I believe there is a larger version as well. I think they're just beautiful. 

il_794xN.1813270209_8ix8.jpg

Wow, I love this!

On 5/19/2019 at 3:27 PM, ilweran said:

@ilweran could you please post the name of the Etsy store, or a link? I can't seem to find them. Thank you! (Bazillions of moon cards on there!)

RavenOfSummer
15 minutes ago, McFaire said:

@ilweran could you please post the name of the Etsy store, or a link? I can't seem to find them. Thank you! (Bazillions of moon cards on there!)

Seconding @McFaire's request! 😊

10 hours ago, ilweran said:

@McFaire @RavenOfSummer https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/NemetonArt She doesn't have any for sale at the moment, perhaps you could contact her and ask when she'll have more available?

I contacted Lizzie to ask if she planned to offer more moon cards. She said:

"Yes I am. I have a couple of new options too, like a set with key words on them which is slightly larger. And a sparkly Magic Moon set! I am waiting for my packaging (should be here tomorrow) and then should be available again at the weekend."

fire cat pickles

Ok for this past week I have the following decks:

Augenblick Tarot

Brady Tarot

Inner Compass oracle by Heather Hoeps

Mini Moon Cards

Norse Tarot by Clive Barrett

Slow Holler

Spirit Keeper’s Tarot

Stretch Tarot

Triple Goddess Tarot

Did I miss any?  I've compiled my off-line list. Last call!

Please post in the new thread and not here:

Thank you!