This Is The All-singing, All-dancing Tarot Enabling Thread!

FLizarraga

FLizarraga
On 7/4/2019 at 10:38 PM, Halcyon said:

That is so cool!!!  It's on my wish list.  Unfortunately,  I have enough decks for now,  as I want to explore each deeply. Im also in a No Buy July group.

Maybe for my birthday in October 🙂

You never have enough decks, Halcyon. There is no such thing...

9 hours ago, FLizarraga said:

Lol. I am a newbie and keep returning to my Rider waite decks. I have Goddess, Luna Sol (love), and DreamKeepers and a vintage RWS which I adore. I want to feel comfortable and familiar with these before buying another...plus...no buy July is keeping me in check LOL

FLizarraga
3 minutes ago, Halcyon said:

Lol. I am a newbie and keep returning to my Rider waite decks. I have Goddess, Luna Sol (love), and DreamKeepers and a vintage RWS which I adore. I want to feel comfortable and familiar with these before buying another...plus...no buy July is keeping me in check LOL

But surely you don't believe that, not in your heart of hearts. You're here, after all... :evil:

You were complaining about the Goddess Tarot's cardstock. I can assure you that Pam's Vintage has the most delicious linen cardstock. Reall truly went all out for this one. The texture is superb, and it shuffles like butter.

And reall has also created the Pam's Original Art Only Tarot, which is, as far as I know, the only RWS edition that has neither borders nor titles or numbers: https://www.thegamecrafter.com/games/pam-s-original-art-only-tarot-size. Think about it: just Pam's powerful images, with the original roses and lilies backs, in the same delicious linen cardstock...

excited oprah winfrey GIF by Stacy Rizzetta, Director of Content Development

15 minutes ago, FLizarraga said:

But surely you don't believe that, not in your heart of hearts. You're here, after all... :evil:

You were complaining about the Goddess Tarot's cardstock. I can assure you that Pam's Vintage has the most delicious linen cardstock. Reall truly went all out for this one. The texture is superb, and it shuffles like butter.

And reall has also created the Pam's Original Art Only Tarot, which is, as far as I know, the only RWS edition that has neither borders nor titles or numbers: https://www.thegamecrafter.com/games/pam-s-original-art-only-tarot-size. Think about it: just Pam's powerful images, with the original roses and lilies backs, in the same delicious linen cardstock...

excited oprah winfrey GIF by Stacy Rizzetta, Director of Content Development

Yes, I have the Pam's Vintage...the smaller deck...and I LOVE IT. 

Okay. So....I have to say...I came across this deck this morning while reading Little Red Tarot blog and OMG. I think I have to get this one. Damn you No Buy July!!! THIS IS SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!

https://www.spoliatarot.com/

YOu can see all the cards here: https://littleredtarot.com/product/spolia-tarot/

and her review here: https://littleredtarot.com/spolia-tarot-review/

Edited by Halcyon

On 7/4/2019 at 10:38 PM, Halcyon said:

That is so cool!!!  It's on my wish list.  Unfortunately,  I have enough decks for now,  as I want to explore each deeply. Im also in a No Buy July group.

Maybe for my birthday in October 🙂

Eve.jpg.2fae2b149d44a3fec1f32e6426da3b3a.jpg

LoveLightPeace
8 hours ago, Saturn Celeste said:

Oh this is excellent enabling!  Good...good. :evil:

evil mr burns GIF

They're doing such an excellent job that I just ordered Pam's Original Art Only Tarot. Thank you for the link @FLizarraga:classic_biggrin:

FLizarraga
1 hour ago, LoveLightPeace said:

They're doing such an excellent job that I just ordered Pam's Original Art Only Tarot. Thank you for the link @FLizarraga:classic_biggrin:

proud rita ora GIF by America's Next Top Model

FLizarraga
9 hours ago, Saturn Celeste said:

Oh this is excellent enabling!  Good...good. :evil:

evil mr burns GIF

I thought I had posted this? Totally OT, but every time I see Mr. Burns, I remember Smithers' screensaver...

This thread is hilarious 😀🤣🙃🙄🙂😬

Just received Sacred Traveler Oracle cards. Waiting for Enchanted spell Oracle Medieval Hedgewitch Magick, Earth Wisdom Oracle and the Dark Mansion Tarot! This is it for the deck buying of 2019 I think...or nooot? Well ehm, yes, this is it. . .

20190708_203423.jpg.8d2da60ba16fcb87ffb6332de6293696.jpg

Edited by Katie

Holy cats the new Darkness of Light Tarot is simply gorgeous and so powerful.  I enjoy this one more than the darker-toned 2nd ED, and that's saying a lot.

GFT_DarknesstoLight_3rd Edition.jpg

Edited by Wyrdkiss
Ww

On 7/8/2019 at 1:57 AM, FLizarraga said:

I thought I had posted this? Totally OT, but every time I see Mr. Burns, I remember Smithers' screensaver...

😆😆😂😂😂❤️❤️

Thought l would peep in here and see if l am inspired.  The Influence of Angels tarot mentioned by Saturn caught my attention, that is until l saw the images.  Like folk have already said it is very like Kat Blacks decks.  Though l have both the Golden and the Touchstone decks l cannot get on with them at all they feel so flat to me.

So there you have it,  am l the first to de-enable myself in the enable thread :lol:

Edited by Thoughtful

3 hours ago, Thoughtful said:

So there you have it,  am l the first to de-enable myself in the enable thread :lol:

Good work 😉 We could need someone like you to help us out in the de-enabling thread! ☺️😘

4 hours ago, FLizarraga said:

Kat Black's decks.... FLAT?????? mad the simpsons GIF

Sorry,  for me they are.  Pretty pics but l find no energy in them to connect with.  Now l must fly as l am off topic 😊

3 hours ago, Thoughtful said:

Sorry,  for me they are.  Pretty pics but l find no energy in them to connect with.  Now l must fly as l am off topic 😊

the horror no GIF by Aardman Animations

spacer.pngOkay... For my next deck.... I am drawn to both Animal Totem Tarot by Leesa Robertson and the Witches Tarot by Ellen Dugan.  Can anyone share anything about either of these decks?  Is the quality of the paper good on both?  Anything else?  

The Animal story deck is on sale for just $13 because amazon has a five dollar discount going on now.  But ack!!! Just bought myself a new dress on Prime Day and I'm supposed to be watching my purchases....... 

Edited by Halcyon

On 7/13/2019 at 1:42 PM, Wyrdkiss said:

Holy cats the new Darkness of Light Tarot is simply gorgeous and so powerful.  I enjoy this one more than the darker-toned 2nd ED, and that's saying a lot.

GFT_DarknesstoLight_3rd Edition.jpg

Wow that is so pretty... Off to google 

I need some (enabling please hehe) advice of buying Nocturna Oracle deck.

1. Aren't the cards a bit thick??

2. Ordering from Etsy, I've never done that. Anyone here who has ordered from Etsy to Sweden??

Katie

On 7/6/2019 at 1:02 AM, FLizarraga said:

Well i just bought the Vitruvian SKT. I am NOT ready for it, but I dont'want them to sell out. I figure I will get to know it very slowly. 

58 minutes ago, Katie said:

I need some (enabling please hehe) advice of buying Nocturna Oracle deck.

1. Aren't the cards a bit thick??

2. Ordering from Etsy, I've never done that. Anyone here who has ordered from Etsy to Sweden??

Katie

I don’t know about the cardstock but I have ordered from Etsy many times and I’m located in Sweden 😊 I try to stick with uk/European sellers so I don’t have to pay custom fees (it’s a set fee, can’t remember exactly but around 130kr. That does not include tax but on Etsy the tax is already included in the price so it’s ‘just’ shipping costs and that customs fee when you buy from outside the EU.) If you buy from someone within the EU (United Kingdom still counts as within EU) then it’s only the shipment you’ll have to pay for. And if you pay with PayPal then you are protected by their guarantees so you can get your money back if you don’t receive the deck. A delivery from England takes around 5-7 days to arrive. 

If you don’t want to purchase from Etsy then I know that Beth from Little red tarot has it in stock too 

https://littleredtarot.com/product/nocturna-oracle/

I buy from her all the time. She has a set shipping cost which is good if you want to buy more decks. 

1 hour ago, Katie said:

Oh thanks for the reply, then I know Etsy is ok. I'll wait and think a little though..

Katie

That sounds like a good plan ❤️