Sacred Days of Midsummer 2019 ~ Discussion Thread

RavenOfSummer

RavenOfSummer

Here is a thread for additional discussion for those joining the Sacred Days of Midsummer reading! The reading/sign-up thread has been created here.

This is a general discussion thread to chat away about what deck you're thinking of using, ideas for keeping your card layout safe from kids or cats for 12 days, anything you've noticed from the Sacred Days of Yule reading, etc.

Please join us!

💛💛💛

RavenOfSummer

One thing I wanted to mention as we begin our discussions of this year's Sacred Days of Midsummer and start to prepare- our Southern Hemisphere friends are absolutely welcome to join us and we would love to have you. You can see in the spread, there is an alternative card interpretation for those who will be celebrating the Winter Solstice on June 21st. And of course, feel free to make any other changes that feel right to you- this group reading is very open with no hard and fast rules, so please make it what you need 🙂

RavenOfSummer

To kick our discussions off- it's always a lot of fun to think about what deck you'll use for a 12-day reading like this! It's fun to think about what deck holds a summer (or winter!) energy for you. Of course tarot OR oracle is welcome in this group reading- we have no hard and fast rules! In the past some people have even worked with two different decks and drawn two cards for each day.

For myself, I am torn between the Anieth Nature Tarot which has become a favorite of mine since I got it in the fall, and the Celtic Wisdom which I used last year and has a strong summer vibe to me. I will probably stick with tarot for this reading, although I can think of a couple of oracle decks I think would give great readings as well.

Anyone else have thoughts on decks they might use?

And, more generally, how is everyone's season going as we slowly progress from Beltane to Midsummer? For those who participated in last year's Sacred Days of Yule, are those energies still present for you? I actually want to look back at my Yule reading before we start this one.

Thanks for setting this up again, @RavenOfSummer!

My Yule energies definitely feel on the wane especially since Beltane. I’m not sure which deck to use yet - something to capture the lush green of the landscape here. Perhaps the Matthews’ Arthurian or the Sidhe...

RavenOfSummer
13 hours ago, Flaxen said:

Thanks for setting this up again, @RavenOfSummer!

My Yule energies definitely feel on the wane especially since Beltane. I’m not sure which deck to use yet - something to capture the lush green of the landscape here. Perhaps the Matthews’ Arthurian or the Sidhe...

You're very welcome, @Flaxen!

I've been having a very similar experience- I was working through the energies from Yule for a few months, then had a major shift at Beltane. It will be interesting to see what comes up in this reading. The Arthurian and the Sidhe both sound lovely!

I’ve been looking forward to this! I’ll be away at the beginning, so I might be late in posting, but I’ll pull my cards each day. Thanks so much, Raven!

Thanks for doing this again @RavenOfSummer :heart:

I really enjoyed it last Summer. Not sure what deck I will use yet, last year we were all about the  Zillich and I loved it for this and might use it again 🙂:thumbsup:☀️

RavenOfSummer
1 hour ago, Bookworm said:

I’ve been looking forward to this! I’ll be away at the beginning, so I might be late in posting, but I’ll pull my cards each day. Thanks so much, Raven!

So happy to know you'll be joining, @Bookworm :heart: And of course no worries about being away at the beginning. I'm actually going to be away the last few days of the reading so I'll have to work out how and when I can post my last few cards! When you get a chance go ahead and set up your reading post over in the reading thread and I'll link it in the list at the top :heart:

RavenOfSummer
25 minutes ago, DanielJUK said:

I really enjoyed it last Summer. Not sure what deck I will use yet, last year we were all about the  Zillich and I loved it for this and might use it again 🙂:thumbsup:☀️

You're very welcome @DanielJUK- one of my favorite times of year :heart: I remember the Zillich last year! I'm so curious to see what people will choose this year 🙂

30 minutes ago, DanielJUK said:

Oh yes! I used the Zillich too - it was a lovely deck for this time of year. 

Still trying to figure out which deck to use. Most of the decks I have are new to me, so guess I should use one that I can easy read with. The links to the previous threads do not work anymore, I am still searching ❤️

I think I'm going to use the Tarot of the Sidhe. I haven't taken it out in quite a while, and I miss it!

1 hour ago, Bookworm said:

I think I'm going to use the Tarot of the Sidhe. I haven't taken it out in quite a while, and I miss it!

That is a beautiful deck ❤️

BlueDragonfly
1 hour ago, Mi-Shell said:

Blue Dragonfly, Will you be doing 3 readings?

There are 3 posts on the thread site?!!??

Oh! Oops! No, the reply box didn't update, so I submitted a second time.

RavenOfSummer
1 minute ago, moonglow said:

I am really looking forward to trying this out, @RavenOfSummer! I still don't know if I'll be up to sharing my readings, but you never know. ☺️

I'm so glad, @moonglow! 🌞 And no worries, of course do whatever serves your practice, whether that means sharing or not 😊

RavenOfSummer

I can hardly believe we're less than 3 days away from this year's reading!!

I still am debating about my deck...

5 hours ago, Flaxen said:

I also can’t decide which deck to use this time - think it will be a last minute thing!

Same here. I was thinking of borrowing my husband's DruidCraft, but I ended up getting a few new decks yesterday. Now I'm leaning towards The Llewellyn Tarot, though it's hard to say no to the other decks... Decisions, decisions indeed.

Edited by moonglow

I'm thinking of doing this but don't know if I should join in online as I may not keep up (having difficulties with my six year old not sleeping due to the light evenings. Black out curtains don't help as he still knows it's light out.) Thinking of using the Anieth Nature Tarot though!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.