Raggydoll

Stephanelli's 30 Days of Working With The Moon

3 minutes ago, Raggydoll said:

How exciting! Enjoy 😊

Thank you! I'm so looking forward to getting started with the New Moon!  Not sure what deck I'll use yet, I'm being drawn towards my Herbal Tarot lately so possibly that, will see how what calls on the New Moon tomorrow!

DAY 1 – NEW MOON

Deck: Triple Goddess Tarot (Despite yesterday leaning towards the Herbal Tarot, today the Triple Goddess came forward with such energy I simply had to work with her, and I suspect I will for most of this month with her beautiful feminine energy!)

Theme: Planning & Planting (Intention setting)

1. The preparations required for me to make room for the new (= the thing I want to manifest)

Ten of Pentacles

An older looking lady sits in a huge, throne-like chair below a stained glass window.  She is wrapping a present with a joyful face.  In front of her sit three other beautifully wrapped presents.  She is happy about doing the little tasks.  This is how I must be.  I must accept that sometimes I will have to do repetitive things (like wrapping lots of presents, shuffling the cards each day) and I must learn to enjoy the process as well as the finished result.  I was brought with the instant gratification mindset and sometimes, I do get impatient.  I'm embarking on these 30 days of lunar readings for my own personal growth (this is the new that I wish to manifest) and in order for that to happen I must learn to enjoy the process.  The gifts that I discover and wrap up in this month will likely be ones that I can either give away or use to give someone a present of some sort going forward.  The gifts also remind me that I must not be afraid to give things away during this process.  I can still give my time for reading for others, I can still do all the things I usually do, it is just another little bit of time to fit in.  I must remember that this shouldn't be the sole focus of my attention for a month, otherwise I will become drained and fed up.  The process is for my own growth, learning to go through a regular process is one I must accept and hopefully learn to enjoy.

2. What I must do or prioritise for this seed to take root

Page of Cups

Oh, how I've longed for this card to come up in a reading!  A girl, dressed in black, stands barefoot on a sandy beach.  The sea is gentle, the sky is blue with large patches of clouds.  She stares down at the chalice within which an octopus has come to rest, perhaps washed there by the morning tide.  She looks with open curiosity.  This card reminds me to be open and curious towards all that happens over this month.  I must be open to this journey and look upon each new reading with curiosity, trying to understand the whys and the hows.  I'm sure some things will come up that are hard, or difficult to work with, but I must again be open to that and approach with curiosity rather than fear.

Pages are often thought of as the children of the court cards and this reminds me of the phrase that was repeated to me often in my first steps into mindfulness, meditation and yoga: "approach each new sensation and feeling and experience with a child-like mind, don't just put up the defensive blockades, really explore it, get to know it" (don't be afraid of touching the octopus which is totally something I wouldn't do now but definitely would of as a child!)

3. What I may need to forsake or put on the back burner to get the results I want

Elder of Cups

The Elder sits in a dark throne on the sand, gazing out across a turbulent looking sea.  Black rocks are behind and I get the impression that this might be what is causing the turbulence in the sea here.  She is wearing a dark blue dress and seems to be relaxed and calm.  She is totally in control of herself and her emotions.  She is a person who has the experience of her years and comes here to meditate a while.  She is someone who people turn to for help and advice.  I think this card is asking me to lessen my control on myself and my emotions so that I can allow myself to fully engage with this process.  She also reminds me that this isn't going to be a time to sit and relax while I go through the journey.  Some things I will likely have to work on.  I will have to approach some parts of me that I'd probably rather didn't exist, but I must accept that they do and for this time, I must allow my emotions to flow freely like the sea.  If things seem dark, I must remember that there is always a light at the end of the tunnel and I know in which direction to look for it.  This reading asks me to be less like the Elder and much more like the Page.

Final Thoughts

Well, this is a powerful start to this month and this journey through the lunar month.  It seems that I must prepare myself for doing the same task each day (I'm terrible at sticking to regular things, I'm an Aquarius, what can I say!?  But I will do my best here!) and be prepared to focus on the process rather than the final destination.  I must be open with myself and release the sense of control and allow myself to be curious about what comes up.  This reading will be one to re-read and remind myself of my focus throughout this journey.

DAY 2 – WAXING CRESCENT

Deck: Triple Goddess Tarot

Theme: Goals & Choices

1. The situation and the path that I am heading on

VII The Chariot

The charioteer is racing along a river towards a castle, highlighted by the setting sun.  There is speed and forward motion along this path, but the potentially the river is pushing against the rider, slowing (but not stopping) the forward momentum.  It seems that I am the rider here, the river is my path and the castle my destination.  This describes my path well, but what is the destination?  Perhaps it is not for me to know at this time.  However, this is a nice card here, it shows me that I am moving along my path and if the river represents my path, it is smooth with only a few bumps in the way.  I should take care less the push of current becomes too strong, then perhaps I might need to think about a change of path.

2. Something I might want to consider (another approach or another option/path entirely)

IV The Hierophant

Okay, another major here.  The Hierophant looks scary in this deck.  Dressed in shining armor, pointing a scetre as if proclaiming judgement, or perhaps war.  His companion is a snarling black beast, wolf-like in appearance with bright, red eyes (and lots of teeth!).  I get the distinct feel that I mustn't let someone else dictate my path, only I can choose it.  If the path I am currently on is one that has been set for me, perhaps I might need to take a step back and find a new route, however, if its one I've chosen myself, I must work to ensure I go where I want, not where anyone else tells me to.  I currently feel like I am choosing my own path, however, I can find it easy to swayed by the opinions of others.  This reminds me to stand strong, trust in my instincts and follow my own path.

3. Advice when moving forward

XII The Hanged Man

(Well, it looks more like a woman, but we'll go with the traditional title for now 😛 )

The woman hangs from the Tree of Life, suspended by her ankle and the corner of her tunic (that presumably allows her to remain modest in this upside down situation!)  She could almost be sleeping.  The world around the tree is lush, vibrant and beautiful.  She reminds me to take some time out to enjoy the journey.  When I am able to see my destination I may have a tendency to rush forward and race towards the finish.  Here, I am asked to remember to take some time out to enjoy the journey and enjoy the process (how much this harkens back to yesterdays reading).

How different the colours are in this card to the other two.  The others are full of hues of orange, brown and grey whereas here it is hues of green, blue and brown.  The link is the brown of the tree.  It links to the path of life and the journey I am on, while surroundings ask me to remember to enjoy the scenery!

Final Thoughts

My main thought is that this reading is entirely majors so this is clearly something that is important at this time of my life.  I am embarking on this process to aid my personal growth - mentally, physically and hopefully spiritually.  I feel like the Chariot and the Hierophant represent two different paths I could be taking at this time - being free and making my own choices like the Charioteer or being controlled and told what to do in the Hierophant.  But the Hanged Man reminds me that I can make that decision for myself and that whatever journey I choose to take, I must remember to enjoy the ride, not just rush to destination.  And anyway, what is a destination if not another stop-off point on this journey of life anyway?  There will always be another destination.

DAY 3 – WAXING CRESCENT

Themes: Motives & Motivation

1. A key to motivate myself (and to keep me motivated)

Four of Cups

This looks a lovely restful card.  A young looking woman is sitting at a table.  Staring out of the window, I can't decide if she's daydreaming, watching something or waiting for something.  It seems significant that one cup sits on the table while the other three rest on the floor as if lovingly placed there.  The cups seem to signify simplicity.  Almost like she's removing too many distractions from her mind while still having something there to focus on.  The immediate sense I've been getting is that simplicity is the key to staying motivated.  Make it easy, make it simple.  Don't make it too complicated.  The less complicated it is, the more likely I am to do it.  (Huh, that sounds like how I live my life sometimes).  This card links back to yesterdays Hanged Man - a time to step back and meditate on what has happened already to remember to enjoy the time and the process.

(As an aside, I feel like this woman - except I'm watching for the postman rather than meditating or daydreaming!)

2. The attitude I will benefit from

XI Justice

Oh my.  Where do I start with this powerful card?  Justice appears under a glowing full moon, blindfolded yet sure of her path.  Two towers rise up behind her - one light, one dark the balancing of the light and dark aspects of our personalities.  In her hands she holds the scales of justice and the sword ready to cut the truth from the lies.  She has a simple message for me here - to remember to strive for balance in my life.  The blindfold suggests to me that intuitively I will know if I'm out of balance and where - like the blindfold of the High Priestess.  She also asks me to be honest with myself.

3. Where I could do with some tweaking (areas for improvement)

Queen of Pentacles

The Queen of Pentacles stands on a mountain top - a beautiful native american looking woman.  The hare sits at her feet, like a companion, showing her link to the world around her.  She writes in a book, perhaps her journal.  She is generous and kind soul who is able to nurture and protect others.  The mountains of this card call to me, they ask me to improve on the boundaries I've set for myself and to be kinder and more generous on myself.  I'm known to sometimes push my boundaries, this Queen asks me to acknowledge them and to stand strong when I've reached them.  Not just be a person who says yes to everything and then wonders how to fit it all in.  My intuition is struggling with this card but I get a hint that one of my areas of improvement is to spend more time outside, with the wind and the rain, the sun and the moon, the hare and the fox.  This Queen asks me to be more like her - looking after myself before trying to take care of those around me and then being kind and generous to those around me.

Final Thoughts

Another strong message from this reading today.  I love how each reading seems to build on the reading from the day before.  Justice really calls out to me from this spread asking me to use her strong, balanced attitude and ability to find the truth amongst the lies.

DAY 4 – WAXING CRESCENT

Theme: Competition & Comparison

1. Areas where I tend to compare myself to others and to put myself down

VII The Chariot

I drew this card a few days ago to represent the situation and path that I am heading on and this links into today's reading straight away.  I do tend to compare my own path with that of those around me.  I compare the distance I've travelled down my own path with those that other people have travelled along theirs and I'm often disheartened by my own progress, or lack thereof.  However, I sometimes fail to remember that despite what they look like on the surface, our paths differ greatly from each other.  Some people seem so much developed in their skills or their life than me, and I feel disheartened, but then I remember that they maybe didn't have the obstacles and setbacks that I may have had or simply, they might just have been travelling the path for longer.  I know this isn't the standard meaning for the chariot, but in my heart, I know it is the one that is most appropriate for this reading today.

2. Something that I may perceive as a weakness or a flaw that in truth can be one of my greatest assets or blessings

Knight of Cups

The Knight of Cups rides through the town, holding his cup up like he might his sword.  He is an emotional, romantic soul although perhaps a little prone to mood swings!  I realise I'm saying 'he' here, but actually I have no idea of the gender of this knight, although I love his horse.  The horse reminds me of a steady, reliable and well-tempered pony I used to ride when I was younger and had riding lessons.  This card represents my connection to my emotions and my ability to pick up on the emotions of those around me.  This feels so pertinent to come up today when I'm feeling vulnerable because of some of the energies I've been surrounded by over the last day or so.  And in all honesty, I do view my emotions and ability to empathise as a weakness, but equally, it helps me to understand a situation and try to find the right way to soothe and calm an injured soul.  I must remember to be kind to myself as well as those around me.

3. How I inspire and motivate others (perhaps unknowingly)

Two of Pentacles

Oh, how I love this two of pentacles.  She is a juggler, a jester, an entertainer.  She dances with the pleasure of life itself and tries to help others to feel that joy with her.  Other people might see the hardship she goes through but are inspired by her resilience and positive upbeat nature.  Only when you get close to the campfire at night can you really see the strength of her soul.  I've never noticed this before, but in this version of the card she appears to be faced with a choice of which way to go next.  The pentacle in each hand seem to show her weighing up her options deciding which route to take, perhaps which burden to bear.  This is another moment when her character can be inspirational - she can help others to make the difficult choices, weighing up the pros and cons and the various options.

As I re-read that paragraph, I'm struck by the chord that is ringing true within me.  Am I really like that?  Deep down, I realise I must be and I find it hard to acknowledge the good inside.  So often I focus on the negative, have been brought up not to brag about the good traits lest it comes out as proud and bragging that sometimes I forget to acknowledge my own skills.  Even now, though I know it to be true, I'm struggling with it.

When I read for myself, I make every effort to be an impartial reader, almost pretending that I'm reading for someone else as that allows the intuition to flow within me.

Final Thoughts

This has been a difficult reading for me as it allows me to be open about my positive traits which (like a number of people) I sometimes struggle to acknowledge and accept.  Our culture feels almost like it discourages you from feeling good about the things you can do good at, lest you come across as bragging and proud.  This reading has opened up my mind to some things that I struggle to acknowledge.  This reading inspires confidence in myself and I must learn to use my strengths to help those around me.

DAY 5 – WAXING CRESCENT

Theme: Commitments & Responsibilities

1. My experiences regarding commitments and expectations of others

Queen of Cups

We've seen this card already, right back on the very first day, but today its meaning is different to that which it was then.  The Queen is laid back, relaxed in her chair.  This is the primary thing I'm drawn to and I can relate this beautifully to the spread position its in.  IT tells me that I have relaxed view towards the expectations that others might have of me.  In situations where others are likely to expect something of me, I know and accept my own skills and abilities and I will do the job required to the best of my abilities and skills.  I'm not that concerned about their expectations because I know, within myself, that I've done my best work and that doing my best is the most important thing.  This card also shows that I have a laid back approach to commitments to - its not that I'm not committed, but I know how to prioritise and attempt to balance such that if something more important comes up.  I also like my commitments to have an element of flexibility around them, so that if I need to urgently do something else then I am able to.  This Queen is of the Cups suite and also tells me that I have an emotional connection to my commitments - if I'm not emotionally involved, if I know it won't help me to grow then usually I choose not to do it.  This emotional commitment is also present with regards to the expectations of others - I may find that I worry and fret about falling short of expectations and will be emotionally cheered and saddened depending on whether I did or didn't meet the expectations - regardless of the fact that I knew I did my best there is still that emotional connection at the initial completion.

2. Potential blocks and challenges I have around traditions and responsibilities (internal or external)

Page of Wands

Here we see a woman dressed in a long white dress doing some painting.  It appears to be dark, but her easel is lit by the light of a glowing wand.  I get the distinct sense that this card is telling me that I sometimes feel creatively 'boxed-in' by the traditions and responsibilities I undertake.  Some of my responsibilities don't allow for my creativity to flow freely and some traditions make me feel like I'm not allowed to be creative in how I do things.  I also feel this Page wanting to tell me that perhaps some of my creative blocks come from the fact that there are many traditional ways of doing things and I don't always think of doing it any other way.  I perhaps need to release my need for tradition to let my creativity free!

3. Advice on finding the approach that would work best for me

Elder of Wands

This Elder sits on her throne, writing in what appears to be a journal.  The colours are fiery - full of oranges and yellows - and her throne has decorations of flames and fire and is topped with the symbol of the Triple Goddess.  She is here to remind me that I must be true to myself - the first card reminded me that I knew my limits and abilities and this Queen reminds me to be true to and to honour those abilities.  She encourages me to think creatively and to perhaps let go of the traditional ways of doing things.  Doing this might help me to grow and expand.

Final Thoughts

All court cards here today and two wands as well.  This card feels very much linked to creativity and to my work responsibilities (namely my music and my dress making).  The main message I'm getting from this reading is to always be true to myself and to think outside the box and to not always follow the traditional ways of doing things.

This feels like a curious reading and perhaps I will come to understand it more in time.

I know I'm likely to have a busy weekend so I've decided that I am going to do Saturday's reading today and although I will attempt to do Sunday's reading on Sunday, I may have to do it on Monday!

DAY 6 – WAXING CRESCENT

Theme: Exploration & Adventure

1. Something that I secretly yearn to experience or explore

VIII - Strength

Starting off with probably one of my most favourite cards of this deck.  The Strength card depicts a wolf lying in a shallow stream.  A lady, Strength, kneels beside him with her hand out as if to stroke or touch him.  The stream is flowing from under a bridge and appears to me in the forest.  A soft golden light falls on the pair and there appears to be feathers, like angels wings.  The wolf appears hurt and injured and the light and angels make the lady appear like an angel she appears to calm, soothe and heal the dangerous predator.  This card depicts my innermost desire to be able to heal, calm and soothe.  So often I have experiences in my volunteering with children where I want to be able to comfort and to soothe them.  I feel their pain, their emotions and their hurts and I want to make it better.  This card also highlights another yearning - I want to experience a greater connection with the angels that are around us.  I wish to experience their healing touch and have them soothe me in my darkest hours.

This is something that I'm finding incredibly hard to think about posting on this forum, but I am going to, because I know it will only help me to grow.

2. Who or what has held me back in the past

Six of Swords

A robed figure and a child are travelling in a boat, no-one seems to be rowing yet they still feel like they are moving.  Their boat is coming out of the darkness of a cave and into the light of day.  This shows me what often holds me back - a fear of the unknown.  Although I yearn for new experiences and adventures, I still find it hard to take that first brave step outside of my comfort zone.  Out of the known world into the unknown world.  This is still a problem for me today.  I love new things, but I love them to come in little bite-sized chunks.  The unknown scares me and holds me back, although I feel like recently I have begun to have less fear when it comes to the unknown.

3. What can help me to take the plunge; to chase after my dreams or fulfill my potential. 

Eight of Cups

An eldery looking figure dressed warmly is walking away from a building of some kind.  They walk on a step of stepping stones across a valley heading into the mountains.  It is night, the full moon shines down kindly on the scene.  This card is daring me to do something wild and adventurous.  It tells me that I must take that first step into the unknown that the Six of Swords so well describes!  However, it doesn't say to do this rashly, the walker is prepared for the journey and so too should I be.  I must first prepare something new and exciting before taking off on that new adventure!

Final Thoughts

I'll be totally honest, this reading panned out almost exactly as I thought it would - the second and third cards in particular.  However the first card Strength, phew, that blew me away.  The cards took it real deep, into my inner most feelings and desires.  I can't quite believe it really.  The strength card is one of my absolute favourites and I think this is the first time its come up in a reading for myself.  But phew, deep reading for tomorrow!

I missed my reading yesterday as expected so doing it today 🙂

DAY 7 – WAXING CRESCENT

Theme: Building & Expanding

1. The foundation that is now solid enough for me to start building upon (something that is worth building on)

Nine of Cups

A lady admires her display case of beautiful cups, they seem to have been well-earned and she seems proud of them.  She dusts them off one by one, putting them lovingly back where they belong.  Her foundation is the skills and the abilities that allowed her to earn these cups and that this is relating to my own abilities relating to my work.  The skills that I have in relation to my work (both musical and creative) have turned into a solid foundation now - I know what I'm doing.  Now is the time to push myself and work on achieving more and progressing to the next level.  In music, this asks me to spend more time and gradually build up stamina and fine-polish things and remember to learn new, harder pieces.  In sewing, this asks me to try out new techniques and learn more!

2. A glimpse of what could possibly be achieved

XIX The Sun

Gosh, if this is just a glimpse then what's the full picture like!?  The Sun shines bright and full on an eldery, but young-at-heart looking, lady.  She twirls around in a field of flowers in pure joy and bliss.  This shows me simply that if I work and persevere, then the reward is my own happiness and joy.  This is a wonderful card to draw at a time when I feel like I need the inspiration to move on!

3. A good strategy to accomplish this

Seven of Pentacles

A lady reaches up into the branches of a tree to pick the ripe fruits that are hanging there.  This card shows me that my strategy should include having some time to reap the rewards of what I achieve.  I'm filled with a sense of "slow and steady" and "get there gradually" and "its not a race".  This is a common theme for me as I often try to rush things and get them done as fast as possible.  I have to remember to enjoy the time spent sewing and practising my music so I can progress slowly but surely upwards!

Final Thoughts

This is the first reading of the month that has felt like it had a very definite theme to it (in this case, work related) which is curious.  However, work is on my mind a lot at the moment and I feel like I have a lot things on the go, but most of those will probably only take a little time to do so I know I shouldn't get too stressed by it all!

Running a day behind still.  Hopefully I'll have time to do both readings for yesterday and today...

DAY 8 – FIRST QUARTER, WAXING MOON

Theme: Money & Prosperity

1. The attitudes and choices that will aid me in attracting prosperity

XI Justice

Once again the Justice card.  In this spread this card speaks to me plainly of balance.  Being true and honest to myself and to others and also being able to use the sword to cut through the lies to the truth beneath.  This card speaks to me of honesty and balance.  Always balance - like budgeting and making sure I'm not overspending.

2. A potential source of wealth that has been previously overlooked

Three of Cups

Curious.  Here we see a group of 3 ladies dancing around in merriment.  They are happy and celebrating.  This indicates to me a sense of community and joy in sharing each others love and I perhaps wonder if its pointing me in a couple of different directions.  Firstly, making use of my local community and its local fetes and celebrations in order to promote my handmade items and perhaps even my music.  Secondly, promoting my music more in the area of celebrations and festivals.  Suggesting to people that they might want a band and ceilidh for their celebration rather than just letting it come.  I might have to explore this card further to truly find out what it is about here!

3. What I will need to tackle in my journey toward abundance

Six of Swords

We've seen this card before as well.  I get the distinct sense of loneliness on my journey and I sense that I will need to battle the feeling that I am on my own in this, even though in reality there may be lots of people around to help me.  I sense that this will be journey of my own making and that I will tread my own path, possibly without really knowing where the end is or where the path leads.  The journey is unknown and I may have to travel alone, that is what I may need to tackle.

Final Thoughts

This has been an unsurprising reading today, but has been useful, particularly the second card.  It is curious that two of the cards have come up previously and I must start that spreadsheet to track what has come up a lot and also, what hasn't!  I don't feel like I've drawn many pentacles or wands yet.

DAY 9 – WAXING GIBBOUS

Theme: Confidence & Authenticity

1. A truth that can set me free

XVI The Tower

Here we see an old lady fallen on the floor.  She seems to be in a forest and its raining.  A small black cat is approaching here.  The air is full of despair.  The Tower brings about sudden change and will not be comfortable to work through.  I can immediately sense what this card wants me to know.  It wants me to learn to accept change and to understand that sometimes we have to work through the uncomfortable things in order to move on and be true to ourselves.  I like to think that I'm okay with change, but actually, I sometimes struggle with it.  I love new things and experiences, but I hate change and being too far out of my comfort zone.  My truth will be learning to accept this.

I sense that this card is also telling me that there will be times in life when the world turns upside down and tips us onto the floor.  People will rush to help us (the black cat in the card) but they may be unable to do anything to help (the black cat is too small to pick her up) and they can only be by our side while we pick ourselves and pieces up.  We have to be willing to change and move with the times before others are able to help us.

The Tower often comes to me in warning of sudden changes ahead and I'm wondering if that might be the case here as often it defies the position it is in the spread and tells me what is coming.  I'm hoping not...(but that kinda defeats the point of this card appearing here!)

2. A key to my authentic self

Ace of Cups

The of cups stands bright and shining in the centre of a lake on a small stone.  The lilies are blooming around it and it is being filled by a stunning waterfall that fills it and spills over the sides.  The Ace reminds me of my connection to my emotions.  It reminds me to feel everything I feel and learn to sit with the feelings that I feel.  This is particularly useful at the moment after how I've felt the last couple of days.  If I don't feel the emotions that are within me and allow myself to sit with them and understand them then I'm not being true to my truest, most authentic self.

3. How I can build true confidence

Two of Pentacles

Another card we've seen before!  My first thought on turning this over was that I must learn to juggle.  However, all joking aside, that is related to the message I'm sensing which is all about practise and learning to flow with the motions of life.  In order to build true confidence, I must follow my own path and be sure to take time to enjoy the journey and the stops I make along the way.  I must practise my skills regularly and carefully so I can build up the confidence in myself.  In terms of my emotions and feelings which this reading relates to, I must learn to sit with them and flow with them (much like the ships on the sea in the more traditional versions of this card!).

Final Thoughts

This has been an interesting reading and not at all what I expected to come up today.  (However, I'm glad I've caught up properly now!)  Although the Tower has given me an important message, I can't help feeling as if its trying to foretell something, but I think only time will tell.  We shall see.  The colours within this spread intrigue me.  The first card is very blue and cold, the second card beings in a sense of warmth with yellows while the third card retains a cloudy day feel but feels warmer with the yellowy greens.  Also, there is a lot of water involved in these cards (the rain in the Tower, the waterfall in the Ace of Cups and the grey rain clouds in the Two of Pentacles) and so I sense that this reading is most important for my emotional centre, which it definitely seems to be!

DAY 10 – WAXING GIBBOUS

Theme: Gratitude & Strength

1. A blessing from my past (how my past experiences can be turned into a blessing or a strength)

Student (Page) of Pentacles (I just remembered Pages are technically Students in this deck but never mind...)

The Page of Pentacles straight away appears to me to be in lab.  She is analytical but curious about the world around her.  She has pages of notes that she could look through and read but instead she is studying the glass within her hand.  I find myself wondering what it contains.  The Page speaks straight to my past.  I can see myself as this lady.  She reminds me of my education both through school and at university and reminds me of all the knowledge that I gained while I was studying even though most of it is of very little relevance to me at the moment.  She reminds that I can draw on the skills, methodology and systems I learnt as a strength because although I'm not studying them anymore, they've never really left me.  I feel it is important to remember that we are always learning, even if you're classed as an expert in your field there is ALWAYS more to learn about the world around us and how to use our resources for the highest good.  It feels good to be reminded of this today.

2. What gratitude can teach me about my current situation

Two of Swords

The Two of Swords sits on a stone seat on a sandy beach.  Blindfolded.  The waves lap the shore while further out they crash on the treacherous rocks.  She must learn to be at peace with herself and to trust her intuition.  When she cannot see, she must rely on her other senses to determine what decision she must make and what is real and what is a lie.  She is here to remind me to be grateful and to make use of my intuition and other senses.  This position is also about gratitude - in particular that if I am grateful about where I in life currently, I will learn about the need for quiet and stillness when trying to make a decision.  Notice how she isn't panicking?  That is also something I will learn.  I must be grateful for where I am right now so that I may learn these skills.

3. Where I need to be selective going forward

Five of Wands

This card shows five people who today appear to be arguing amongst themselves.  As I flipped this card, the first thing that came to mind was "pick your fights with care."  I think this card asks me not necessarily to be argumentative with people, but to pick the path with the challenges and obstacles that I am willing to face.  There will be times when people will be unhappy, possibly with me and something I've done, and there are times to argue the case to be proved that I was in the right and there are other times when it would be wise to just not argue and just get on with things, no matter whether I believe I was right or not.  As my mind prompted, I'll pick my fights with care.

Final Thoughts

It feels good to be on top of my readings again!  This has felt an interesting reading for me and the first card in particular I felt was a lovely reminder to myself of one of my core strengths that I shouldn't forget.  These lunar readings feel like a journey and I'm intrigued to see what is coming up next!

DAY 11 – WAXING GIBBOUS

Theme: Beauty & Pleasure

1. The beauty that can be found in the present moment

Six of Cups

Here we see the wonderful moment of a present being given and received.  A young boy appears to be giving a plant to a lady in the street.  There is a sense of respect and pleasure on both sides of the exchange.  This card is here to remind of the gifts I have received (today I got a present for cat sitting and I'm about to sort through some stamps that my mum gifted to me) and those I have given - my time and abilities to repair and alter the clothes that I've been working in the shop today!  Giving and receiving presents in mutual exchange is one of my favourite things, I love the pleasure that people have upon receiving a gift ❤️

2. How I can create or attract more beauty and pleasure in my life

IX The Hermit

This strikes me as a curious card for this position however I can see a lot meaning in it.  The Hermit is dressed in a long black cloak and holds a lantern to light the way forward through the cave.  Fireflies seem to flock towards the light and follow it.  To attract more beauty and pleasure in my life I must hold the shining light, willing to lead people forward when they need it, to guide them through their unknowing and into the light beyond.  I can lead and guide and this gives me pleasure.

3. The key to expressing my inner beauty

Two of Wands

The Two of Wands stands tall looking out away from the house holding two large wands.  The wind blows her hair back and gives her a sense of freedom and like she is proud and confident of who she is and where she's going.  To express my inner beauty, I must first be proud to show who I truly am and enjoy the freedom of being myself!

Final Thoughts

The cards feel like they've been very direct and to the point today and I know the Two of Wands interpretation is something I've often struggled with.  I tend to have low self-confidence and am sometimes shy when in the limelight (possibly surprising as I'm a musician, but I've learnt to control the nerves and shyness most of the time!)

DAY 12 – WAXING GIBBOUS

Theme: Learning & Inner growth

1. How can I give myself the mental stimulation that I crave

VIII Strength

This is a card we've again seen before and I love the touching story that this card tells.  This card is here to tell me that I can get the mental stimulation I crave by stretching my hand out towards others, by helping them through their trials, by doing things for other people.  Sometimes, this will likely involve doing things for people I don't get on with, it might be doing something I dislike and it might require me to use the power of Strength to get through it sometimes.  Sometimes caring for and helping other people can feel like a burden, but it seems it may well be a burden I can bear.  I can't help thinking this relates to the sewing I'm now doing for other people - I'm altering and repairing and sometimes creating things for people to give it a new lease of life and that certainly stimulates me mentally!

2. How the process of studying and learning will affect me on a deeper level

Queen of Pentacles

This Queen is a worldly being.  She is fully connected to the world around her and knows how best to deal with situations in the world (particularly those involving money, finances and stability).  Studying and learning will help me in all these aspects - my skills will improve and I sense that it will be good for my finances (woo!) and also I will just feel better connected to people and what's around me!

3. An unlikely teacher that hold great potential for me (whether its a person, a thing or a situation)

Student (Page) of Pentacles

I feel like this card is related to a person.  I don't why, its just the feeling I get.  This person is likely to be inquisitive, might still be studying themselves and looking at the card are likely to be related to scientific or engineering professions.  Unfortunately that doesn't really narrow it down as that applies to so many people in my life right now.  There is one person I think of more than others, but I shall see.  This is one to watch out for I think!  Time to look for someone who embodies the Page of Pentacles in this deck!

As I'm a little bit behind, these will likely only be shortish readings while I catch up... 🙂  All using the Triple Goddess Tarot

DAY 13 – WAXING GIBBOUS

Theme: Friendships & Community

1. Something that is crucial and non-negotiable for me when it comes to personal relationships

Seven of Pentacles

This card straight away tells me that in a relationship I need to be able to take as much from it as I give to it.  For me, relationships must be fruitful and meaningful in some way - be it sharing experiences together, creating together, enjoyable company and so on.  I remember that the book that came with this deck also includes the keyphrases "delibration of choices" and "waiting for the right time and place" and both these fit with what I need from a relationship.  I choose my friends with care and trust that in the right time and place all things will work out for the best.

2. What to do more of (the type of relationships and socializing I will thrive from)

Seven of Cups

The seven of cups is full of choices and I'm finding hard to interpret here.  Perhaps I need friendships that are open and have plenty of options available within them.  I notice how the lady is staring into the shop window in the card, full of want and desire, and I guess this is a keypoint - to choose friendships that I want and not that are forced upon me by circumstance.  I think I need to go away and spend some time with this card.

3. What to be careful of, or do less of (negative patterns, toxic friendships and so on)

III The Empress

The Empress seems to be reminding me to be wary of friendships with people who are pregnant and who have newborns.  This sounds really unfriendly and horrible, but given how things are for me currently she reminds me that I get caught in negative thoughts patterns when I'm around these people and that sends me into an unhelpful, depressive state.  So however bad it sounds, I know it for my own self-care.

Final Thoughts

This whole reading has felt slightly strange and interesting, but also meaningful at the same time.  Its not really brought up stuff I didn't know, just stuff that I didn't realise I already knew which can be equally helpful I find!

DAY 14 – WAXING GIBBOUS

Theme: Sacred balance

1. An area where I tend to experience excess or overwhelm

Queen of Cups

The Queen of Cups sits at a table, a large cup to her side, a crystal ball in front of her.  She appears to be in the process of doing a reading.  This Queen is an intuitive soul, full of empathy, relying on her intuition and able to spend time reflecting and divining.  It seems strange she should turn up here as I consider her as a balanced soul - her emotions are balanced and she is full of natural empathy.  But as I think about it, I realise that I experience empathy in particular on a higher level than most people.  I can feel their emotions and understand them.  This suggests to me that perhaps I am very much like the Queen of Cups.  Her emotions may be balanced but perhaps her other qualities aren't - empathy, lots of time in divination and looking to the future instead of the current moment.

2. An area where I tend to experience lack or worry

Student of Pentacles

This Student has a plain and simple message for me today.  I don't need to write a long paragraph here.  She is here to remind me that sometimes I worry too much about the tiny details that ultimately don't really matter.  Although sometimes this can be really helpful, sometimes it isn't.  I can't see the wood for the trees and I get myself worked up about that tiny detail which in the grand scheme doesn't matter!

3. How I can restore my sacred balance

Ace of Cups

This card came up before as the key to my most authentic self.  This is what I wrote before:

The of cups stands bright and shining in the centre of a lake on a small stone.  The lilies are blooming around it and it is being filled by a stunning waterfall that fills it and spills over the sides.  The Ace reminds me of my connection to my emotions.  It reminds me to feel everything I feel and learn to sit with the feelings that I feel.  This is particularly useful at the moment after how I've felt the last couple of days.  If I don't feel the emotions that are within me and allow myself to sit with them and understand them then I'm not being true to my truest, most authentic self.

The emotional connect is still important here.  But in relation to this reading, it asks me to explore my emotions and to understand that which makes me tick, and not other people.  I must ensure I remain in true connection with myself.

DAY 15 – WAXING GIBBOUS

Theme: Self love & Personal boundaries

1. My experiences and beliefs around self love and self worth

Seven of Cups

For the second time today...

This card instantly shows me that my experiences and beliefs around self-love and self-worth are that it revolves around choices.  Choices that you make about what you eat, what you wear, and even, what you choose to think about yourself.  You can choose to be nice to yourself and love yourself and think yourself worthy, even if you don't always believe it.  I agree with everything this card is showing me here, you might not be able to choose your beliefs, but you can choose how you treat yourself with self-love and self-worth.

2. Where I would benefit from clarifying or strengthening my personal boundaries

Three of Wands

I don't think this card has come up at all yet!  The Three of Wands depicts a lady holding a staff in one hand, back on her back and she is walking confidently pass a house at what appears to be sunset, although it could be sunrise.  She is an explorer, an adventurer a traveller.  She full of fantastic daydreams and exciting new ideas.  I sense this card asking me to clarify my personal boundaries when it comes to travelling and exploring.  It is something I always wish to do more of and perhaps it is asking me to set a minimum boundary (like I must do so much travelling a year or such like).

3. Something loving that I can do to honor and nourish myself on a deep level

XII The Hanged Man

Hello again Hanged Man, we're beginning to feel like friends...

This card really speaks to me today!  It asks me to take some time just relax and to just be.  I've been so busy recently and it looks set to continue like this but I just know it is telling me that despite this, I need to find some time to relax and take stock of things, perhaps also get a different perspective on things too.

-----

Whoop! All caught up again 😄

DAY 16 – FULL MOON

Theme: Magic, Potential & Power

1. What special type of magic am I called to perform or experience right now

Three of Cups

The celebration is on and the three ladies dance around happily enjoying their time together.  I am called to perform and experience the magic that comes from being part of a community.  The magic of working together with others to manifest something beautiful and wonderful together.  Community is such an important thing to me right now, from the Little Lunar Circle here on the forum, to my community work with the Guides and Brownies, to the shop where I do my work.  It is all part of the magic.  A lot of these communities aren't there to create magic in the sense of witchcraft type magic, but working together creates its own kind of magic whether intention or not - but it is always worked for the better of the community.  This card asks me to be active in my communities and to perform my special magicks alongside others.

2. How can I amplify my abilities to receive and manifest

Queen of Cups

I must become more like the Queen of Cups.  I must relax and be open to the things around me.  I must remain balanced in my moods and tempers and allow myself to feel all that is around me.  I need to follow my intuition and allow myself the pleasure of finding out what is in the cup.  All this will aid me in my powers to receive and manifest using the powerful and good energies around me.

3. One of my most magical gifts or powers

XII The Hanged Man

This card seems strange, but it would appear that one of my most magical gifts is an ability to accept what is happening and to relax into it.  Perhaps even to meditate upon it.  I am able to appreciate all things in life with a calm detachment and allow myself to surrender to the situation despite the sometimes precarious positions it might put me in.  This seems slightly strange to me here as I don't feel like this describes me, however, I sense that it could if I took the time to work on it.  This sentiment seems to have come up a lot throughout this moon cycle and I must try harder to incorporate it into my life.

DAY 17 – WANING GIBBOUS

Theme: Sensuality & Physical pleasures

1. How I can have a more loving communication with my body

Eight of Pentacles

The Eight sits quietly by a window, working diligently and carefully on her work - it looks like embroidery to me.  She sits here because the sun shines in brightly, making it easily for her to see her work.  I feel this card asking me to pay attention to the needs of my body and to be diligent and careful about following its needs and acting upon them in a healthy and sensible manner.

2. A key to fully experiencing and understanding my sacred sensuality 

Two of Wands

The Two of Wands stands strong and confident, looking ready to start a journey but waiting for the just the right moment to start.  This is part of the key - I must trust the strength that my body has and be confident that it knows what it is doing.  I must wait until it is ready too - this harks back to my physio session - wait until its ready, don't try and ask it it to do too much too soon.

3. Ways in which I can generate even more physical pleasure in my life

Nine of Wands

The Nine tends her garden with love and care and in return, it blooms, flowers and grows.  This is key here - I must tend to the needs of my body like a gardener does to her garden, with love and care.  If I look after the needs of my body I will be rewarded ❤️

DAY 18 – WANING GIBBOUS

Theme: Honesty & Introspection

1. What needs to happen before I can start to delve deeper into myself

Seven of Wands

The fierce Seven, stands on the high ground, ready to battle and fight against the wands coming towards her.  She does this to protect the child that hides behind her.  I feel this card telling me that I need to do more preparation, I need to feel ready to delve into the deeper aspects of myself and that perhaps I'm not there yet.  Like a mother protects her child, I must remember to protect myself and to trust in my intuition as to when I am ready to delve deeper.

2. Something I will have to be real and honest about if I am to make true progress

III The Empress

Oh Empress, how you taunt me with your fertility, your heavy pregnancy!  You are surrounded with the glow of faeries and the joy of pregnancy.  I really feel that this card is relating to my fertility journey and being comfortable in my own skin.  The Empress is full of abundance and creativity too but they seem to take a back seat as I look at this card.  I must be real and honest about this journey.  I also get a sense of foreboding, like I'm going to have to come terms with infertility further, I'm not sure, but I get a sense that things might not run smoothly in the future 😞

3. A treasure that is to be gained from my efforts

Six of Wands

The cards are hitting the deep spots today!  Here a mother watches her beautiful children laugh and play.  She is laughing with them.  If this follows on from the previous card then perhaps a family, joy and happiness will be within my grasp.  It is a card of victory and success and I truly hope that this will come to pass.  What is also lovely is that this feels like a summery card - with the flower wreaths on their heads and it seems so appropriate that I wasn't able to do this reading yesterday but instead did it today on midsummer with this summery looking card!

DAY 19 – WANING GIBBOUS

Theme: Roots & Identity

1. How I perceive my roots and my sense of legacy

Ace of Cups

This is a curious card to get here, at least it seems so to me.  Cups (and water) are traditionally associated with emotions but here that doesn't seem to make too much sense to me.  As I look at this card I'm drawn to the water-lilies and the fact that their roots grow down into the dark and murky depths.  This fairly accurately describes my sense of familiy roots and legacy.  It is a dark and murky to me - I know who my grandparents are, I knew one of my great-grandparents but beyond that they are all a mystery to me.  I don't feel like I have that family connection.

2. The actions or attitudes of mine that are based on these beliefs (subconscious or not)

Nine of Pentacles

Ever more curious.  Here we see a well to do lady in her garden.  A beautiful peacock shows off his splendid tail.  This is a card of reward - reward for the hard work that my ancestors had to work through.  The little I know of my family roots is that we have never in recent years been well-off or rich, however, my generation are beginning to reap the rewards of our families slowly working their way up the ladder of social class and standing.  We are reaping the reward at last for all their hard work.

3. How I can heal or strengthen my sense of identity and belonging 

Five of Swords

This has been intriguing reading overall, and makes me feel like I need to find out some more about my roots and my ancestors.  This card continues the intriguing theme!  I look at this card and I get the sense that the lady at the front of the card has won a small victory, but not in a clear honest way, but perhaps by trickery.  I don't really understand the message this card is giving me here.  Will trickery help me to strengthen my sense of identity and belonging?  Somehow I think not!  Perhaps if I view this from another perspective, she has won against the odds so perhaps acknowledging that my generation are where we are today because our families have fought against the odds for us, and won?  Mmmm, curious.  I will continue to ponder this card.