Book: The Fortune's Wheelhouse Guide to Esoteric Tarot

Rose Lalonde

Rose Lalonde

I just read that Fortune's Wheelhouse has an upcoming book. MM Meleen says, "coming out with Llewellyn next year, about of course – esoteric tarot – co-written by myself and co-host T. Susan Chang. So we are busy being Mercurial scribes  and trying to meet a tight deadline."

And there will be new podcasts starting this week. "an all new format featuring episodes on the seven classical planets and the tarot cards that relate to them. We will be going in increasing Chaldean order, so the first new episode will be on lovely Luna (because who wants to start with Saturn!)" It will be released June 6th, and episodes will only be every other week thereafter.

(If you missed it, they already created 78 episodes looking at esoteric symbols in Thoth and RWS art.  It's free, or you can get extra info posts and support them starting at $1 per episode.)

EDIT: The final title of the book ended up being Tarot Deciphered: Decoding Esoteric Symbolism in Modern Tarot

Edited by Rose Lalonde

LavenderMoon

I just started listening to that podcast yesterday! What a coincidence. They had mentioned a book in the first episode and I was wondering if it was out yet. Thanks so much for the info!

Definitely one to get.   And pleased to hear that it's a Llewellyn publication, which I think should mean I can get it over here...  (Was looking at the import taxes this week for a deck I wanted - all I can say is "ouch" - and I didn't order the deck...)

Yeah, I'm in New Zealand so I'm with you on the ease of Llewellyn.

It's bound to cover some (or a lot) of the same territory as the podcasts, but as much as I like the podcasts, I retain things better when I read than when I listen. 

Edited by Rose Lalonde

The book is fantastic. I read most of my tarot books on my Kindle but this one is a must-have in print. I colour-coded it with little stick-it bookmarks and it's a treasure chest of knowledge. I use it to give some inspiration and background to a reading, to study a card or simply to read and let my mind wander through the amazing landscapes of esoteric lore. 

gregory
15 hours ago, Flegetanis said:

I am so confused. Fortune's Wheelhouse, you say?

Then what on earth did you mean ?

Rose Lalonde
Posted (edited)

This info is at the link @gregory gave, but I'm adding a heads up that by the time this book was released, the title had changed to Tarot Deciphered: Decoding Esoteric Symbolism in Modern Tarot

Edited by Rose Lalonde

Flegetanis
On 3/5/2024 at 4:33 PM, gregory said:

Then what on earth did you mean ?

I'm back to being confused as to what links I can & cannot post in here. But the podcasts are great.