Magrataya

Quareia

Flaxen
45 minutes ago, jupiter said:

I feel like I need to stick that sentence to my mirror... the curiosity is hard to curb for me. I have read the study guide, so technically I know that I must take it slowly, but my patience is really lacking. 😫 I want to know everythingggg. I'm self employed and business is slow at this time of the year, so I've had some more free time than usual... so after adapting my usual meditation and tarot practice to Quareia teaching, I added in the vision exercise a couple of days ago. Maybe that's too quick 🤔

@Flaxen if you don't mind the question  - I know our teacher insists on using the RWS for tarot readings. So… Are you still using your other decks…? I'm quite unsure, as I have a couple of favorite decks that have worked well for me in the past – is she suggesting to get rid of those? 😕

No, I’m only using the RWS for the types of readings suggested in the course. They are quite different to what I would usually do.

I use other decks for tarot readings not related to the course which are kept in a separate notebook. 

Know what you mean about the curiosity - I’m the same and I know the desire to consume knowledge at a frantic pace can be a real weakness of mine. I really want to develop the depth of practice that this course promises so I’m really slowing myself down and accepting that it will take a long time to get through it. 

jupiter
7 hours ago, Flaxen said:

No, I’m only using the RWS for the types of readings suggested in the course. They are quite different to what I would usually do.

I use other decks for tarot readings not related to the course which are kept in a separate notebook. 

Thank you, that sounds reasonable 👍
I feel so lucky to have discovered this path, after (what felt like) such a long search... at several points of my journey I considered joining the Order of Bards, Ovates and Druids, but somehow it didn't feel "complete" to me, if that makes sense – I know it's a great course in a beautiful tradition, but I've been looking to really get all the way down to the core basics of everything. That's what Quareia is for me. And it's taught me so much already. The first thing I did was a google, facebook and instagram search for any Quareia communities, fellow students etc. - then I read the study guide where she says that it can be a lonely and solitary path, and that sometimes the need to tell everyone about it is just THE EGO wanting applause, or to be comforted. 🤯 Ha. Nevertheless I will check in here from time to time, to see how we're all doing... let's enjoy the ride and remind ourselves that it's not a race. 🙏

Aaryn

I had no idea this course existed before this thread, but after I started to dig through the site and read into Quareia's philosophy, I jumped in (thanks, all!). It was one of those things that felt immediately right, and it's accessibility is exactly what I needed right now. I'm grateful to McCarthy's insistence that the course is a marathon and not a race; my Gemini Asc./Gemini Solar signs are making the meditation module a trial, lol. 

Flaxen

Good luck @Aaryn. It’s worth persevering if you can. I’ve meditated every day since the beginning of November and concentration levels fluctuate. :classic_smile: