Wildwood Tarot Fraud

fire cat pickles

Thank you for posting this. I received my Wildwood deck several days ago. I bought it off Ebay but apparently it was a reputable dealer (MovieMars-Books) if I'm allowed to say that, I dunno. I've purchased from them numerous times. My deck arrived in outstanding condition and it was in a box with the full sized book. The card stock is a nice quality too. I finally opened it last night and felt it up during a little "getting to know you" session. It was lovely. 😉

Remember, if you buy from ebay or amazon and it's not genuine, you can take it up with those sites! First you have to contact the seller to discuss it not being genuine goods but after that, they can and will take over! Both have a counterfeit goods policy.

I bought a fake deck accidently a while back, having been out of tarot for a while I hadn't realised how big counterfeited decks had got and I didn't recognise the one I'd bought. It was a while before I realised so I didn't report it. Having then gone back and really looked there are an astonishing amount of fakes, most are obvious, like Shadowscapes for less than £6 in a small box. I'm super careful now anyway.

This is really quite sad, and I hadn't realised it was happening. It's not as if it's an horrifically expensive deck to buy, anyway - I can imagine some of the really luxurious or limited edition decks attracting the fraudsters, but the Wildwood? I guess popularity would work as well - if they sell enough of them, it's worth the risk... unfortunately.

Edited by Wanderer

I have seen a lot of these fakes on auction sites. People seem to buy them in bulk from Wish and then try sell them with a profit. I have tried reporting it but they are everywhere. They often have these QR codes on the side that you scan to get a link to the guidebook. And I’ve heard that the cardstock is horrible and smelly. It’s so sad because when a person buy these counterfeit products they are sponsoring some very unethical and dangerous businesses. And quite possibly even criminals too. It’s well documented that money from counterfeit goods often goes toward terrorist organizations, weapons, drugs and trafficking etc. Not the kind of energies that you would want your brand new tarot deck to carry. 

Since now some decks can be very expensive and because there are people to buy them... a paralell market is growing and this won't stop I'm afraid!

Personally I avoid purchases from Eastern European countries particularly; maybe it's abusive but I'm not confident.

One time I bought a fake Sibilla Zingara on eBay (it was a second hand fake deck still on the market) from Italy; honestly I think that the seller didn't know that it was a fake (not expensive though), and I realized myself it was a fake only because I bought another copy (much later) of this edition elsewhere, and the quality wasn't the same at all!