A Frida Kahlo Tarot

katrinka

Gabi Angus-West has one coming out, hopefully this year. https://www.instagram.com/tarotavatara/
Normally I would be dead set against a white lady on the other side of the world doing a Frida deck. It would smack of appropriation and privilege. But this - THIS!
Gabi has transcended all of that. I see nothing but a deep soul connection, two people on the same rare, heavy frequency.
It's said that at her cremation, Frida sat bolt upright and grinned, hair on fire like a halo, before the doors slammed shut.
Leave it to Frida to do THAT.
These images manage to capture the pain and audacity.
I patiently - but eagerly - await this deck

Edited by katrinka

AJ-ish/Sharyn

your link keeps bringing me back to this thread, does it do that for anyone else? thanks. 

Edited by AJ-ish/Sharyn

That is stunning artwork by Gabi Angus-West. Her style seems very compatible with Frida Kahlo’s. 

Thanks for sharing it here - definitely one to look out for. 

My pleasure. :)

That's odd about the link. I tried to edit, but I can't see the BB code, it looks the same on the edit page as it does here. Does anyone know of a way to make the code visible?

oh I like this deck and doesn't whitewash her, going to follow it :thumbsup:

@katrinka you cannot access bbcode or add it manually with the forum software, maybe to make it easier to use perhaps.

If you edit the original post, I think you can edit the link but think you have to delete the word and rewrite it and link again. I am not sure you can edit a link, just delete and do it again, unless there is a way I have missed 🙂

56 minutes ago, DanielJUK said:

oh I like this deck and doesn't whitewash her, going to follow it :thumbsup:

@katrinka you cannot access bbcode or add it manually with the forum software, maybe to make it easier to use perhaps.

If you edit the original post, I think you can edit the link but think you have to delete the word and rewrite it and link again. I am not sure you can edit a link, just delete and do it again, unless there is a way I have missed 🙂

No - go for edit, then double click the link and then put in the CORRECT link where the wrong one is showing. BB code does not work here. Katrinka's link (if you hover over it) does indeed link to this thread.

Edited by gregory

It's fixed now.
Hovering on it doesn't do anything on my laptop. The double-clicking in edit only highlighted it. So what I ended up doing is just deleting it and a few characters on either side, in order to get whatever code is there that we can't see. Then just putting it in again. It seems to be working. Thanks, all.