Pairing Oracle Decks With Tarot Decks

Saturn Celeste

Saturn Celeste

https://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=236530

by Madrigal

It was on this thread I learned the awesomeness of @Bodhiseed!!

Over on the TT forum there have been several threads about pairing up different Tarot decks to use in daily draws etc. I've been pairing up my various Cat Tarots for the past few weeks and it's been working well. I thought I might try this with Tarots and Oracles. So far this is what I've got going...

Wild Unknown Tarot with Voice of the Trees
Tarot of the Sidhe with Faerie Oracle
Chrysalis Tarot with Enchanted Map
Celestial Tarot with Ancient Feminine Wisdom Oracle
Universal Goddess Tarot and Goddess Oracle (Marashinsky)
Daughters of the Moon and Sassy She Oracle
Tarot of the Hidden Realm and Heart of Faerie Oracle
Druidcraft with Druid Plant & Animal Oracle
Wildwood with Druid Plant & Animal Oracle
Touchstone with Oracle of the Grail Code
Fell-Moore Steampunk Tarot with Chronicles of Destiny Cards
Witches Tarot with Chronicles of Destiny Cards
Vintage Tarot Erotique with Vintage Wisdom Oracle
Cosmic Tarot with Oracle of the Radiant Sun
Haindl Tarot with Shaman's Oracle
Ancestral Path with Tao Oracle
Tarot of Transformation with Mother Mary Oracle
Tarot of the Spirit with Mother Mary Oracle
Nefertari Tarot with Isis Oracle
Ancient Egyptian Tarot (Barrett) with Book of Doors
Shadowscapes Tarot with Winged Enchantment Oracle
Sevenfold Mystery with Burning Serpent Oracle
Morgan Greer with Psycards
Thoth/Rosetta with Secret Dakini Oracle

Any one else have Tarots and Oracles that you've used in pairs? Would love to hear what works for you. There are a few Tarot decks I'd like to find pairs for...Spiral, Mucha, Lover's Path, Fenestra and Crystal Visions. Any ideas?

I don't so much pair them up as create little families.

I've used the Wildwood with the Green Man Tree Oracle and The Druid Animal Oracle, they work nicely together, mainly I pick a couple out of the Greenwood Tarot, Anieth Nature Tarot, Hidden Realm, Green Wheel Oracle and Celtic Shaman's Pack, and a little moon oracle I have.

I notice Shadowscapes is in that list, but I use that one on its own.

One day I hope to use the Wild Unknown with the Wild Unknown Animal Spirit and the Linestrider with the Hedgewitch Botanical Oracle, but I have my hands full at the moment!

Saturn Celeste
8 hours ago, ilweran said:

but I have my hands full at the moment!

I hear you!  For me to go through and pair my decks now would take a solid day.  Hmmm, sounds like fun, I might do that! I have the Hedgewitch on my save for later list.

I have used the Hedgewitch book to look up plants that are shown in the Greenwheel Oracle, so you never know, it may get drawn into that group! I do love Siolo Thompson's art and would like her new deck, but so many decks, so little time, I have to ask myself would I ever get round to using it!

I'm much less interested in collecting for the sake of collecting now.

Saturn Celeste
Just now, ilweran said:

I'm much less interested in collecting for the sake of collecting now

I hear you!  I much more broke to collect for the sake of collecting! lol  I do keep a little wish list and I try to get one deck per month when I get paid.  I'm whittling it down!

AfternoonTarot
On 6/11/2019 at 12:02 PM, Saturn Celeste said:

Any one else have Tarots and Oracles that you've used in pairs? Would love to hear what works for you. There are a few Tarot decks I'd like to find pairs for...Spiral, Mucha, Lover's Path, Fenestra and Crystal Visions. Any ideas?

Tarot Mucha and Astrological Oracle Cards by Luanda Weatherspoon, Artwork by Antonella Castilli.  

B663CD07-5230-4A13-BAE3-424E7D037162.jpeg

Saturn Celeste
Just now, AfternoonTarot said:

Tarot Mucha and Astrological Oracle Cards by Luanda Weatherspoon, Artwork by Antonella Castilli.

Lovely pairing! ❤️

I do like Antonella Castilli's art!

Recently I've been using the Chakra cards from the Triple Goddess Tarot with the Greenwood. Still trying to work out the artists associations as normally there are seven and the Wheel of the Year has 8 listed but I'm finding they work well together.

The Hidden Realm with Frouds Faeries is now a semi-regular thing and they are excellent together.

I first saw @RavenOfSummer do that in sacred midsummer group reading. I like to pair decks that are different. Different system (oracle vs tarot, RWS vs TDM etc) and different levels of gentleness.

Katie

Edited by Katie

Saturn Celeste

I've been doing a lot of past life readings and I use oracle and tarot cards along with reincarnation cards.  I have recently purchased a few decks to use specifically for these types of readings.  These are some of the pairs I've used.

Antiquarian Tarot + Divine Muses

BoS volume 1 + Earth Magic

Tarot Apokalypsis + Angels and Ancestors

Stretch Tarot + White Rabbit

Healing Light + Supra

I just bought the Archeon deck for past life readings but don't have an oracle in mind for that yet.

AfternoonTarot

This is The Good Tarot by Colette Baron-Reid and the Chakra Reading Cards by Rachelle Charman.  

This pairing was a happy coincidence that the cards complemented each other so well because not all of the cards in the Charka pack are in this same style, but I thought I’d share.  

8DAF65D7-F275-41F3-9765-94F6F327DB77.jpeg

Saturn Celeste
3 hours ago, AfternoonTarot said:

This is The Good Tarot by Colette Baron-Reid and the Chakra Reading Cards by Rachelle Charman.

Oh pretty pretty!! 😊

This week I'm pairing the Da Vinci Enigma Tarot with the Insectorum Divinorum (Ten of Fire/Wands and Hive):

10w.jpg Hive.jpg

Last week I paired the Granny Jones Tarot with the Button Oracle (Moon and Music):

moon.jpg music.jpg

Here's the Greenwood with the Triple Goddess.

I was asking which chakra I should work on. Interestingly the seven of stones and the Guardian are both associated with the root chakra in the Greenwood system.

IMAG4024.jpg

ETA - just did a reading with the Hidden Realm and Froud Faeries Oracle, so here it is! After stumbling across fae while meditating on the Greenwood Tarot I thought I should ask if they had a message for me, and here it is.

IMAG4025.jpg

Edited by ilweran

Urban Tarot paired with Principles to Live By tiles (Five of Cups and Honesty):

5cups_0001.jpg   openmind.jpg

Edited by Bodhiseed

This week I'll be using the Tarot de St. Croix, created and self-published by Lisa de St. Croix. Along with it, I'll be drawing from the Archetype Cards, created by Caroline Myss and published by Hay House. Today's cards are Death and God:

death.jpggod.jpg

I don't do this a lot, but for example when I use my DruidCraft Tarot I love selecting an oracle card whose influence sort of runs through the reading and I will use a card from either The Druid Plant Oracle, the Druid Animal Oracle or the Green Man Tree Oracle.  That is probably the deck that I do this with the most.  I will also pair a card from my Queen of the Moon Oracle, corresponding to the Moon Phase to go with a particular reading as the lunar influence at the time of the reading.  I am looking forward to the Everyday Witch Oracle to pair with my Everyday Witch Tarot.  With the exception of the Queen of the Moon Oracle I do like the art to flow well with the Tarot deck.

Jewel, I too like art to flow well between the oracle and tarot decks I pair together (though several of my tarot decks are paired with other forms of divination besides cards). 

Saturn Celeste
On 9/8/2019 at 8:56 AM, Bodhiseed said:

Urban Tarot paired with Principles to Live By tiles (Five of Cups and Honesty):

5cups_0001.jpg   openmind.jpg

Oh I love this!  I have Hanafuda cards and one day will start to use them in a reading also.  They have seasons and would be really nice to work into a reading!  I still haven't figured out exactly how I want to do it yet.

Hanafuda_b1.jpg

@Saturn Celeste Love those Hanafuda cards! I guess you could combine what is happening in each week of each month (from a climate perspective), then add in the properties of the plants and animals included. Maybe even a Haiku for the poetry card. 😄