Who's Been Stalking You Lately?

JustPeachy

It seems to move in waves or cycles or is that just me? I'm new to reading but I try to spend an hour or two with my cards everyday or at least reading about them. I went through more than a week where the 9/Pentacles kept popping up for me. And as a beginner, what's not to love about this card?! She still makes appearances too, but here lately The Fool has been hanging around me heavily, in my daily draw, showing up in my study sessions and even jumping out of the deck and into my lap! When stuff like that happens, I listen. Obviously, he thinks I need to learn my lessons. :classic_laugh:

When you get Stalkers how do you handle them? Anything special or extra study?

Who's been showing up for you lately?

Unbelievable! Well, no, I actually DO believe it....after I posted this thread, I went and did my daily draw this morning and guess who popped up. Yup, Himself, again! I had him on the morning of the 10th also. So cheeky I swear. :classic_rolleyes:

And for anyone who wants to know about shuffling, I spread all my cards out and zoush them all around in a circle with both hands making sure they are mixed up really well and nothing sticks to each other. 

Someone told me once that whenever cards keep appearing in your draws, readings or study sessions, it is because there's a lesson you need to learn or haven't paid enough attention to.

Perhaps the Fool wants you to be more daring regarding your Tarot studies or life in general, to take things as they come without much rigour?

3 minutes ago, Eamane said:

Someone told me once that whenever cards keep appearing in your draws, readings or study sessions, it is because there's a lesson you need to learn or haven't paid enough attention to.

Perhaps the Fool wants you to be more daring regarding your Tarot studies or life in general, to take things as they come without much rigour?

I was told the same thing recently. After my draw this morning, I found a 45min video on YouTube about him. When I first read about the Fool, I really liked and identified with him, still do. I see a lot of myself in him and I appreciate his forthrightness and ability to march to the beat of his own drummer. I've never cared much what other people think of me and I've always pretty much done what I wanted to and what felt right to me. Maybe I need to do a spread and ask him what it is specifically that he is trying to tell me! :animated-smileys-thinking-36:  Is there even anything like that? :classic_laugh:

Mmmmm, perhaps you can do a simple spread. There's one that I like and use a lot:

1- ignore     2- need     3-action

You can concentrate on the energy of the Fool and ask him what is that you're not acknowledging right now (card 1), what you need to know about yourself or your journey (card 2), and what action you need to take in order to be more aligned to his energy.

Hope it's useful.

9 minutes ago, Eamane said:

Mmmmm, perhaps you can do a simple spread. There's one that I like and use a lot:

1- ignore     2- need     3-action

You can concentrate on the energy of the Fool and ask him what is that you're not acknowledging right now (card 1), what you need to know about yourself or your journey (card 2), and what action you need to take in order to be more aligned to his energy.

Hope it's useful.

Thanks, I'll give it a whirl and see what comes up. And if he rears his head, I may freak out. 😆

Sometimes the Fool is just a fool. In the older decks, he's oblivious to the dog/cat exposing his booty. In the RWS, he's about to go off a cliff. And there's this:

Capture.PNG.4f86da5ace2fdd1687225cbf3c94ee25.PNG

Being all philosophical and talking about the descent into matter or what-have-you is all well and good, but the way he keeps coming up is definitely a warning. Take care not to do anything foolish.

You have a male 9 of Pentacles in your deck? You don't say which deck you use, but I always thought the 9 of Pentacles was a woman.  It hasn't ever shown up as a man in any of the decks I've used. 😄

It;s always interesting to see when someone comes up with a new idea for the cards.

Saturn Celeste
4 hours ago, JustPeachy said:

And for anyone who wants to know about shuffling, I spread all my cards out and zoush them all around in a circle with both hands making sure they are mixed up really well and nothing sticks to each other. 

So you get reversals?  Another way of shuffling if you don't want to shuffle over hand or riffle shuffle, put all your cards together and deal out at least 4 piles, do this until the cards are all stacked, then combine the piles how you want.  That will also give you a good shuffle and not chip the edges of your cards.

1 hour ago, Grizabella said:

You have a male 9 of Pentacles in your deck? You don't say which deck you use, but I always thought the 9 of Pentacles was a woman.  It hasn't ever shown up as a man in any of the decks I've used. 😄

It;s always interesting to see when someone comes up with a new idea for the cards.

No, no! I'm a beginner and using the RWS Centennial Deck. The 9/Pentacles is absolutely a woman. Sorry for any confusion.

1 hour ago, Saturn Celeste said:

So you get reversals?  Another way of shuffling if you don't want to shuffle over hand or riffle shuffle, put all your cards together and deal out at least 4 piles, do this until the cards are all stacked, then combine the piles how you want.  That will also give you a good shuffle and not chip the edges of your cards.

Thank you, I'll definitely give that a go. And so far I've not had any reversals, especially were that damn Fool is concerned! He always pops upright! At this point he's not just stalking me, I feel like it's more of a haunting! :classic_laugh:

I agree with Katrinka, while I love contemplating the fool philosophically, in a reading, he usually shows un-examined action or a need to pay attention or act more responsibly, to quit fooling around. So, I'd say it'd be worth having a think about what areas / issues in your life you're not taking seriously enough. This doesn't have to be ultra heavy or bad stuff. It could be something small. But, if you think about it, which bit of advice is needed more often in life - be carefree or pay attention?

Then again, maybe the cards are laying out a study program for you, calling your attention to the Fool so that you can get a good handle on the arcana without a number.

Anyway, historically, the card's actually called the Incompetent Seeing Eye Dog. Fact.

10d9ca0ff97436f88469e5b8528f9a63--tarot- 

Edited by devin

1 hour ago, katrinka said:

Or just the wrong dog. A drug sniffing dog alerting the cops to whatever is in the bag!

Love it! 😆

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.