Kickstarter! Cosmic Cycles Tarot

Nordica De Spell

Nordica De Spell

There’s a project on Kickstarter called the Cosmic Cycles Tarot. 

I love it, and just thought I’d share.

I found this deck earlier today, too. After difficult negotiations with myself, I canceled pledges on two decks of playing cards to justify pledging this deck 😂  But I did. Great-looking deck 👍

Nordica De Spell
12 hours ago, KaiNO said:

I found this deck earlier today, too. After difficult negotiations with myself, I canceled pledges on two decks of playing cards to justify pledging this deck 😂  But I did. Great-looking deck 👍

Ha, tell me about it! Due to a bigger, planned purchase with the bank involved, it just doesn’t make sense for me to NOT save my money this year and invest them in the bigger picture! But I keep on looking at tarots! 🙊 🙄 

I should just head on over to the de-enable thread (without de-pledging this one, of course... can’t do that!) 

Edited by Nordica De Spell

9 minutes ago, Nordica De Spell said:

Ha, tell me about it! Due to a bigger, planned purchase with the bank involved, it just doesn’t make sense for me to NOT save my money this year and invest them in the bigger picture! But I keep on looking at tarots!  

Nine months ago, I owned one tarot deck.

When I started to retake an interest in the Tarot, I thought this was a cheap interest that didn't cost so much. It turns out that I couldn't have been more wrong 😂😂

Nice deck. But UK customs and - crucially - post office fees - means that I only back decks coming from the EU (and that might have to stop soon, too...)

Nordica De Spell
25 minutes ago, KaiNO said:

I thought this was a cheap interest

They say golf is expensive, but if tarot doesn’t cost more than golf does, you’re doing it wrong. 🤣

Nordica De Spell
28 minutes ago, gregory said:

Nice deck. But UK customs and - crucially - post office fees - means that I only back decks coming from the EU (and that might have to stop soon, too...)

Unfortunately, I live outside of the US too. If I didn’t, I’d happily buy it for you and send it labelled an inexpensive gift. 

It really sucks. 😞 

36 minutes ago, gregory said:

For me, it goes well if value + shipping < about $ 40, else there are customs and post office fees.

BUT, this will change after 01.01.2020. Then I'll have to pay extra for ALL packages no matter the value. So I have this year to buy what I want, an excellent excuse for myself to buy now! ☺️☺️ 

( But now I have fallen in love with Tabula Mundi, and it costs half a fortune before it may arrive me. No, no, no, what to do, what to do... )

It's a bit too "comic book" for my taste, although it looks well done. But where is the "cosmic?" I'll have to go look at some bigger scans.

Nordica De Spell
11 minutes ago, Barleywine said:

It's a bit too "comic book" for my taste, although it looks well done. But where is the "cosmic?" I'll have to go look at some bigger scans.

To me, I get the ”cosmic cycles” part to be that we follow a few people through the deck, in their ups and downs and events through life. I don’t think that it is that we’re supposed to see cosmic stuff in the individual cards (well, save for The Star card.)

But, I’m not the deck creator and that’s just my feeling or guess, looking at it. 🙂 

1 hour ago, KaiNO said:

For me, it goes well if value + shipping < about $ 40, else there are customs and post office fees.

BUT, this will change after 01.01.2020. Then I'll have to pay extra for ALL packages no matter the value. So I have this year to buy what I want, an excellent excuse for myself to buy now! ☺️☺️ 

( But now I have fallen in love with Tabula Mundi, and it costs half a fortune before it may arrive me. No, no, no, what to do, what to do... )

Sadly in the UK, unless it's marked as a gift, value (INCLUDING POSTAGE AND PACKING !!!!) has to be under £17. And the PO charges £8 to collect whatever customs requires. So the fees are often as much as the deck.

I don't usually like cartoon-like decks, but the unique thought behind each card is wonderful. It is modern, but the illustrations are close enough to traditional meanings that you won't have to hastily thumb through a guidebook to see what each card means. Gregory, I think I read that one of the creators will be shipping from the U.S. and the other from Spain - don't know if that helps you at all. Here's the Two of Swords from this deck:

Two of Swords

Yess the people who create this deck are amazing. I like that there are actual characters with stories in this deck, and not just random men and women wearing robes. I'm still debating on pledging for this deck. 😮 

19 minutes ago, ashjey said:

Yess the people who create this deck are amazing. I like that there are actual characters with stories in this deck, and not just random men and women wearing robes. I'm still debating on pledging for this deck. 😮 

Please do, and thereby contribute so that the next two stretch goals also will be reached :classic_rolleyes:

I've backed this one as well. Sounds like a booklet will come with each deck now that their goals have been exceeded.