'Wizards Tarot' By Barbara Moore, Mieke Janssens

Venus Rising

Venus Rising

Just saw that we're going to have another Wizards Tarot deck early next year by Barbara Moore and Mieke Janssens. I love the artwork. It looks fantastic and I cannot wait to get it!  😍After Corinne Kenner's Wizards Tarot went out of print, I'm glad there will be another beautiful wizards deck available.  One question though - can they not come up with another name? Or add something to it to differentiate it from the other wizard decks? 🤔  

Here is a link to the artist's portfolio, where she has some cards https://www.hireanillustrator.com/i/portfolio/mieke-janssens/#lg=1&slide=13

Her artwork is very beautiful. 

https://www.amazon.com/Wizards-Tarot-Barbara-Moore/dp/0738760285

71PuRgDx4rL.jpg

queen-of-swords.jpg

knight-of-wands.jpg

7-of-wands.jpg

1-viii-strength-wizard-dragon.jpg

Those illustrations are absolutely stunning! One thing I noted though, it looks like there isn't a lot of diversity in this deck. That is unfortunate.

1 minute ago, ashjey said:

Those illustrations are absolutely stunning! One thing I noted though, it looks like there isn't a lot of diversity in this deck. That is unfortunate.

what kind of diversity would you be looking for,,

racial ? 

elemental like fire wizard vs ice wizard like this old game I used to play by koei called gemfire. ?

8 minutes ago, HOLMES said:

what kind of diversity would you be looking for,,

racial ? 

yes, mostly racial. 

I'm sure a deck like this would have both fire wizards and ice wizards though. 

Venus Rising
17 minutes ago, HOLMES said:

beautiful,, 

must buy *walks all wizard hynpotnized. *

hahaha that is how I feel, too! 🤣 

17 minutes ago, ashjey said:

Agreed, Mieke is very talented.   Well, to be fair, these are only a few cards, so hopefully, there will be more in the rest of the deck.  🙂

I like that this deck looks like it will be more about the life of a wizard vs. the wizard school model of the previous deck, that really adds a nice change for me to justify having both!  and Barbara Moore attached to it YAY!  I love the original Wizards tarot, and I agree that it would be nice if they modified the name of this new deck a bit so as to not confuse the two.  They seem like they will be quite different.  The original is a great deck hope this one is as good as that one in its own special way.  A definite must have for me and it comes out the week before my bay! 😜

Edited by Jewel

Venus Rising
On 6/25/2019 at 4:55 PM, gregory said:

Barbara Moore is my go to tarotista. If she's in on this - I'm all for it.

For sure! 🙂  She is fabulous. 

On 6/26/2019 at 5:57 AM, Quester said:

WOW!!!!!  Beautiful deck and Barbara Moore too!! Wish it was coming out sooner!!!

Me too! Really looking forward to this! 🙂

Venus Rising
16 hours ago, Jewel said:

I like that this deck looks like it will be more about the life of a wizard vs. the wizard school model of the previous deck, that really adds a nice change for me to justify having both!  and Barbara Moore attached to it YAY!  I love the original Wizards tarot, and I agree that it would be nice if they modified the name of this new deck a bit so as to not confuse the two.  They seem like they will be quite different.  The original is a great deck hope this one is as good as that one in its own special way.  A definite must have for me and it comes out the week before my bay! 😜

Good point! I agree, I they certainly look different enough to own both.  I have a feeling if Barabara is involved, it will be really well done.  Yay, that will be a very good birthday present for you! 😄 

On 6/29/2019 at 5:54 AM, Venus Rising said:

Good point! I agree, I they certainly look different enough to own both.  I have a feeling if Barabara is involved, it will be really well done.  Yay, that will be a very good birthday present for you! 😄 

I agree, with Barbara involved I have expectations 😜 ... and yes, it will make a great b-day present I am sure!

On 6/25/2019 at 1:12 PM, ashjey said:

It does seem a bit old fashioned to only have beautiful perfect-bodied and very young Caucasian people! I wonder if the Hermit will be barely past adolescence as well. Lol. No offense meant. Really, it's fine if the deck is targeted for a younger audience. I get that. But I do agree that lack of diversity is unfortunate.