VGimlet

Deck of The Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 103 : June 29 - July 5

Posted (edited)

This thread is for those who would like to work through their collection of decks.  Each week we will be picking a new deck to work with exclusively for the week.

Anyone is welcome. Please join us!

1. Please post with your chosen deck for the week.

2. Chat away about your deck, how you're finding it etc.

Participants:

1.  VGimlet - Crooked Way Tarot

2. Bodhiseed - Prairie Tarot paired with Medicine Cards 

3. AJ-ish/Sharyn - Green Wheel Oracle

4. Mi-shell - Anieth Nature deck

5. Katie - Faerie tarot by Nathalie Hertz

6. Madame Squee - Steele Wizard Tarot

(413)

Edited by VGimlet

This week I'll be using the  Crooked Way Gothic Tarot.   Even though I work the weekend next week will be a short week for me, as it ends up being a "natural" 4 day weekend for me.  🙂 

I'll be working with the Green Wheel Oracle this week, thank you VG

I've always thought 4 days on 3 days of was the best of work worlds. I could get a lot more done in 4 10 hours days than 5 8 hours days 🙂  VG, are you still mentoring here? How did you find it? 

Hi VGimlet and all!

I would like to participate with the Anieth Nature deck please!

Yes, you are right, THIS ONE is right now the ONE I am working with since - basically last September.....

This week's focus is making a little booklet about the various texts that the deck creator put up concerning the meanings of the images and her view on the cards. (I am just sick and tiered having to look up certain things on my poooooter all the time....)

Posted (edited)

Faerie tarot by Nathalie Hertz. Got it a month ago, didn't like if first so gave it to my daughter..who now is kind to let me borrow it. It is lovely! Love that is has the 4 seasons in it. Love the symbols in it, animals. Every page has a music  instrument. 

Katie

Edited by Katie

On 6/29/2019 at 8:46 AM, AJ-ish/Sharyn said:

I'll be working with the Green Wheel Oracle this week, thank you VG

I've always thought 4 days on 3 days of was the best of work worlds. I could get a lot more done in 4 10 hours days than 5 8 hours days 🙂  VG, are you still mentoring here? How did you find it? 

No, I  signed up and wasn't paired up right away and life got busy, so I said I would try later when life calmed down.  I'm hoping to mentor someone this fall.   I think it would be fun.   But no experience here yet.   I did kind of mentor someone in real life for a bit, and that was fun.  

20190701_103316-01.thumb.jpeg.ebf05384f46bde62a0435eb7ddc0d594.jpegSo I've put all cards up on our kitchen table so that I have 4 rows. Every column is hence the number. Every row is a season. Have no other deck that uses the seasons for the 4 suits. And I now see that each number has a certain pattern. Look at the number 4s for example. In every card the womans eyes are closed and beneath in the frame, there is a small landscape painting, as if this is what the woman is thinking or dreaming about - or meditating on. In the page the frame has the featured instrument repeated. This is really cool!

Katie

I made a 3-card spread on a work related question and I got a really good answer. This deck is a very kind, yet not too kind, and neat deck! (Is this thread possible to read if you're not a logged-on member??)

Katie

well spotted Katie. I've had a few decks like that, didn't care for, wish I hadn't spent my $$, then they grew on me.

I'm not sure what you mean by logged on member, but the deck of the week group doesn't have any rules. If you want to share your reading here you can. 

Posted (edited)

@Katie I got rid of the Faerie Tarot by Nathalie Hertz three times before I finally realized that I love it. Now, I really can't remember what was bothering me about it. The scenic borders are fabulous.

PS: And I never realized that all of the ladies in the 4's have their eyes closed. Great observation!

Edited by Madame Squee

The Steele Wizard Tarot has been around since 2006. I found my deck about that time in a metaphysical book store that no longer exists. I hadn't seen it before and bought it based on the grand heavy 2-piece box -- the bottom in particular. Over the years, I've wished the cards weren't so large and thought about trimming them. But I do love a black border and so never pull out the scissors. Today, I'm trying a corner-riffle technique that is working very well. 

This is the first image I've uploaded in awhile. I thought we were limited on size, but the system accepted the whole 2.4 mb. I'll be interested (with a little trepidation) to see what it looks like... 

Box Steele Wizard.JPG

Posted (edited)

Interesting that more than me rejects a deck and then likes it 🙂

So.. I read in the book "Holistic Tarot" that contemplating on Devil, Tower and Death is somethong one should do. So...I did.

20190702_103657-01.thumb.jpeg.f0e1f449f47d97d74237ef0984e39416.jpeg

I think the Death card is really spoky. Reminds me of that sheet of fabric they put on corpses faces/body. Remember when I was a kid in the 80s and there was on the news about a piece of fabric i Turin, Italy, that was maybe from Jesus face. But they found out it was not, I think. To have that mushroom as the tower is clever cause it is both beautiful and poisonous.

Edited by Katie

Another way I use the decks is for card game with one player (patience I think it's called). I have tried to use both the whole deck but I tend to take away the triumphs and the pages, making it an ordinary playing card deck, though very VERY beautiful to look at.

20190702_104851-01.thumb.jpeg.7fba31b3a52943805380e62c99f34bd6.jpegDrawback with this deck is that I would prefer the label to be on the upper part of each card, something that Lo Scarabeo does mostly.

Katie

My work with the Anieth Nature Tarot this week was to create a "real booklet" with all the meanings and correspondences as per the deck creator. 

Well, it became a full sized ring-binder -  complete with  colour copies of each card on 1 side and my more personal scribbbbbles on the opposite.

Now the correspondences with the Ogham Trees and Stars make much more sense!

A bit off-putting is, that although this deck is supposed to be rooted in the neolithic, A.R. Stone throws in all kinds of other none neolithic associations, like Horus, Dolphins being associated with Apollo and Delphy and so on.....??

And - oh well, when I got ready to format and print her words, my spell check went quite crazzzzy, not just because of the many words not known to it, but also because lots of simple spelling mistakes.

Somehow this makes me smile, I am always making these too 🙂

It feels, as if I am getting to know A.R. Stone.

Posted (edited)

Sounds like you all had good weeks with your tarots.   I was kind of "meh" about the Crooked Way.   Not sure why.   I'll probably pull it out in October and see how I feel then, heh. 

I've had numerous times when I didn't like a deck to begin with and ended up liking it a lot.   Or not bought a deck because I didn't feel a connection with it and then ended up buying later.   Once for a quite shocking amount of money.    😵

Edited by VGimlet
spelling

Posted (edited)

@Mi-Shell, that sounds ambitious and fun. Did it take many hours to fullfill that? What does it look like? Curious.. I too hate look things up on the puuuter. It destroys the flow.

Katie

Edited by Katie

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Katie said:

@Mi-Shell, that sounds ambitious and fun. Did it take many hours to fullfill that? What does it look like? Curious.. I too hate look things up on the puuuter. It destroys the flow.

Katie

Oh, so far it is just a leather ring-binder with pages I printed out -one sided and then I write stuff onto the other side.

Her interpretations are Soooo VERY NONE RWS!!! 

Eventually I will post more in the Anieth Tarot thread here on the forum and post pictures there....

I also ordered the other Tarot, A.R. Stone created. It also has only Animals of the Neolithic and Bronze age, some cards are even double, BUT it has 98 cards - one extra suit and then some.... I will probably participate with this deck here, when it comes.

Edited by Mi-Shell

3 hours ago, Mi-Shell said:

O

I also ordered the other Tarot, A.R. Stone created. It also has only Animals of the Neolithic and Bronze age, some cards are even double, BUT it has 98 cards - one extra suit and then some.... I will probably participate with this deck here, when it comes.

That sounds interesting to me, - I like decks that are a little different from the "norm".