VGimlet

Deck of The Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 104 : July 6 - July 12

Posted (edited)

This thread is for those who would like to work through their collection of decks.  Each week we will be picking a new deck to work with exclusively for the week.

Anyone is welcome. Please join us!

1. Please post with your chosen deck for the week.

2. Chat away about your deck, how you're finding it etc.

Participants:

1. VGimlet - Pre-Raphaelite Tarot

2. Anesiadora - Vitruvian Spirit Keeper's Tarot

3. Mi-Shell - Anieth Nature Tarot

4. Katie - Faeries Tarot

5. Bodhiseed - Ellis Tarot paired with the Brownies Oracle

6. Aj-ish/Sharyn - Game of Thrones Tarot

7. Madame Squee - Antiquarian Tarot  and Destroyed Dondorf Lenormand

(414)

Edited by VGimlet

This week I'll be using the Pre-Raphaelite Tarot. 

And happy 2 year anniversary to the DoTW group here at Tarot Tea & Me!    🎂🥳

I think this week I'm going to play with the Vitruvian Spirit Keeper's Tarot that just arrived in the mail. Using it exclusively for a week will allow me to become acquainted with the deck.

Continuing with the Anieth Nature deck 🙂

Focus of the week will be the plants in the images. I have to ad notes about them to the book / binder I started.

Posted (edited)

I too need another week with my Faeries Tarot. So I sign up this week too with the same deck. I love the idea of focusing on one deck.

Katie

Edited by Katie

welcome Anesiadora!  I will be using Game of Thrones this week. 

I haven't seen the show but based on its rave reviews I listened to the first audio book. 

Great world building but way to  many characters for me to wrap my brain around 🙂 

And the only characters I really liked were the dogs...the deck is great though. 

thanks VG!

Posted (edited)

@Bodhiseed, the Brownies Oracle?! Never heard of them before. Interesting, I would loove to see some photos of them and hear from you how they work. So... I draw one card for this day. And I got this lovely Queen of Pentacle.

20190706_130232.thumb.jpg.a50ac36a7d2d31a5054c106ce14e0624.jpg

This card is stunning. Warm colours, details in the frame are also in her hair. Love the field in the background as well as the petrol blue heaven. The tree and the animal is sharing the image space with the Queen. This is a card that I really love. Overall in this deck I think the faeries are beatiful in a kind way and not in a posing way. Maybe that's why I feel drawn to these elements. This card implies a day of nourishing, which it so far has been, half way through.

Katie

Edited by Katie

Yes I saw that page. Thankyou. It took a while to figure out if it was about bakery🙄 but now I know more about what they are. 😃

1 hour ago, Katie said:

Yes I saw that page. Thankyou. It took a while to figure out if it was about bakery🙄 but now I know more about what they are. 😃

Heehee 😄

This week the tarot I'll be using is the Ellis Deck, created and self-published by Taylor Ellis. Paired with it will be the Brownies Oracle, created and self-published by Doug Thornsjo. Today's draws are the Emperor and 'Constraint:'

emperor.jpgconstraint.jpg

No wonder this Emperor is armored; he has a heavy (sometimes brutal) responsibility to bear. He guides and disciplines his people; he provides for and protects them. He relies on structure and order to do this through the laws he creates. If he is wise, he will adapt and adjust to the natural changes and challenges life brings. Like well-known coaches, he is often lauded when times are good and blamed when they aren't, even if he had little control over either. The Constraint card is often the way the Emperor's subjects feel. They have rights, by golly, and no one should try to take them away. But as the Emperor knows, rights can only be given when responsibilities are taken seriously.

We, the People, recognize that we have responsibilities as well as rights; that our destinies are bound together; that a freedom which only asks what's in it for me, a freedom without a commitment to others, a freedom without love or charity or duty or patriotism, is unworthy of our founding ideals, and those who died in their defense. ~Barack Obama

Posted (edited)

Interesting imagery in those decks, @Bodhiseed. Especially the Brownies, with its many small figures instead of 1-3 that is usually featured in a card. The colours are nice, and calme, too.

I did a 3-card "positive spread" this morning (what's positive in my life, in myself, in my future).

20190707_082925-01.thumb.jpeg.913d624dd023ec26fcf88e209f60840e.jpeg

The cards speaks for themselves to me. I wonder what the faery in 6 of sword is pointing at with her left hand. Did something fall overboard? Something with this deck is that it smells so good, strange isn't it?

Katie

Edited by Katie

At long last!!:stick_amok:

A pristine Antiquarian Tarot Gold landed on my doorstep this morning! This one is number 12 of 50. The card stock is smooth and the edges are gilded gold. Honestly, I didn't think I'd ever have one since I missed out on Maree Bento's issue of it in 2017. But eBay and my youngest son :heart: came to my rescue.

Woo hoo!!! :dancing-cat:

4 hours ago, Madame Squee said:

This one is number 12 of 50.

Is there a limited edition on 50? Congrats! Looking forward hearing how it works for readings.

19 hours ago, Katie said:

Is there a limited edition on 50? Congrats! Looking forward hearing how it works for readings.

Thank you! Yes, it's from a limited edition of 50. The Antiquarian Tarot is a deck I already have (standard size and large). And after many years of collecting back-ups, I finally stopped a couple of years ago. But... Gilded edges! :78496: 

On 7/9/2019 at 11:37 PM, Madame Squee said:

Thank you! Yes, it's from a limited edition of 50. The Antiquarian Tarot is a deck I already have (standard size and large). And after many years of collecting back-ups, I finally stopped a couple of years ago. But... Gilded edges! :78496: 

I'm always a sucker for gilded decks, too.

So I worked with the deck all week and used it for some Instagram challenges as well. Honestly, I think it reads incredibly well intuitively. I'm going to be diving into the Book of Maps (whew!) to get to know the deck on a more personal level, but I love the imagery of this deck and I'm quite happy with it.