Madam Clara

Nanook

On 7/20/2019 at 8:35 AM, Decan said:

There are not a lot of backers for this one on the forum, no?

I've backed this deck, and I'm very happy with all the reached strech goals.

...and the Early-Riser price that I get 😁

14 minutes ago, Decan said:

Oh you are within the 50 early backers (I'm not)! Great deal for you!! :classic_smile:

There are always some early birds that cancel when the settlement hour approaches, then you can take their place. I've done this a few times before, here as well 😉  

On 7/30/2019 at 4:31 PM, KaiNO said:

There are always some early birds that cancel when the settlement hour approaches, then you can take their place. I've done this a few times before, here as well

I looked at that but unfortunately there was no cancellation so I didn't benefit from the special price of the early bids. But that's okay.

Yesterday I chose my options, that is plain edges, classical color for the back, a red pouch and no additional card.

Edited by Decan

10 hours ago, Decan said:

Yesterday I chose my options, that is plain edges, classical color for the back, a red pouch and no additional card.

I chose matte green edges, deep earth pouch color, opted in 5 random cards 😄

But I chose pumice stone (alt B) back color so I believe we chose the same there 😉

I think I’ll receive my deck by the end of the year but the creator of the deck faced challenges with customs so things are delayed for now.

Hoping some movements soon though!

Edited by Decan

I backed it too and look forward to receiving it.  This year I backed 9 kickstarter tarot/oracle projects and have received 7 of them with the other 2 to follow soon.  These were all fun experiences.  In earlier times I had only one bad experience with kickstarter.  I did get the deck but it was C.O.D. for more shipping money.  I really  didn't appreciate that.  Supposedly shipping charges went up between pledging and the creator receiving the deck.  If you are running a campaign you have to allow for that.  We had a deal for a certain price and I did pay the shipping that was asked for during the campaign.  That creator should have just sucked it up, lesson learned instead of surprising me at the post office for more money needed.  Well, simple lesson learned for me - never deal with that creator again.

That’s it, the creator received all the decks! 😀

I think I'll receive my copy (plus the extras) within 15 days now!

Edited by Decan

Mine came yesterday, complete with four extra cards that I didn't choose and a spread cloth and pin that I don't want either.  If anyone can use them PM me and they're yours for free.  I'll even pay the postage.  And the cards are everything I hoped they'd be!  I looked through them last night and hope to study them for a while today.

On 12/3/2019 at 3:17 PM, Grandma said:

Mine came yesterday, complete with four extra cards that I didn't choose and a spread cloth and pin that I don't want either.  If anyone can use them PM me and they're yours for free.  I'll even pay the postage.  And the cards are everything I hoped they'd be!  I looked through them last night and hope to study them for a while today.

@Grandma, did you receive a taker for your gifts?

On a side note, I just ordered the deck from her Etsy shop on Friday. I’m trying to give her a chance and the benefit of the doubt. But I’ll admit, after reading some of the experiences here, I’m a little nervous. 

Edited by Emilija

On 12/3/2019 at 9:17 PM, Grandma said:

All that stuff WAS listed as stretch goals on the campaign.

It is lovely, isn't it !

You're right, @gregory.  I forgot when I posted this offer that the four extra cards were the regular included ones, not the extra extra which were available on request.  But I still don't want these four cards, nor did I ever want the pin and spread cloth even though they are also included with the deck.  I don't even want to keep the spread cloth for the fabric.  I can't bring myself to throw things like this away so I took a chance that they might find a home.

Oddly though, the pin is nowhere to be found.  If it reappears I will send it to @Emilija.  In the meantime, I'll mail the rest to her tomorrow.

I didn't think I will add the 4 extra cards to my deck, but finally I did (since it is an unconventional deck I felt it that way).

Otherwise I find that it reads very well, and the LWB is welldone and useful. Actually it's my first Kickstarter I'm really happy with; there were only 2 previous Kickstarters before this one, and it was okay but not that much okay...

For the pin, yes, lol I don't wear it but it's part of Madam Clara soul, vibe & legend somehow, no? I like it 🙂

Finally there are people who bought this deck!

I learned that this deck is sold out.

They plan a second edition on Kickstarter though.

ETA: actually the 2nd edition is already on Kickstarter, I don't know if it will be exactly the same or not, I didn't read this yet.

Edited by Decan

The second edition on Kickstarter is funded.

Here the link if this interests a few people: 

Okay I won't insist nevertheless because people don't like it much on the forum. Me yes but it's my "werdy" side 😄

Edited by Decan

@Decan I backed the first one and I'm waiting to see if there will be an option to get the second edition without the keywords. It's such a lovely deck! You're not the only one who likes it! :thumbsup:

5 hours ago, cosita said:

@Decan I backed the first one and I'm waiting to see if there will be an option to get the second edition without the keywords. It's such a lovely deck! You're not the only one who likes it! :thumbsup:

Time will tell! 🙂

He will tweaks the keywords and there will be a choice of new colorings for the back and edges (as you probably already know).

It was a very good experience on Kickstarter last year for me. The campaign is fun too!

I love my first edition. The keywords don't bother me at all. I MIGHT back this if it runs with none, though. Just for curiosity.

I’m interested in seeing which cards’ keywords will be updated for the second edition. There were a few that could be considered slightly repetitive in the first edition.

6 hours ago, Verite said:

I’m interested in seeing which cards’ keywords will be updated for the second edition. There were a few that could be considered slightly repetitive in the first edition.

This doesn't bother me to be honest and I love my first edition too, but if he tweaks some keywords in a few cards it will be fine.

Possible he will do a version without keywords, actually I don't know, depends on the campaign.

I love my first edition copy, and while I'm really tempted by the second edition, I'm trying to limit the number of non-European decks I back this year, due to the extra customs & handling cost of receiving them (I don't mind the customs charge so much, it's the £8 handling fee that really bites!)