The Marigold Tarot

Queen of Nothing

Queen of Nothing

The Marigold Tarot by Amrit Brar went live. Its only been up for a few hours and its already more than 50% funded. I got lucky and managed to snag an early bird pledge.

"On a whole, the Marigold Tarot has always been about creating a tarot deck in a style that my friends and I wanted to use. That meant illustrating a wealth of skeletons, flowers, and plants, and partnering all of them with the clothing and jewelry I grew up surrounded by in a Punjabi household. To top it all off, the whole thing will be produced in a combination of black and white printing partnered with metallic gold ink."

-Amrit Brar

I love her Shitty Horoscopes, and have been eagerly awaiting the launch of this Kickstarter for some time now. I hope you will all love it too.

UPDATE: The deck is fully funded in less than 24 hours. Dang, that's impressive.

saintsandliars

I am so psyched for this one. I've been looking for a card that uses skeletons/bones in a way that resonates with me, and the artist's style and use of color is just gorgeous.

RavenOfSummer

Wow did this deck get funded!! More than 10x it's goal!

I'm late to the party, just decided to back it. Less than 2 days left!

RavenOfSummer

Probably all the backers are already aware of this, but the deck shipping has been delayed to May  :-\

I really think this one is going to be worth the wait though.

EmpyreanKnight

Oh wow, this is such a beauty!

The Marigold Tarot + Santa Muerte Tarot & Oracle + Tarot of the Dead would make such a grand Death decks trilogy.

RavenOfSummer

Just got a backer update that included some pictures of the artist copy decks. It looks pretty stunning- I still don't know how I'm going to get on with it for reading, but I'm glad I backed it!

eb0c20eac39b3d759197ca30ef546bae_original.jpg.c191802e1f8f8510a375ec9d6248618b.jpg

0a210ebfbc18111aec5785935c16d0b7_original.jpg.b2f46d9a3410ce3526fbbd2140b86648.jpg

Queen of Nothing

After tons of delays, the deck is finally being shipped out. I actually received mine today and I'm in love.

Unfortunately, people are reporting that they're missing The Fool card, which seems very disheartening for the artist. Thankfully my eck was complete, but I can only imagine how irritating it must be to finally get the deck and find out you're short one card.

Little Fang

I missed out on the Kickstarter (I didn't realize how much I'd love the look of this deck!) but I'm hoping to purchase when they come out for sale this month. 

RavenOfSummer

Received mine as well! So, for those who have the deck...I'm trying to figure out what all the flowers are in the suit of Wands. Ace is obviously rose. Two...is it Queen Ann's Lace/Wild Carrot? Or maybe Angelica? Definitely something in the Apiaceae family. Not sure about 3...any ideas? 4 looks like chrysanthemum. Then I'm not sure about 5, 6, 7, or 8... 9 looks like sunflower...and again not sure about 10? I can't wait for the guidebook to be ready so we can know her thoughts on these choices! But in the meantime, anyone able to identify these plants?

I'm curious about a lot of the symbolism actually...The World! I need the guidebook!

But it is a beautiful deck. I still have no idea if I'll be able to read with it! But it is gorgeous and I'm glad I backed it.