Flaxen

22 Weeks With The Spirit Keeper's Tarot - Week 3

Just getting the thread set up ready for tomorrow. 

My aim this week is to improve the areas I’ve not found a groove with yet. 

Posted (edited)

Thanks, Flaxen! I swear I'll be organised enough to start the thread in one of those 22 weeks, but today I'm just too distracted by the tennis!

My aim this week is to make some decisions and get the ball rolling on my plans - maybe work effectively to find that missing piece.

Edited by YlvaBlue

Posted (edited)

Tarot forecast for the week:

The Politic - The Joined One - The Contender

There is balance and symmetry between the first two cards. The Politic is a repeat so the call for pragmatism and awareness of politics is still there. The staffs transform in the next card to the caduceus and the chalices.  It’s important to find those people who resonate and are like-minded - in fact, a good politician is able to win someone over to their point of view. 

With the final card in place, it looks like it will be a week of jostling for position. There are competing strategies and it’s important to be pragmatic in order to create a scenario that most are happy with. 

Hexagram for this week is 30 - emotional attachment and clinging. It cautions that clinging is the right thing to do in this circumstance if the inner fires burn.

37E863CB-FAB2-47F2-810F-01B22A61A4ED.jpeg

Edited by Flaxen

Posted (edited)

The Joyous One - 10 Chalices

The Nocturne - 2 Orbs

The Memory Keeper - 6 Chalices

When I was shuffling, the 10 of Chalices slipped out. I don't normally take note of fall-outs, but when the same card appears in the spread, I reckon it's worth making a note of it!

IMG_20190715_075718.thumb.jpg.4257e24046ae4d565250eadd511c7729.jpg

(I love, love, love the 6 Chalices! Look at how cute the little baby phoenix and the little baby dragon is! 😍)

I did a first intuitive read, and wrote this: 

Time is my ally. Now I stand with a world of possibilities in front of me. It's joyful: these are dreams I can bring to fruition. Day follows night follows day - and those dreams flower. I'm back to childhood enthusiasm and anticipation about what will happen next.

Then I put together the hexagram and interpreted it using the Book of Maps.

Wind + Wind = Sun: Use Gentle Force. The wind is powerful because time is its power. Be like the wind - use time to accomplish and endeavour.

Looks like my intuitive read tapped into the cards pretty well 🙂

For context: 

This is my last week at a place I've worked at for the last ten years. It's a big old Victorian school and looks suspiciously like the castle in the background of the card. I'm feeling very fond and grateful for all that's happened since I started there...but I'm ready to move on. 

Last week I felt like there was a missing piece which was stopping me from being able to set my plans in motion for this, the next stage of my life. This week, that missing piece turns up. It's not a thing, or a person, or an event. It's a feeling. That squirmy, excited, can't-wait-for-tomorrow feeling I used to get as a kid which stopped me sleeping the night before something I was really looking forward to happened.

Well, here it is. 

(BTW, this is the end of a process that began with the 30 days of the Moon spread back in the Spring. Looks like it was even more transforming than I thought at the time!)

Edited by YlvaBlue

What great cards for the week ahead!

I love how the spread reads from the titles too - The Joyous One, The Nocturne, The Memory Keeper. The memory of past happiness carries you through the alchemical process of the Nocturne and into future happiness which is being born now. It feels like an eternal time loop where the stream can be read in either direction and loops back on itself. :classic_smile:

1 hour ago, Flaxen said:

What great cards for the week ahead!

I love how the spread reads from the titles too - The Joyous One, The Nocturne, The Memory Keeper. The memory of past happiness carries you through the alchemical process of the Nocturne and into future happiness which is being born now. It feels like an eternal time loop where the stream can be read in either direction and loops back on itself. :classic_smile:

Oh, I agree! Such a lovely and hopeful set of cards. I did read them both forwards and backwards this morning since the energy of this reading flows in a loop.

The titles for all the cards make my little poet's heart sooooo happy. They feel very much like an invocation, or a prayer, and these are three names I'm happy to have on my lips all week. 

That eternal time loop really feels part of the 2 of Orbs (my favourite depiction of this card, I think: I *get* the card meaning in a brand new way). I love the two little boats sailing off in either direction, especially given my future plans include travel.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Flaxen said:

The Politic - The Joined One - The Contender

There is balance and symmetry between the first two cards. The Politic is a repeat so the call for pragmatism and awareness of politics is still there. The staffs transform in the next card to the caduceus and the chalices.  It’s important to find those people who resonate and are like-minded - in fact, a good politician is able to win someone over to their point of view. 

With the final card in place, it looks like it will be a week of jostling for position. There are competing strategies and it’s important to be pragmatic in order to create a scenario that most are happy with. 

Hexagram for this week is 30 - emotional attachment and clinging. It cautions that clinging is the right thing to do in this circumstance if the inner fires burn.

How interesting that you have a 3 and a 2 adding up to that 5! Depending on the context, it looks like one group of people who work well together being joined by one or two others whose good intentions are going to backfire a little bit and cause a bit of a power struggle. The Politic is the key card here, isn't it, and your recognition that pragmatism is the best approach is a good one 👍

Edited by YlvaBlue

5 hours ago, YlvaBlue said:

How interesting that you have a 3 and a 2 adding up to that 5! Depending on the context, it looks like one group of people who work well together being joined by one or two others whose good intentions are going to backfire a little bit and cause a bit of a power struggle. The Politic is the key card here, isn't it, and your recognition that pragmatism is the best approach is a good one 👍

That’s such a good observation - 2 groups of people coming together and struggling to see eye-to-eye could absolutely apply to my work. 

I haven’t done my meditation yet today - last week I got up early but it was a struggle to really focus. Think it’s better for me to do it in the evening. 

16 minutes ago, Flaxen said:

That’s such a good observation - 2 groups of people coming together and struggling to see eye-to-eye could absolutely apply to my work. 

I haven’t done my meditation yet today - last week I got up early but it was a struggle to really focus. Think it’s better for me to do it in the evening. 

I used one of the meditation videos from Benebell's YouTube channel this morning. I wasn't sure how I felt about it, but then I did a weekly forecast that was dead on the money, so.... 😂 Morning is definitely my best time; luckily I don't work on Mondays so I can spend the time in the morning to do justice to both the mediation and the weekly forecast.

Weekly Forecast Spread

wfs03_9fteBj.jpg

It's all about the Chalices this week — time for inner renewal. I will find inner peace. And If I don't neglect the relationships I cherish, I can walk through the valley of shadows.

The Integrated Reading: Tarot and I Ching
Wind (Two of Chalices) over wind (Queen of Chalices) is Hexagram 57: Gentle Force, giving me this divinatory reading:
"Submit to the direction of the winds. The power you exert must be a gentle force. The wind is powerful because time is its power. The wind uses time to accomplish all endeavors. So you, too, like the wind, must use time to accomplish your endeavor. Be the unseen influence. The magus casts a spell that will produce an unseen influence. Whether the warrior advances or retreats, both decisions will bode well so long as the decision is made with conviction. One must delve below the surface, perhaps into the unconscious mind to understand the situation at hand. The wind is favorable. Small gains to be had."