Jump to content

Recommended Posts

bastetly
1 hour ago, katrinka said:

What are your neighbors getting up to? (Maybe we could throw some Teuila cards and keep things on topic!)

Edited 51 minutes ago by katrinka

Y'know that sounds like fun.  Stay ahead of their games!  And learn more about the deck :dancing-cat:  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
katrinka

Well, alright, let's do this! 

 

What will bastetly discover about her neighbors?

20191130_220226_kindlephoto-358558045.thumb.jpg.ee70d32d814ab3ed952a901c5100d21b.jpg

 

Annnnnd...go! 

Do these two men live there, or just frequent the place? The blond one is miserable...looks like he's upset over some news about work (or whatever he's been doing for a living.) And there's bad feelings between him and the other guy.

Nail down your stuff would be my advice at this point. 🐭

Edited by katrinka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
katrinka

The tear bottle is an interesting image. People probably never actually used small bottles to catch tears. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tear_catcher

 

But symbolically it could be significant - "bottling up" feelings, crying in one's beer, holding on to old grudges, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Decan

Okay, great, I love exercises!

Interesting remark about "bottling up" feelings Katrinka, it's something I didn't think about for this card!

 

The focus seems on the blond man in the center. The two men could be colleagues, they don't look to each other too, and the Tear Bottle is between them. It doesn't look a joyful relationship indeed... (the Bees mirrors the second Man, and the Letter mirrors the Tear Bottle).

One man regrets the other one? Or it's something about an unemployment situation?

Edited by Decan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bastetly

Well this is already getting interesting.  There's a bunch of dudes and dudettes living next door.  Why?  Because the guy and his wife can't pay their bills.  And there's a couple of blondes and brunettes .... there's a lot more going on,  but it's late.   I keep my home bolted down, nothing of value outside, keep it humble-looking, w motion-detector lights.  Have to these days anyway in the U.S. and in California towns where meth and H rule the streets.  It's too bad cats can't bark  #goodfornuthin ....

3 hours ago, katrinka said:

The tear bottle is an interesting image. People probably never actually used small bottles to catch tears. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tear_catcher

Let's mention that old Tear Bottle!.  The bottle that Wikipedia says no one can find any evidence of having been actually used to collect tears.  And yet it made its way into the deck.  I wonder if she says anything about it in her book I haven't finished.  Good night fellow card-hackers.  😴

Edited by bastetly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Decan

Okay... Now that you said this my Hercule Poirot side  is wondering 🧐
So maybe we could consider that Bees + Letters are in the back of the main Man (blond or of fair complexion). So I guess there could be some business next door in relation to "small packs"..., literally behind him (therefore hidden).

I don't see the connection with the Tear Bottle if I read the cards that way though, but likely it's something important here.

Edited by Decan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
katrinka
1 hour ago, Decan said:

Okay... Now that you said this my Hercule Poirot side  is wondering 🧐
So maybe we could consider that Bees + Letters are in the back of the main Man (blond or of fair complexion). So I guess there could be some business next door in relation to "small packs"...,

Ah HA! YES!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bastetly
9 hours ago, Decan said:

Okay... Now that you said this my Hercule Poirot side  is wondering 🧐
So maybe we could consider that Bees + Letters are in the back of the main Man (blond or of fair complexion). So I guess there could be some business next door in relation to "small packs"..., literally behind him (therefore hidden).

I don't see the connection with the Tear Bottle if I read the cards that way though, but likely it's something important here.

That's kind of Brilliant Mr D 😄    But gawd I hope not.  Still wouldn't be surprised.  So the blonde man in the middle seems to be the subject of katrinka's draw.  And I just noticed the man on the end has ginger hair, not dark.  Well not sure who that could be yet.  There are 2 blonde men next door, one that seems cool and one who really looks like trouble.  And then we have the brunettes.

Excuse me, I'm having an ant invasion.  They always flood my kitchen when we have freezes.  Boric acid powder usually does the little creatures in....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Decan
12 hours ago, bastetly said:

But gawd I hope not.  Still wouldn't be surprised. 

Probably not, I hope too! Likely what the cards are saying are ordinary things like bad news from work, bills to pay and sadness.

If you use the Teuila cards every day or regularly I'm sure they won't keep their mysteries for long! 🙂

I will do that myself at some point I think but currently I deal with Russian cartomancy, so...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bastetly

We can continue with our detective work?  As an aside fm the neighbors (there's actually 2 households that are possibilities for these draws), tonight a strange skinny guy in a coat and brimmed hat walked by, suddenly stopped and turned to face the tall house across the street.  He quickly pulled out a camera and took one picture of their house.  Then he swiftly walked away.... I called Mikel and told him what I saw.  Weirdest damn thing.  I'm going to pull some Teuila cards tomorrow and ask about this guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bastetly
1 hour ago, Decan said:

Probably not, I hope too! Likely what the cards are saying are ordinary things like bad news from work, bills to pay and sadness.

Yet...clever ways of card combing make good use of simple little cards.  I don't recall if there actually is a card for "small" like Lenormand has.  But unless future draws indicate, you're probably right.  Loss of jobs, disagreements, sadness and electricity shut-offs are "on the regular' next door.  Aaand the owner is a slum-lord who wants his tenants to fix everything for him.  Good Times   😂

 

(did you get your Golden Russian Playing Cards yet?  Mine are gorgeous 🙂 )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Decan
4 minutes ago, bastetly said:

(did you get your Golden Russian Playing Cards yet?  Mine are gorgeous 🙂 )

Yes absolutely! Gorgeous playing cards (piatnik).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Decan
6 hours ago, bastetly said:

We can continue with our detective work?  As an aside fm the neighbors (there's actually 2 households that are possibilities for these draws), tonight a strange skinny guy in a coat and brimmed hat walked by, suddenly stopped and turned to face the tall house across the street.  He quickly pulled out a camera and took one picture of their house.  Then he swiftly walked away.... I called Mikel and told him what I saw.  Weirdest damn thing.  I'm going to pull some Teuila cards tomorrow and ask about this guy.

Please let us know about that!.............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bastetly
On 12/2/2019 at 12:30 AM, bastetly said:

tonight a strange skinny guy in a coat and brimmed hat walked by, suddenly stopped and turned to face the tall house across the street.  He quickly pulled out a camera and took one picture of their house.  Then he swiftly walked away.... I called Mikel and told him what I saw.  Weirdest damn thing.  I'm going to pull some Teuila cards tomorrow and ask about this guy.

 "Why was that person taking a photo?"

 THE CARDS AS THEY FELL   lol

                                                              

 Fish (disappointment) + Ship (wish card) + Fireside (home) + Birds (happiness) + Valise, Bag (travel)

eta:  the words in parentheses are the meanings of the cards given in the instructions

 

No significator to describe (him?) ...and not a playing card deck

Leads off w disappointment or unfulfilled desire about a home or house.  Travel at the end is a card of movement or change.  Happiness mirrors the wish card and is flying away fm the Home, and may involve a move.  

A wish for a home has been thwarted and is looking to move up.  Is the person wanting Mikel's home?

 

Am struggling with this whole spread.  NO first impressions and the Birds and Suitcases at the end are throwing me.  4 cards here do show movement on the pictures themselves though.  Hmmmm  WHY was s/he taking the photo of my neighbor's house in the dark ?? 

Gotta go feed my cat masters...

 

Edited by bastetly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mim

I'm so glad there's a Teuila thread here! I just bought a set of these cards, but they don't come with the instruction booklet. Thanks to this thread's link to the instructions I can at least use them. Through some internet sleuthing though, I've managed to cobble together the original booklet minus pages 8 and 9. Would someone with the reproduction cards mind sharing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Decan
On 12/2/2019 at 9:30 AM, bastetly said:

tonight a strange skinny guy in a coat and brimmed hat walked by, suddenly stopped and turned to face the tall house across the street.  He quickly pulled out a camera and took one picture of their house.  Then he swiftly walked away....

10 hours ago, bastetly said:

"Why was that person taking a photo?"

 THE CARDS AS THEY FELL   lol

                                                              

 Fish (disappointment) + Ship (wish card) + Fireside (home) + Birds (happiness) + Valise, Bag (travel)

I agree with your analyze above! Here the context looks like indeed very suspect...

 

From this line I would say that the spread is relevant with regard to your question (Fireside which is the home in the center near the Ship, the wish card).

We probably have to focus particularly on the Ship card and the cards just beside it, because I guess that this card shows what this dubious figure was wishing here.

The Fish isn't a good card and doesn't show good feelings but it isn't jealousy though (there is a card for jealousy in the deck, the Green Eye), but disappointment like you said.

Hmm... I just add that for me the Blue Birds are conflicting with regard to the Fish card, there are emotions in both cases but really different, unless things transform from disappointment to contentment but I don't know what this would mean here.

The Valise/bag with the Ship in the same spread makes me think of a traveler somehow, you know, like tourists who take pics at random and they don't know really why. this Fish looks like a bit "an idiot" here (looking at the drawing), but I digress from the core meanings, and I don't have to do that I guess!

Edited by Decan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bastetly
11 hours ago, mim said:

I'm so glad there's a Teuila thread here! I just bought a set of these cards, but they don't come with the instruction booklet. Thanks to this thread's link to the instructions I can at least use them. Through some internet sleuthing though, I've managed to cobble together the original booklet minus pages 8 and 9. Would someone with the reproduction cards mind sharing?

Hi mimi 🙂  There seem to be 13 pages to the instructions, but you only need 8 and 9 correct?  Just checking, but unfortunately I cannot reproduce the cards for you.  I hope someone else will as those pages are in the middle of explaining the primary spread.  Welcome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bastetly
10 hours ago, Decan said:

I agree with your analyze above!

You do ??!

10 hours ago, Decan said:

Here the context looks like indeed very suspect...

You think so!???  I thought my choosing of the cards this time was even more suspect  🤣

 

10 hours ago, Decan said:

From this line I would say that the spread is relevant with regard to your question (Fireside which is the home in the center near the Ship, the wish card).

Good that feels better, now that you mention it.

 

10 hours ago, Decan said:

The Fish isn't a good card and doesn't show good feelings but it isn't jealousy though (there is a card for jealousy in the deck, the Green Eye), but disappointment like you said.

Disappointment wasn't my interp actually, just what the instructions say the Fish means.  I don't understand how it really fit in here...

 

10 hours ago, Decan said:

Hmm... I just add that for me the Blue Birds are conflicting with regard to the Fish card, there are emotions in both cases but really different, unless things transform from disappointment to contentment but I don't know what this would mean here.

IKR??  Conflicting emotions.  But why is the spread going down this path, if it actually is...?

 

10 hours ago, Decan said:

The Valise/bag with the Ship in the same spread makes me think of a traveler somehow, you know, like tourists who take pics at random and they don't know really why. this Fish looks like a bit "an idiot" here (looking at the drawing), but I digress from the core meanings, and I don't have to do that I guess!

Poor lil Fish looks like he almost took the wrong bait!  😉   It could have been a tourist as I believe this was a stranger, but could not see his face.  It may be that this is a benign thing.  But the event itself looked more deliberate.  He wasn't looking around before taking the picture.  Was looking down actually and in front.  THEN wheels around w out taking a breath and whips that camera out.  Then poof!  S/he was off!  (AFAIK the household across the street doesn't pose any real problems, but who knows yet?) The Valise (travel) kind of describes the walking, but the Why???  I'm loathe to pull clarification cards.  I would much rather ask a clarification question, then draw another line,  but only if I have to.  I want to see the forest, but see only the trees atm.  AT least the House was in the middle, but what is the WISH?  I don't see the revelation here YET .... I do my best divinations in the shower.  But I just took one 😄 

Thanks for popping over fm your Babushka studies to give me feedback !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mim
2 hours ago, bastetly said:

Hi mimi 🙂  There seem to be 13 pages to the instructions, but you only need 8 and 9 correct?  Just checking, but unfortunately I cannot reproduce the cards for you.  I hope someone else will as those pages are in the middle of explaining the primary spread.  Welcome!

Yep just 8 and 9! That's why I was hoping to find them, since the explanation seemed really important and I like a little extra direction. And thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
katrinka

These? It's just a sample reading, filler, really. But I totally  get the need to see the full instructions. It just feels wrong not to! 

811864186_20191203_1714152.thumb.jpg.d91e046f5ca01e5039fd137f4f6687ad.jpg

 

1240831613_20191203_1713322.thumb.jpg.c446f9a38806722ed0da076472571eeb.jpg

 

(Pardon the angle, I didn't want the flash making it illegible.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
katrinka
23 hours ago, bastetly said:

 "Why was that person taking a photo?"

 THE CARDS AS THEY FELL   lol

                                                              

 Fish (disappointment) + Ship (wish card) + Fireside (home) + Birds (happiness) + Valise, Bag (travel)

 

No significator to describe (him?) ...and not a playing card deck

Leads off w disappointment or unfulfilled desire about a home or house.  Travel at the end is a card of movement or change.  Happiness mirrors the wish card and is flying away fm the Home, and may involve a move.  

A wish for a home has been thwarted and is looking to move up.  Is the person wanting Mikel's home?

Actually, I think you called it well. See how the Fish reflect the Valises? This is a person who has been bouncing around, drifting, possibly done some stints of homelessness. Their travels were sad. But the three center cards say that what they want is a stable home, that they would be find happiness in this, and the Ship is saying that they end up getting one, and soon. Wish cards rock.

I'm not seeing any danger here. At worst this is someone who is on medication, something like that. They've been through a lot. But harmless. I think they took a picture of the house simply because they like it. Maybe it reminds them of a place they used to live, or it's the kind of place they want.


It wasn't anything sinister or covert. If it had been, it would have been done in such a way that you probably wouldn't even notice it.

 

Here's a visual, for anyone who wants one. 

 

1901877121_20191203_1748092.thumb.jpg.6793e2c98d30ecc725c961db7e7f3e1f.jpg

 

 

Edited by katrinka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Decan

Now I understand this spread, the way you read the Fish card here Katrinka looks really that!

Actually I’m happy that it is a deck which gives great results because I had a big crush for it the first time.

It’s all about to handle it the proper way, as always!

Edited by Decan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bastetly
5 hours ago, katrinka said:

Actually, I think you called it well. See how the Fish reflect the Valises? This is a person who has been bouncing around, drifting, possibly done some stints of homelessness. Their travels were sad. But the three center cards say that what they want is a stable home, that they would be find happiness in this, and the Ship is saying that they end up getting one, and soon. Wish cards rock.

Wow, katrinka, I feel like I''m looking at that  ligne a cinq w fresh eyes 🤩  And thank you much for the visual. This deck is so pretty. I'm so relieved the cards made sense.  California does not only attract houseless folk, but creates them. Relieved the cards showed no ill intentions.  I'm wondering if that was the man that came to my door today wanting my old rusty shovel and some work.  He's a bit looney, been around here for some years, sometimes on foot or riding past on a bicycle, maybe on drugs, but I've been told he is basically harmless (I do think he steals tho).  Same body type.  But getting a home?   mmm,,,    a    y    b    e    e   

I'll just try to stay vigilant  but I feel better,  esp if I trust the cards on this.  And I can always do another line!  (later I mean)

FT cards are interesting tools 🤓

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
katrinka
36 minutes ago, bastetly said:

California does not only attract houseless folk, but creates them.

Yeah. There's always been some, but the photos and stories I'm seeing from LA and other cities these days are alarming. The cost of living is outrageous. A lot of people work full time and live in cars. And I think gentrification contributes to it a lot. When I was a kid, there were run down hotels, flophouses, really, where people could get a cheap room for a night or a week or whatever. They were substandard, but the people were sleeping inside. Not on pavement. But somebody decided they were eyesore buildings full of winos and undesirables, and I guess they thought everybody would just evaporate or something if they kicked them out.

36 minutes ago, bastetly said:

Relieved the cards showed no ill intentions.  I'm wondering if that was the man that came to my door today wanting my old rusty shovel and some work.  He's a bit looney, been around here for some years, sometimes on foot or riding past on a bicycle, maybe on drugs, but I've been told he is basically harmless (I do think he steals tho).

Probably. A lot of people in that situation will do petty theft.
Some of them take it too far. We have a guy in town that people have tried to help, hired him to clean up their yards or whatever, and he always ends up stealing something from them. Now nobody wants anything to do with him.

36 minutes ago, bastetly said:

  Same body type.  But getting a home?   mmm,,,    a    y    b    e    e   

He might be on a waiting list for housing. Or somebody might have pity on him and let him stay over their garage or something. If he's on disability, he (or rather, the payee who manages his checks) can pay a little rent.

It won't be like the tall house he's taking pictures of (if he's the same guy), but home is home.

36 minutes ago, bastetly said:

I'll just try to stay vigilant  but I feel better,  esp if I trust the cards on this.  And I can always do another line!  (later I mean)

I've learned to trust the cards. There's nothing to worry about with this guy. That crowd next door are the ones to watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.