Grizabella

I'm Growing Roots!

Grizabella

This afternoon my oldest son came and took measurements for my deck! I'm so excited! I didn't know they were going to build that so soon.

I actually feel much more stable and settled now.  Those of you who know me from AT know how many times I've said I was never going to move again----but every time I started seeing the Tower coming around, I'd find out that, once again----I was moving!  Now it's finally sinking into my heart that this time, I really won't be moving again. I live surrounded by the national forest, though so if there's a forest fire that comes through here, I might have to leave temporarily and maybe I'd find myself having lost everything again but I choose to think positively. Maybe there are people here who could send some positive and optimistic energy this way, too.  It will be very much appreciated. 

I feel like skipping and singing. Now I can make a container garden on the deck and I can have some hanging baskets of flowers. And I can have a couple of chairs to sit outside and just enjoy the scenery and the weather. I have a set of Go (the board game) and I can sit on the deck and invite a passerby who can play a game with me. I also have Mah Jongg and maybe I can reel in three other people to play a game of that, too, now and then.

Raggydoll

This is wonderful! I’m so happy for you! Lots of positive energy sent your way ❤️

DanielJUK

I hope this is a wonderful safe settled place for you Griz ❤️ I would love to live in a forest! I love containers and baskets of flowers, I am always amused over here that people buy them premade from shops, they are much more expensive than making your own, you can buy the same plants for about 1/4 of the premade price 🙂

anyway love to you dear friend, enjoy your new place! Looking forwards to your deck one day 🙂

Grizabella

Daniel, have you ever thought you might be psychic?  Just kidding---some people don't like the term---but I've actually been thinking of doing a Lenormand and if that's a success, maybe a Tarot deck. 🙂 Right now I'm building my website so it decks won't be my priority till I get that done.

I'm approaching this as a business and I'll be keeping some specific hours and all that stuff a business requires. The information will all be on my website. Some of it is already there. I really need to be earning money so I can provide for myself and 

This evening I'll go out and take some photos of my surroundings. I'll share some if you want. It's very beautiful here, especially in the hiking trails.  This is one of those beautiful old places where everything looks like green velvet because it's covered with a beautiful coating of green moss. It's supposed to be ten degrees cooler today, not up into the 90's like it's been for a few days, so if it really doesn't get boiling hot, I'll go out to do some photos. If it's above 90 again, I'll wait.  I have a weather app on my phone but it's pretty unreliable because I'm in such an out-of-the-way place. The first day it hit 94 degrees, my app was predicting high 70's, low 80's. I empathize with the frog sitting in water on the stove---I didn't know it was that hot outside.

Grizabella
On 7/27/2019 at 2:30 AM, Raggydoll said:

This is wonderful! I’m so happy for you! Lots of positive energy sent your way ❤️

Thank you for being happy for me.  🙂  I'm still not quite able to grasp the reality that this is truly  where I'm staying and that I won't have to move anymore.

Grizabella
On 7/27/2019 at 2:42 AM, DanielJUK said:

I hope this is a wonderful safe settled place for you Griz ❤️ I would love to live in a forest! I love containers and baskets of flowers, I am always amused over here that people buy them premade from shops, they are much more expensive than making your own, you can buy the same plants for about 1/4 of the premade price 🙂

anyway love to you dear friend, enjoy your new place! Looking forwards to your deck one day 🙂

Thank you so much Daniel. And I agree that making things oneself is much cheaper than buying things new.

Oh gosh, I don't know if I'm that talented with art  to produce a deck. I could design a Lenormand, though I think.

ashjey

That sounds like a dream home! I'm so excited for you! ❤️ 

Hedera
On 7/27/2019 at 10:36 AM, Grizabella said:

This afternoon my oldest son came and took measurements for my deck! I'm so excited! 

Oh, how wonderful!!

Congratulations!

The bit quoted above had me puzzled for a sec, thinking : "you're designing a deck - starting with some kind of measurements?" 😉

A deck on a house in the forest sounds like bliss!

A place to invite people to a game - or perhaps to pull some tarot cards... 🙂

Joan Marie
Posted (edited)

No one understands the feeling of home and what it really means more than someone like you, who has moved around a lot.

That's why I know the feeling will last. 

I'm really happy for you Griz. 

Enjoy the coziness. ☕

Edited by Joan Marie
clarity

Eric

Roots of trees in the forest grown deep with stability for generations. The energy of the forest around is yours to absorb now Grizabella.

Grizabella
On 8/3/2019 at 5:51 PM, ashjey said:

That sounds like a dream home! I'm so excited for you! ❤️ 

I'm excited for myself, too. It's been almost a year since I moved here to my permanent home and it's a year exactly since I moved back to Oregon but finally I'm beginning to relax into this. I was thinking about it a couple of days ago. I noticed I haven't been waiting for the other shoe to drop.  It's a good feeling. 🙂

Grizabella
9 hours ago, Hedera said:

Oh, how wonderful!!

Congratulations!

The bit quoted above had me puzzled for a sec, thinking : "you're designing a deck - starting with some kind of measurements?" 😉

A deck on a house in the forest sounds like bliss!

A place to invite people to a game - or perhaps to pull some tarot cards... 🙂

I didn't think of using the word "deck" might be confusing. lol  No,  there's not a Tarot deck in the works.  🙂

Rupicapra

Sounds amazing @Grizabella, how lovely to know that you are happy and settled in your home, it sounds like a stunning place. Enjoy ❤️

Grizabella
8 hours ago, Joan Marie said:

No one understands the feeling of home and what it really means more than someone like you, who has moved around a lot.

That's why I know the feeling will last. 

I'm really happy for you Griz. 

Enjoy the coziness. ☕

Believe me, I do enjoy it here. All the people who live here are very friendly with everyone else and everyone kind of looks out for everyone else. It's like a big extended family.

Grizabella

The lumber for my deck (not Tarot lol ) was delivered a couple of days ago. I'm getting more and more excited about it. We had a few days of rain and are predicted to have more on the coming weekend so I don't know when the actual building will take place, but it's going to be wonderful, whenever it happens. 

Saturn Celeste
1 hour ago, Grizabella said:

but it's going to be wonderful, whenever it happens.

You'll have room to do your crafts outside when the weather is good!! I'm really happy for you, Griz! :animated-smileys-hug-002:

Grizabella
2 hours ago, Saturn Celeste said:

You'll have room to do your crafts outside when the weather is good!! I'm really happy for you, Griz! :animated-smileys-hug-002:

I'm getting ready to do just that. 😄  I've been organizing and arranging things inside so that I can know where everything is and get to the "fixin's" really easily. I was just looking ahead at the weather to see what it's supposed to be and today it's 91 degrees.  Too hot! But I do have A/C if I decide to use it. I may just go over and sit by the creek for awhile first, though. I only get the really hot sun for about 3 hours before the sun goes behind the mountain in the afternoon. Once it goes behind there, the temperature drastically drops off from there. It's quite comfy the rest of the day, though. It's just that the snow storm took out some trees that were keeping this area in shade all day and between 3pm and 6:30 pm it hits right into my living room windows. 

Next week, though, it's going to get up to around 100 degrees for a week according to the online weather thing, and that's when I'm going to have to either resort to A/C or else go sit IN the creek, not just beside it.