Deck of The Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 108 : August 3- August 10

VGimlet

This thread is for those who would like to work through their collection of decks.  Each week we will be picking a new deck to work with exclusively for the week.

Anyone is welcome. Please join us!

1. Please post with your chosen deck for the week.

2. Chat away about your deck, how you're finding it etc.

Participants:

1. VGimlet - Millennium Thoth

2. Mi-shell - Stone Tarot

3. Bodhiseed - Buckland Romani Tarot paired with the Lakota Sweat Lodge Cards

4. Madame Squee - Antique Anatomy Tarot, Ed. II and Oracle of Oddities, 1st & 2nd Ed.

5. Katie - DMT+CBDTdM

6. AJ-ish/Sharyn - Cather Tarot

7. Scarlet Woodland - Mary-El Tarot

(418)

Edited by VGimlet

A little late posting this - but just spaced yesterday as I had a Day Off from everything, LOL. 

I will be trying again with the Millennium Thoth - as I just looked at it out of the corner of my eye all week.  

I will be doing 1 more week with the Stone Tarot.

As mentioned in last week's thread, I have given up on trying to learn Stone's newly developed Tarot system.

It has good ideas, but is altogether too depressing with all cards 6 to 10 being VERY negative. So this week I will just use the deck like an Oracle and enjoy the artwork - before it goes into a basket in a dark and dusty corner.....

2049083361_DSCN3809(600x486).jpg.74ab475e2c831100171dd391fbd8587b.jpg

A Day Off from Everything sounds delightful, VGimlet.👍  I'm in this week with the Buckland Romani Tarot paired with the Lakota Sweat Lodge Cards.

Madame Squee

Thank you for the thread, VG. 💐

Antique Anatomy Tarot, Ed. II and Oracle of Oddities, 1st & 2nd Ed. 🌿💀🥀

34 minutes ago, Madame Squee said:

Wow! @Mi-Shell the Stone Tarot artwork is really striking. I love those cards. 

Yes, the artwork is nice!

The 3 above are the 3 "least nice"  - leave it to me to draw them all for my morning reading yesterday...

Check out the Stone Tarot deck thread to see the nicer ones 🙂

Scarlet Woodland

Hiya everyone,

After a looong tarot break I'm back in the saddle with the 2nd edition Mary-El Tarot.

Welcome back Scarlet Woodland.    So far the Millenneum Thoth is holding up well after the Blue Tornado came skidding in on wet paws and slid into the MT on the counter.  He dearly loves his wading pool, and has to come in and let me know every so often how excited he is about playing in it, LOL.  

12 hours ago, VGimlet said:

Welcome back Scarlet Woodland.    So far the Millenneum Thoth is holding up well after the Blue Tornado came skidding in on wet paws and slid into the MT on the counter.  He dearly loves his wading pool, and has to come in and let me know every so often how excited he is about playing in it, LOL.  

Other than the MT accident, that sounds adorable!🤗

From the Buckland Romani Tarot, the Page of Cups/Koros; from the Lakota Sweat Lodge Cards, 'Motion:'

pagecups.jpgmotion.jpg

This young lass has had little worldly experience, so each new emotion she feels with her tender heart is like a new color from the giant-size Crayola box. She's not yet learned to harden her heart or detach from drama, so she's open to every relationship. She is like her cousins (the Pages of other Suits) - every encounter is seen with fresh eyes and an uncluttered mind. On the downside, her sensitivity can be a bit much for older adults. But it won't last for long, as the Motion card implies. Everything created or born is always changing. Hopefully, her gentleness won't completely disappear but will be given some balance with discernment. Such tender hearts are what often remind the curmudgeons that life still has some kindness left in it.

When death comes it is never our tenderness that we repent from, but our severity.

~George Eliot

So made that 7 card spread using 2 decks again.

20190805_070613.thumb.jpg.1b7d8f8d36a496fb384eca4ad07ea24a.jpg

Funny to see STRENGTH appear another time. I love this set-up with 7 cards, 2 decks. Seems like I finally get some CUPS energy. But the TOWER... I have to think about that and be prepared for something. 

Scarlet Woodland
23 hours ago, Bodhiseed said:

Welcome back, @Scarlet Woodland!

20 hours ago, VGimlet said:

Thanks guys, it's good to be back. Glad your deck survived VG 😁.

So many gorgeous decks this week! Think I'd be jealous if I was using anything other than the Mary-El. The 2nd edition is so much easier to wrangle and is reading great straight out of the box.

Heavy work week this week so mostly just daily draws for now but we should have a couple days off together later in the week. I hope. Please?

So much going on at work so I haven't had the time to go through every card in the spread so I asked my lovely little DMT deck for clarification this morning and got this lovely Queen of Cups.

20190807_065416.thumb.jpg.eb6ce3d10689b792b94b7de393c2376b.jpg

There is this nice section "affirmations" in the book Holistic Tarot [page 612: "My empathy and display of tenderness wins their loyalty", so I just picked that up and went to work. My work involves meeting a lot of individuals and at some point I felt mu energy went down the drain...then I began to focus on this card "queen of cups" for a couple of seconds and felt the balance comming back. Love how tarot with its' pictoral essence can help.

Katie

PS Oups, just realized she (cups queen) was already in the 2x7 cards spread. Nice.... I love tarot 😅👍

Edited by Katie

On 8/5/2019 at 2:54 PM, Scarlet Woodland said:

Thanks guys, it's good to be back. Glad your deck survived VG 😁.

So many gorgeous decks this week! Think I'd be jealous if I was using anything other than the Mary-El. The 2nd edition is so much easier to wrangle and is reading great straight out of the box.

Heavy work week this week so mostly just daily draws for now but we should have a couple days off together later in the week. I hope. Please?

I trimmed one of my 1st edition Mary-El decks, which helped a lot, but I should open up my 2nd ed. and take a look.  Probably my most favorite deck, and the one I use for myself if I need advice past my daily draws.   

Looking back. My 7 card spread is a little too big. I have used the picture in Dark Mansion queen of cups to get focused this week. I love that deck (should I buy two of them?) it is "kind"/positive but not too gentle, still serious.

Katie

AJ-ish/Sharyn

back-up decks were quite the rage a few years ago. If I were to limit myself to just two or three absolute favorite decks, I'd probably maybe possibly get backups. But decks are incredibly sturdy in actuality and a well worn deck shows the love. Clean hands, clean reading space are more important I think? 

I rarely if ever buy more than one copy of a deck, unless it is a different edition that adds or changes  something about the deck. 

Exceptions are  the Aquarian Tarot as my original (bought in 1972, when I was 11) is too fragile to use anymore,  the Gilded, which is my carry deck and it's very battered and distressed (I may be switching it out for the new one soon-ish)  and as I said in my earlier post the Mary-El, which I bought 2 copies of the first edition (one I trimmed, one I didn't) and a copy of the 2nd edition - because it's the closest I'll come to 'the one' .    I use the trimmed deck for my personal reading deck.

I liked the Millennium Thoth,  it was a decent alternative to the original.      

Edited by VGimlet

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.