chongjasmine

What Major Arcana Is Your Favorite?

Me too, high priestess. BUT I sort of love them all. AND the court cards. AND the pip cards 😁

Katie

I’m not sure if I dare say it, but what the heck - at this point in time I’m particularly fond of the hierophant, especially seen in conjunction with the Hanged man. I should probably point out that I do not work with the hierophant from the ‘organized religious’ standpoint, but rather as the archetype of the pontiff = bridge between the above and below (much like a shaman). And that’s how the Hanged man fits into the picture because while the hierophant has his/hers outer path of service to others, they also have their personal path. And I do believe that any such a person will find the need to continuously string themselves upside down from the world tree to re-evaluate and rebalance themself, both in order to strengthening and clearing their connection and to be open to receiving new insights and perspectives (plus to maintain ones humility as to not manifest the shadow elements of the Hierophant archetype).

I looooove the Magus/Magician, Temperance, and the Star.

I started paying attention to the Magus after it appeared a few times at key points in different spreads that represented my truest self and how others saw me. After that point I really became interested in how the Magus connects to the human experience, and it became a bit of a patron for me. I really love the manifestation of the higher being into the physical, lower being. Especially when combined with Temperance, which, as I am a non-binary individual, it being a balancing card, often traditionally portrayed as impossible to tell whether it's female or male, is really really cool for me. The idea of Temperance bringing in the opposites of the higher universe and combining them to create an almost controlled chaos, a "peaceful chaos", that forms our spiritual path, while the Magus takes this spiritual guide and manifests it into the physical world is something that I love. The two of them together are like the perfect blend of random flow being generated, and then being able to ride that flow, or even "everything happens for a reason" combined with "and you can make that reason worthwhile."

And the Star is. You know. Just such a lovely card, how could you not love it? Wishing stars have always been such a dreamy symbol, so to have a card that holds that kind of magic is wonderful.

Considering every time I pass a mirror I think...you handsome devil, & my love of Pan's exquisite naughtiness, not forgetting my worship of Satan Himself, then my obvious choice is going The Hermit.

2 minutes ago, Cookie said:

Considering every time I pass a mirror I think...you handsome devil, & my love of Pan's exquisite naughtiness, not forgetting my worship of Satan Himself, then my obvious choice is going The Hermit.

I thought you were going to say Hierophant, darn it! 😁 That description was so spot on! ☺️

26 minutes ago, Cookie said:

my love of Pan's exquisite naughtiness

So true!!

I'm a Star and Moon kinda gal.  It's funny because they are both nighttime cards but that's what I love about them.  When I was driving truck, I had the night shift and have a strong attachment to the moon and star.  As an Elder Scrolls player, I worship Azura. 😉

I used to say the Devil but I'm tired of him, been doing him so long.  But I'm still a sucker for a fine Devil card!

The Wheel. 

There is another thread currently asking which Major people see as the most positive.  For me they're the same.  I'm going to copy and paste what I wrote there.  I like it the most for the same reason.

"The Major that I see as the most positive is the Wheel of Fortune.  It tells us that we are always here, it is always now, everything is always exactly as it must be and everything is always changing.  As my signature reminds us, everything changes; everything is connected; pay attention."

It's really hard for me to choose a favorite because my favorite cards in different decks are all different. What speaks to me in the art of one deck might be missing in another. That being said the card I am usually most excited to see in a reading is the Tower. It feels like the color orange to me. When I see orange I get happy, 'OOOH Orange!" It always excites me. Same with the Tower. "OOH something's changing!" Excitement. I get that I'm probably not supposed to be excited by that card but I like change and I'm surrounded by people who don't so I don't really see being shaken out of complacency as a bad thing.

23 hours ago, Grandma said:

The Wheel. 

There is another thread currently asking which Major people see as the most positive.  For me they're the same.  I'm going to copy and paste what I wrote there.  I like it the most for the same reason.

"The Major that I see as the most positive is the Wheel of Fortune.  It tells us that we are always here, it is always now, everything is always exactly as it must be and everything is always changing.  As my signature reminds us, everything changes; everything is connected; pay attention."

Isn't also positive Judgement card?

I see that one as neutral on its own. Something starting up again, it could be good or bad depending on neighboring cards.

First comes for me The World. Then comes The Sun. Third The Chariot or The Star.

However, combinations matter; for example, The Death and the World may indicate the sucessful end of a circle and the beginning of another. When I got this combination I received a job offer. But the Death and the Chariot may indicate car accident. Always pay attention to what comes next. 

The Temperance and The Judgment have also been good to me (according to my experience). I like the healing power of The Star, although sometimes even the most positive card can be negative. Imagine The Tower following The Sun... which probably indicates short vicroty, or that the querent must pay attention not to become too arrogant due to his success or the light of the Sun will give a nasty burn as a consequence of his/her imprudence. 

The Star always amazes me and is my favorite card of all times. I always try to put an emphasize on it in our new tarot decks. 🎉