Which Card of The Major Arcana You Take As The 'Most Positive'?

Mark Foot

This is an old thread but I'm jumping in 🙂 I'm new and still getting a feel for my deck, so this may change, but for me the Wheel of Fortune is standing out as the most positive card. With this one, I feel like, even whatever it is isn't great, this card to me represents things are how they should be, or if reversed, it's part of my journey and I have the ability to change the situation and make it better, and to learn from it. So it's kind of like the Universe is telling me what I need to know, to get to where I need to be. Kind of like a "even if things go bad, you have the power to make them better" sort of thing. This is the first card that 'spoke to me'.

There are two cards I always like to see coming up in a reading ...particularly in a 'future' part of the layout. The Magician, and The Star—both upright, of course.

The Magician, to me, always means empowerment ...whatever needs to be done I (or the querent) can do it. We already have the means and the skill.  It will go well.

For me, The Star always means the bad stuff is over.  If I've been sick, it means I'm better.  If I've been in some difficulty, it means that period is over and I can now relax and recuperate. 

Edited by Chariot

I love this thread! For me the World is always positive. Even if it signals an ending, it shows me that there is a level up and next phase on the horizon. 

On 8/21/2022 at 8:40 AM, Chariot said:

There are two cards I always like to see coming up in a reading ...particularly in a 'future' part of the layout. The Magician, and The Star—both upright, of course.

The Magician, to me, always means empowerment ...whatever needs to be done I (or the querent) can do it. We already have the means and the skill.  It will go well.

For me, The Star always means the bad stuff is over.  If I've been sick, it means I'm better.  If I've been in some difficulty, it means that period is over and I can now relax and recuperate. 

I like this interpretation of The Magician. I think it does relate to the whereby particularly in a future/outcome position and it can be advising the querent to manifest and practice the law of attraction to achieve the outcome s/he desires. 

Personally the star i just can't and never seen a negative meaning on it and i really do like it as well see i could say the sun but since it can also address physical I've spotted it as a health issue on someone once i do not even remember a combination i may saw cause it came intuitively and the sun also has several other negative meanings on a reading it's not just happiness etc and empress and the high priestess the magician etc which are also cards i love can all have a negative meaning

On 5/16/2022 at 4:37 AM, Guest said:

… for me the Wheel of Fortune is standing out as the most positive card. 

In GD and RWS (and Thoth?) WoF is Jupiter. Astrologically, Jupiter is the Great Benefic. So, yeah.

Empress as Venus is also benefic.

Other than that … I think context rules what is positive. For example Star or Judgement might be very positive for a health question.

WoF very positive for a financial question. Empress if you want to get pregnant. Emperor if you want to get organized. Even Death if you just applied for a job at a mortuary };>

Edited by Misterei

On 11/27/2022 at 5:22 PM, November said:

I think that all Major Arcanas, but also the Minors can be both positive and negative.. Personally, I see all tarots quite neutral. 

I agree. I cannot see any card as positive of negative without context.

On 11/27/2022 at 12:22 PM, November said:

I think that all Major Arcanas, but also the Minors can be both positive and negative.. Personally, I see all tarots quite neutral. 

On 11/29/2022 at 7:08 AM, gregory said:

I agree.

I partly agree and I partly don't.

On 11/29/2022 at 7:08 AM, gregory said:

I cannot see any card as positive of negative without context.

This part I agree with. Where I differ is just as I don't see any card per se as positive or negative without context, neither do I see any card as neutral. Rather, each card is an incredible repository of all possible meanings, positive, negative, and neutral alike. Every card represents a panorama of all possible representations of the energy and meaning of the card.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Our Forum host is raising their prices, so every little bit helps!

Guests

Thank you for paying us a visit!

Please consider joining and the Google Ads will vanish.

Registered Members

The only ads you will see are those run by your fellow readers, who so kindly support our forum.

Please consider turning off AdBlock so their contribution isn't in vain!