More Fun With Dice And Cards

Barleywine

Here is another spread that uses dice and cards in collaboration. I'm not entirely sure its flexible enough for all situations, but I like the methodology. I will be doing some practice readings with it and may tweak it

https://parsifalswheeldivination.com/2019/08/17/roll-them-bones-situational-awareness-spread/

Roll Them Bones Spread.JPG

Edited by Barleywine
Corrected graphic

Very nice. I have various sets of dice from my ill-fated adventures into DnD, which include not just the d6 but also d20, d12, d10(00-90), etc. Like Eamane have been looking for ideas on using them alongside tarot. This spread seems like a good starting point.

1 hour ago, Eamane said:

This is sooo interesting! I was just thinking (and playing) on how to incorporate a dice into my readings... Thanks!

I have half-a-dozen dice and card spreads scattered around my blog. Most are simpler than this one.

1 hour ago, alyce said:

Very nice. I have various sets of dice from my ill-fated adventures into DnD, which include not just the d6 but also d20, d12, d10(00-90), etc. Like Eamane have been looking for ideas on using them alongside tarot. This spread seems like a good starting point.

I will be posting an example reading tomorrow.

Saturn Celeste
7 hours ago, Barleywine said:

Here is a link to my "test" reading for this spread.

https://parsifalswheeldivination.com/2019/08/18/a-roll-them-bones-example-reading/

I read your blog.  I will try this technique out myself at least find some of your other dice/card spreads.

My third step will be to rethink my position on avoiding on-line readings, but that one is a long shot that my next post will address.

I'd like to read the next entry about your online intention or not.  I can't think of doing a face to face reading professionally for the life of me, I never leave my house!  And my son and I don't want people in our house either.  We have 13 cats and should anyone be allergic I fear a lawsuit at least not a returning customer  It's just not in my cards. 😉

19 hours ago, Saturn Celeste said:

I read your blog.  I will try this technique out myself at least find some of your other dice/card spreads.

I'd like to read the next entry about your online intention or not.  I can't think of doing a face to face reading professionally for the life of me, I never leave my house!  And my son and I don't want people in our house either.  We have 13 cats and should anyone be allergic I fear a lawsuit at least not a returning customer  It's just not in my cards. 😉

Here is the post I mentioned that proposes another way I would consider doing on-line readings.

https://parsifalswheeldivination.com/2019/08/19/an-alternate-approach-to-on-line-reading/

Another use for the dice I have thought of lately. Let each face number represent a given deck, and whatever number you roll is the deck you pick for your next reading. This provides a higher degree of accuracy because the cards are drawn from a shuffle of shuffled decks, so to speak. Depending on the dice you have you could use a d4 (four decks) up to a d00-90 and d10 together (one hundred decks, where the former dice represents the tens digit and the latter represents the singles digit). I personally find the d12 most suitable for my needs.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.