Youtube video recommendations?

chongjasmine

On 9/30/2017 at 4:20 AM, EmpyreanKnight said:

If you have a copy of Benebell Wen's Holistic Tarot, be sure to check out her YouTube channel. She has a bunch of videos there that complements her book's extensive Online Companion Course. Hats off to her and her book. It's the gift that keeps on giving.

And on the opposite end of the spectrum, I'd like to recommend Camelia Elias Read Like the Devil. I adore her. Her teachings freed me from Golden Dawn and other systems that had, for me, been a constraint. Her book, Marseille Tarot: Towards the Art of Reading, was a jolt of lightning to my inner tarot fire! 

Edited by Carla

I like Kelly-Ann Maddox. She has a beginner Tarot course that I found helpful when I first started getting back into Tarot. She also has a lot of videos on Tarot Shadow Work, Self-Love, and other topics that are less often covered by others. 

On 9/20/2019 at 5:09 PM, Pixie said:

I like Kelly-Ann Maddox. She has a beginner Tarot course that I found helpful when I first started getting back into Tarot. She also has a lot of videos on Tarot Shadow Work, Self-Love, and other topics that are less often covered by others. 

Yes, she feels genuine and covers a lot of areas in life. Here is a direct link to her YouTube channel. Cheers! 

I like John Ballantrae. He talks around the topic he's chosen, digressing, backtracking, approaching the subject laterally. He never says "This is like this", he allows us to reach our own understanding as we follow his meandering train of thought. Often the significance of what he says only seeps into our consciousness long after the video has finished. He comes across as self-effacing and deeply human.

What I really about his videos, though, are his measured tones and soft, Scottish accent.

Here's his channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2fId7s7OdtTrnPeZe1JcBw

• TarotOracle has a whole tarot beginners and intermediate course for free on his YouTube - just check out his playlists.  He also has playlists for topics such as "card combos" and "court cards".

• Tom Benjamin has some great videos. Note that he has changed his style of reading since doing Camelia Elias's course - so his older videos will be different to how he approaches things now. Either way some great thoughts there.

• John Ballantrae (as Yaroslav mentioned) has a huge amount of knowledge.

• Dusty White (dustywhite2 on YouTube) doesn't upload anymore but has some excellent videos. He's not everyone's cup of tea, that's for sure - but he knows his stuff and is more on the practical side with some great info and exercises there for you.

• Tarot Living doesn't upload anymore but there's lots of interesting teaching videos on her channel.

• Benebell Wen (as Carla mentioned) - although not sure where you are in your journey with tarot... if you're super new then you'll want her book as the videos alone might be too much as she goes quite in depth.

14 hours ago, Pretzel said:

Dusty White (dustywhite2 on YouTube) doesn't upload anymore but has some excellent videos.

Thank you for that, I like his casual de-mystified style - and yes, he knows his stuff

Vincent Pitischi is an interesting reader/teacher-sage, and relatable person w decades of reading professionally. 

He is also an author of several books. 

On YT he reads w the Rider-Waite and the Marseille. 

As others have said, I really enjoy John Ballantrae's videos, his knowledge is incredible.

I also like Madelyn at Contemporary Tarot, her short and concise videos have been indispensable for me. She has compiled a library of potential ways to approach each of the cards and covers a lot of information in five minutes or less. It's not exactly a deep dive but as I have a five year old, being able to plug in my headphones and listen to one of her videos when I'm chopping onions for example has been very helpful!

I like Roseology's pick a card methods, I particularly enjoy the claraudient option, and her collection of crystals is also very beautiful!

I see Tom Benjamin mentioned. I really like his stuff. He just has such a fun -- and frankly adorable -- personality. 

Carla beat me to Camelia Elias. She's one of my biggest influences right now. Along with more substantive things, her channel has some cool little videos with not much content but super high production values... neat to watch as sparks for inspiration.

Justin Michael's Titans of Tarot interviews are quite good.

A couple less well-known ones...

The Cards.n.Colors guy has a lovely voice, and I think he is especially good at walk throughs. 

I get a kick out of Esoteric Rain. She has that stereotypical Israeli take-no-crap brusqueness (which I find appealing), and she has some good insights. In her book, her schema for arranging suits by seasons, cardinal directions, and major energies is the one that makes the most sense to me. I have completely adopted it: it is very much like what I had developed but she made one flip that makes everything fall into place. 

Edited by BradGad