Deck of The Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 111 : August 24- August 30

VGimlet

This thread is for those who would like to work through their collection of decks.  Each week we will be picking a new deck to work with exclusively for the week.

Anyone is welcome. Please join us!

1. Please post with your chosen deck for the week.

2. Chat away about your deck, how you're finding it etc.

Participants:

1.  VGimlet - Stolen Child Tarot

2. Katie - Large Edition of Dark Mansion Tarot. Plus maybe Botanical Inspirations

3. Aj-ish/Sharyn - Rogue Tarot

4. Mi-shell - Anieth Nature deck and the Waterbirds and Wildfowl Playing Cards

5. Bodhiseed - Da Vinci Enigma Tarot and the Insectorum Divinorum

6. Madame Squee - Otherkin Tarot and a cleromancy set (of trinkets, coins, and bits of jewlery)

(421)

Edited by VGimlet

Back again for another week with the Stolen Child.   I need a little more time with it, I think.   I also think I'll be using it again.

AJ-ish/Sharyn

hi guys! Rogue Tarot for me again. Because this deck was made up with the help of friends, many of the cards are from decks I don't have. Today's draw was the 7 of swords from the New Era Elements by ellegator from deviantart. It shows the fallout from a nest thief, the little bird mother stuck with a giant  baby... interesting. 

A cowbird can lay 40 eggs over a two month period, slipped one at a time into the unsuspecting foster mother's nest. 7 of swords indeed. 

I will have a very busy week and may not have much time for Tarot.

So I will stick with the Anieth Nature deck and because people like it, I will do a few more Daily Bird cards - This time with the Waterbirds and Wildfowl Playing Cards:

51cWa-SDZtL._SX425_.jpg.4d5355cfcb0d5737c6825c818cd54ff0.jpg

Bird of the Day

2 of Diamonds - Kingfisher

This being the 2 of Diamonds, which speaks of partnership and cooperation, I feel this kingfisher is catching fish either for his partner or for the fledgling now sitting on a high branch near the nest site screeeeeeaming for the Adults to feed them.

so if you encounter a solitary person patiently waiting  - keep in mind, that he/ she is not alone and actually, you are dealing with at least 2 individuals, maybe a whole family.

It however also means, that YOU yourself are NEVER as alone as you think, helping hands are just 1 post away!

We are all here!

Kingfisher-A.jpg.6bb5ab2f1fad239c8256a2095053084c.jpg

Great reading @Mi-Shell! And you know what? I' ve been waiting so for you to draw a Kingfisher card. I had tried for years to see one and about a month ago it finally happened. I was by myself standing by the river while my husband was parking the car. It flied and landed on a small tree on the other side of the river, about 10 meters from me. It felt like I was in a dream. It gave the impression to be a powerful animal. The sound from it was quite "dominating". And the vibrant colours! When my husband came it was gone for over half an hour and then it came again 3 times. We took this photo with a compact handheld camera.

Kungsfiskare190725.thumb.jpg.07c405f8939656ab07521390744c6bfd.jpg

It's as my life changed and was divided in two parts; one before and one part after seeing it.

This week I'll be using the Da Vinci Enigma Tarot, created by Caitlin Matthews and published by Connections. Along with it, I'll be drawing from a self-published oracle created by Esmeralda Rupp-Spangle called the Insectorum Divinorum. Today's cards are Ten of Fire (Wands) and the Hive:

10w.jpgHive.jpg

In Da Vinci's sketch, men attempt to use a crane to hoist a cannon. The dimmi (literally 'tell me') asks: "What is weighing you down?" The burdens we carry may appear to be created by external sources, but in reality, pride, promises made, and 'shoulds' keep us invested in following through with them. So what's the difference between being dependable and being overly responsible? Psychologist Ellen Hendriksen lists four signs: taking on guilt for everything (even what we have no control over), avoiding conflict (don't risk upsetting anyone), feeling used (people become trained by our behavior), and feeling competent and needed (our self-worth is based on what we do). The Hive card shows a collective that works together for the benefit of all. Obviously, being overloaded does not fit this ideal. But what do we do about it? Hendriksen gives some suggestions: return responsibilities to whom they belong, accept all offers of help, and shift from saving others to launching others.

22 hours ago, Katie said:

Great reading @Mi-Shell! And you know what? I' ve been waiting so for you to draw a Kingfisher card. I had tried for years to see one and about a month ago it finally happened. I was by myself standing by the river while my husband was parking the car. It flied and landed on a small tree on the other side of the river, about 10 meters from me. It felt like I was in a dream. It gave the impression to be a powerful animal. The sound from it was quite "dominating". And the vibrant colours! When my husband came it was gone for over half an hour and then it came again 3 times. We took this photo with a compact handheld camera.

Kungsfiskare190725.thumb.jpg.07c405f8939656ab07521390744c6bfd.jpg

It's as my life changed and was divided in two parts; one before and one part after seeing it.

Oh Wohw!!

that is nice to see! thank you! ♥

Our kingfishers here in Canada look  bit different = Blue = Belted Kingfisher. We have some nesting on our land nn85.jpg.e8445a689e4c7ba1d7f65856b6cb6331.jpg

Bird of the day

King of Hearts - Little Egret

today, befitting for a Sunday we have a very showy Bird with magnificent silky fine plumage.

it feels to me, that that in itself is an invitation to dress up a little and go somewhere - maybe for a nice luncheon or dinner....

with YOUR King/ Queen of Hearts!

The King of Hearts is pointing towards a warmhearted, compassionate and romantic individual, a generous friend and loving father. In later years he may become a bit withdrawn and more spiritually inclined. All the more reason, to dress up for him and lure him out of the house for a candlelight dinner....♥

(???? got a white silky dress??)

553670329_littleEgret.jpg.8f02875b4c532d5924ed199ac5b000ef.jpg

Madame Squee

Thank you for the thread, VG. 💐

Please sign me up with the Otherkin Tarot and a cleromancy set (of trinkets, coins, and bits of jewlery).

Madame Squee

@Bodhiseed I've been a huge fan of Esmeralda's Silent Tarot for years. (I have two large decks and one standard.) Unfortunately, I missed out on Insectorum Divinorum, but I'm excited to see it in action this week. :dancing-cat:

Bird of the day:

Leave it to me, to pull the Queen of Hearts just after the king of Hearts!

She even wears a little feather crown and has a rather talkative personality. She knows stuff and lets you know, that she does! So, careful with opinions, that differ from hers – she is sensitive about that and may have an emotional outburst.

In a good mood,she will show her artistic site and since she has mediumistic capabilities, she is also interested in your latest Tarot readings 🙂

- - and mine, especially the one about her....

Great_Crested_Grebe.thumb.jpg.bccba2a80a514f2b811307f1fcab88f3.jpg

@Madame SqueeThere may be some insect playing cards out there, but I don't know of any current (not OOP) insect decks. I guess not many people are bug-lovers. 😄 I went to a photographic exhibit of insects in Tifton, GA last year, which was amazing.

1375657907_bugmuseum3.thumb.jpg.1d87bb0ffcea5bba1789abe760d957da.jpg1920529747_bugmuseum.thumb.jpg.e70f5f8cf36eb2b1fd1e449ef5207851.jpg

Madame Squee

@Bodhiseed Oh. My. Goodness! Beetles and dragonflies are my very favorites!!!

We have a wonderful bug museum just outside of town. Visiting the May Natural History Museum was an annual event in our family for many years -- first with my grandmother, then with my children. The first time I saw it must have been well over 60 years ago. As a child, the sight of the pins disturbed me greatly, and I worried about the fate of all these creatures. My grandma told me they were already dead before the pin pierced them. That satisfied me for a long time as I assumed they were found dead. Hey, I just realized that the city limits have overtaken the museum. It used to seem so far away. Lol. Apparently, I need to reorient myself, pack a picnic lunch and go back. I've got a little over a month until they end their season. 

https://www.pikes-peak.com/attractions/may-natural-history-museum/

(There's a video near the end of the page.)

Draw cards from the Dark M yesterday and got 3 of Swords and 3 of Pentacles. Read it as Leave it behind and Team work, and I found it applicable to current situation. Today I was in need of more soothing message so drew a card from Botanical inspiration.

20190826_070903-01.thumb.jpeg.db1e9787c4c4632dcc9f5ff547249f85.jpeg

I read it as a very positive card, and carried it mentally throughout the day.

Madame Squee

Well, I finally pulled my daily draw at 2pm and had to laugh. It showed me that I've been distracted -- once again -- from my morning resolve to "get something done" in favor of something more interesting. Doesn't that tortoise look like she's about to take a bite out of that yellow sunflower? (I know they love eating dandelion flowers.) Meanwhile, the rooster doesn't appear to be aware of, or bothered by, the abandonment of purpose. Today, I'm following my bliss. 

I love, love, love the Otherkin Tarot! 🌻🐢

Otherkin 19 KnP AS.jpg

Madame Squee
12 minutes ago, Bodhiseed said:

I wish we had a natural museum nearby - that one looks fabulous, @Madame Squee!

Right?!! I can't believe I forgot about it for almost 20 years. They allow photos, so I will get you some good ones. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.