The Oriens Tarot Deck

reall

@reall, you haven't missed the early bird - it's a double deck for $105 Australian dollars and as of this minute, 10:00 pm EDST, there are 31 left! 

Thank you for this thread - I thought I was watching carefully for the launch of the Oriens Tarot but I missed it.  I am backing this one as soon as I post this comment!

Edited by Grandma

18 hours ago, Grandma said:

@reall, you haven't missed the early bird - it's a double deck for $105 Australian dollars and as of this minute, 10:00 pm EDST, there are 31 left! 

Thank you for this thread - I thought I was watching carefully for the launch of the Oriens Tarot but I missed it.  I am backing this one as soon as I post this comment!

thank you for pointing that up it's even better than single deck!;)

@Little Fang same here! & still (almost!) missed!;)

Just observing that this deck seems to be closely aligned in spirit to the lovely Forager's deck, also recently launched on Kickstarter (and 77% funded): 

FindYourSovereignty

I have to add that I do kind of wish the LWB was included with the deck. I am highly interested in learning why she chose the animals she chose. I don’t usually like decks with animals stabbed by swords, but I had already backed this one before I knew about the 6 and 10 of Swords. It does look like a beautiful deck.

Edited by FindYourSovereignty

Natural Mystic Guide
8 hours ago, FindYourSovereignty said:

The Oriens Tarot unboxing:

Thank You so much for this.  This deck is on my list and I shall order it once I can find a way to get it from Australia to Bali.  In my opinion, this is the most beautiful Tarot deck I have ever seen.  No LWB?  Really?  Can one be ordered separately?

FindYourSovereignty
2 hours ago, Natural Mystic Guide said:

Thank You so much for this.  This deck is on my list and I shall order it once I can find a way to get it from Australia to Bali.  In my opinion, this is the most beautiful Tarot deck I have ever seen.  No LWB?  Really?  Can one be ordered separately?

There is a pdf that will be available soon and, through much pressure by many of us backing her Kickstarter campaign, she is going to offer for sale a print-on-demand and maybe a physical book on her website. Her website is not up yet, but aiming for early Feb. 

FindYourSovereignty

I haven’t received my deck yet, but, I did receive the print-on-demand guidebook from LuLu and it is pretty nice. Fast shipping, too.

Edited by FindYourSovereignty

FindYourSovereignty
20 minutes ago, Little Fang said:

I adore this deck, it has such a good energy! 

It is beautiful! Thank you for sharing a photo. I am really looking forward to receiving mine. I was an early bird buyer, but my shipping has been delayed. Soon, I trust.

Could the people who ordered this deck please tell me when they received it?

Mine is lost in transit.  It completely dropped off the tracking system after being loaded onto a plane on March 5.  The creator of the deck was all sympathetic, I'll do anything it takes to find your deck, etc, at first.  As the weeks drag on it seems as if there's nothing left for him to do except send me a replacement from his own reserve, and he is less helpful when it comes to that idea.  His newest thing is that many decks took two months or more to arrive.  

I'm lining my ducks in a row to present an argument that he really needs to replace my deck NOW and this information will be the final duck I need.  Then I can tell him that if he doesn't send me a deck immediately I will file a complaint with Kickstarter.  

grrrrrr

That won't get you anywhere. Kickstarter will tell you that everything is between you and the creators... Just saying; anyone involved with the Symbolist or the Cthulhu can verify....

Well - mine beloved just received a simple  birthday card sent from Canada over 6 weeks ago.... Your seller may have a point.

RavenOfSummer

I received my tracking number I believe on March 5th, and the deck arrived on March 20th. So only about two weeks total from China even with the pandemic. I don't think there's any way your deck should take more than 2 months even with everything going on 😕 What happens when you try to track the package? The system just acts like it doesn't exist?

Thanks @gregory and @RavenOfSummer -

No, I was mistaken.  I just reread the email thread - it didn't disappear from tracking, it just froze.  The system was tracking it until March 15 when it was put on a plane.  That status stayed the same for two weeks, which is a pretty slow plane, and then I stopped tracking it and wrote to Ambi Sun, the creator, on April 1.  After a few back and forths he wrote on April 11 "It seems that the parcel has failed security measures and is returned back to us to be resent a few times. It's likely they also lost it at the warehouse at one point due to the influx of shipping. Rest assured I have your parcel on my radar and I'm going to help track it with my freight company until it arrives".

And upthread, Little Fang had hers by February 19.  So combined with you receiving yours on March 20, I can only conclude that mine is lost.  I still have the tracking number but not the tracking system so I don't know if it even shows up any more, but I doubt it.  At first Sun theorized it was held up at Customs, then he claimed that one buyer had waited over two months, then the above info, now suddenly he tells me that many people have waited two months for various packages.  I'm starting to ramble and mix things up but you get the gist of it.

The latest word is that if the freight company verifies the deck is lost, Sun will send me a replacement deck, which he warned me may still take two months.  I call BS.

And meanwhile someone on another thread, I'm drawing a blank but I'll look it up, just got something from China in 4-5 days.  Oh right, it was the Broken Mirror, shipped by Fed Ex.  

Again, grrrrrr

RavenOfSummer
1 hour ago, Grandma said:

Thanks @gregory and @RavenOfSummer -

No, I was mistaken.  I just reread the email thread - it didn't disappear from tracking, it just froze.  The system was tracking it until March 15 when it was put on a plane.  That status stayed the same for two weeks, which is a pretty slow plane, and then I stopped tracking it and wrote to Ambi Sun, the creator, on April 1.  After a few back and forths he wrote on April 11 "It seems that the parcel has failed security measures and is returned back to us to be resent a few times. It's likely they also lost it at the warehouse at one point due to the influx of shipping. Rest assured I have your parcel on my radar and I'm going to help track it with my freight company until it arrives".

And upthread, Little Fang had hers by February 19.  So combined with you receiving yours on March 20, I can only conclude that mine is lost.  I still have the tracking number but not the tracking system so I don't know if it even shows up any more, but I doubt it.  At first Sun theorized it was held up at Customs, then he claimed that one buyer had waited over two months, then the above info, now suddenly he tells me that many people have waited two months for various packages.  I'm starting to ramble and mix things up but you get the gist of it.

The latest word is that if the freight company verifies the deck is lost, Sun will send me a replacement deck, which he warned me may still take two months.  I call BS.

And meanwhile someone on another thread, I'm drawing a blank but I'll look it up, just got something from China in 4-5 days.  Oh right, it was the Broken Mirror, shipped by Fed Ex.  

Again, grrrrrr

Ugh, so sorry @Grandma. I'm always afraid of things like this happening with Kickstarter decks, but I've been lucky so far. Even if they are saying your package could take two months...it's been two months. If they got shipping insurance they should be able to get reimbursed for sending you a new one- but that is their issue to deal with, not yours.

VioletEye

aw, i'm sorry this is happening, @Grandma! you probably already know this, but i just thought i'd mention that the whole pandemic shutdown has caused a bunch of weird postal delays, especially international shipments. (i operate an independent business that ships and receives a fair amount of international parcels, and can sympathize with the "where tf is it??"). even though others have gotten theirs, it could still be on its way... at least the seller is in contact with you, i'm sure he'll do the right thing. good luck 🙂

Thank you @VioletEye for the information and for your concern.  It's frustrating to be sure, but the bottom line is that it is a deck of cards, and if that's the worst loss I suffer during this pandemic then I am a very lucky Grandma!

And I see that you are new here - welcome!

On 2/19/2020 at 2:37 PM, FindYourSovereignty said:

I haven’t received my deck yet, but, I did receive the print-on-demand guidebook from LuLu and it is pretty nice. Fast shipping, too.

Do you have a link to the print on demand? I can’t seem to find it.  TIA 

FindYourSovereignty

@Grandma, I received my deck package around mid March with a February 26 ship date, however, a second shipment went out on March 1 with my spread cloths that still has not arrived. Shipping to US. I contacted Sun when it was about 6-7 weeks late to get on the record of not receiving the delivery and he has been monitoring the shipment and even reached out to see if it had been delivered. Still no sign, but I do think that there was a black hole period right at that time where everything just stopped and those packages are in a pile somewhere waiting for attention of some kind - delivery or return to sender.