Simple Ways To Protect Myself?

Astrid’s Tarot Realm

Astrid’s Tarot Realm

I have never been interested in witchcraft of any kind or read about it at all. But I am starting to wonder if it’s possible that someone may have done something to mess with my energy. I am a firm believer in the idea that someone can only mess with my energy to the degree that I let them or give them power. But to be open about it I am struggling with jealousy issues a little bit and I am having trouble *not* giving this woman I never even met my ... power... energy ... thoughts ... something. And I don’t know if I’m doing it to myself or if it’s that she (who I learned is a practicing Wiccan and possibly witchcraft although I don’t know for sure) who has maybe done something to mess with me. 

I have had a ridiculous time trying to get over the man that she is now with. And after all this time it’s starting to make me wonder if ... I don’t know if she maybe did something to try to mess with me. Or again maybe it’s totally all in my head and my own energy and / or ego getting in the way. 

So was hoping for maybe some very, very general kind of information or tips on what to do to prevent or remove that kind of thing should she have done something like that. 

Thanks in advance. Feel free to PM me. Appreciate it. 

Okay, let’s just play with the idea that yes, she’s doing something to ‘mess with you’. Then that tells me two things:

1. You have gotten under her skin and she must be jealous of you

2. In order for her to keep up that work she would be draining herself and inevitably messing with her own mind in the process. There is no way that anyone could just perform a spell and then have it affect someone else negatively for a long time - not without constantly ‘feeding’ that work. By ‘feeding’ I mean that she would have to reactivate her spell and to also keep thinking about you and what it is she wants to achieve, which would automatically keep her from fully engaging in the fun things in her own life. I bet it would affect both her and her relationship negatively. So just know this: IF something is happening then you are not the helpless victim. She will do the most harm to herself. In my opinion it will always take more energy to try and hurt someone than it takes to defend oneself from an attack. So start by taking a deep breath and know that you will be OK.

As far as practical things you can do, well I recommend all the basics: Envision a powerful shield in front of you (or all around you). Practice this until you can really feel the solidity of the shield. Then add a mirror surface to it whenever you meet her. That way everything will be directed back at her. Finally, learn about ‘cord cutting’. And practice it daily, perhaps when you’re in the shower. This removes all the lingering energy bonds that are created every day. 

One last thing. Depending on your beliefs, you might want to work with protective allies. This can be anything from totem animals to spirit guides to archangels - it all depends on what you believe in. I personally call it Fylgja and that is my ally who will have my back against any attacks of the kind that you describe. I believe that a persons ally can be made stronger and that one also can make the connection to this ally more powerful. But that’s not covered in the ‘most basic’ part of self defense 🙂

You are among friends here. If you want us to boost you or send some good protective vibes your way then just ask! 

I think gemstones and crystals could be helpful here to make you feel protected and safe. You can search google because there are loads and I think it's best to go for a stone colour you feel drawn to but a simple easy guide.....

the black stones are grounding and protective, they reflect anything back at the person. People often use them in their home as like a shield,  Black Tourmaline is against low frequencies, as well as people, people use it against electric in the house and radiation (say from a phone or computer if you are sensitive to that). Black Jet from emotional energies and Black Obsidian is the best for someone trying to curse or send ill wishes your way. Some people find Black Tourmaline and Black Obsidian very powerful, it affects them. I am very sensitive and I am fine with them. It's mostly rare but some people feel ill around them (the black stones seem to be super powerful for some folk) and you can buy them and then move them away from you if this happens, the lighter colours of tourmaline are good for sensitive people to this.

Labradorite has pretty and mixed colours. I am hugely empathetic and just feel affected by anyone else around me and I wear a bracelet of it all the time! This was recommended by a friend in the old tarot forum before this one. It's a shield of armour over your heart chakra

Blue Kyanite is for people who try to mess with your head, like manipulation and bullying, this helps with boundaries.

These are just 3 simple suggestions to give you an energy boast to deal with her whatever is going on. Get a big chunk of the stones for your home (like put in the front or buy the front door) or get little tumbled stones to have in your pocket. I sometimes buy a whole lot of tumble stones and try them out, what makes me feel best when holding! Then you can pay money for a bigger version. If you know a real shop near you that sells crystals and gem stones, go and see what you feel drawn to in person, it's probably the most helpful to you at this time 🙂 you can also meditation holding them and feel all protected from her. Just some ideas 🙂

Also consider that it is also very likely that there's nothing going on on the other party's side, and that it is your feelings, your jealousy you speak of, even guilt most likely (there's usually some guilt floating somewhere) and your difficulties that have maybe become a bit obsessive -  like a hamster turning in his wheel - that are causing you to feel depleted. These kind of sentiments tend to turn against oneselves - they are like arrows that come straight back at us. And they create imbalance and fear and we look to the source of our fear and project outside instead of inside. Fear is one of the most powerful weapons we can take up to destroy ourselves. Fear is the opposite of love apparently. Out worst enemy is usually ourselves. Suddenly you hear that the other party may dabble in some sort of amateur witchcraft (you're not even sure) and your fear suddenly balloons even bigger and you give your power over to that belief. 

I would think your imagination has run a few kilometers in front of you. You sound more like in a state of natural anxiety than anything else. The tension and thoughts you had that built up inside you like a wall to block your energies is now having an effect because they can't stay imprisoned within you forever.

My advice : find a way to move on completely from the past. To forgive the others and yourself. Or it will haunt you for a long time. 

Edited by Marigold

Astrid’s Tarot Realm
On 9/8/2019 at 2:30 PM, Raggydoll said:

Okay, let’s just play with the idea that yes, she’s doing something to ‘mess with you’. Then that tells me two things:

1. You have gotten under her skin and she must be jealous of you

2. In order for her to keep up that work she would be draining herself and inevitably messing with her own mind in the process. There is no way that anyone could just perform a spell and then have it affect someone else negatively for a long time - not without constantly ‘feeding’ that work. By ‘feeding’ I mean that she would have to reactivate her spell and to also keep thinking about you and what it is she wants to achieve, which would automatically keep her from fully engaging in the fun things in her own life. I bet it would affect both her and her relationship negatively. So just know this: IF something is happening then you are not the helpless victim. She will do the most harm to herself. In my opinion it will always take more energy to try and hurt someone than it takes to defend oneself from an attack. So start by taking a deep breath and know that you will be OK.

As far as practical things you can do, well I recommend all the basics: Envision a powerful shield in front of you (or all around you). Practice this until you can really feel the solidity of the shield. Then add a mirror surface to it whenever you meet her. That way everything will be directed back at her. Finally, learn about ‘cord cutting’. And practice it daily, perhaps when you’re in the shower. This removes all the lingering energy bonds that are created every day. 

One last thing. Depending on your beliefs, you might want to work with protective allies. This can be anything from totem animals to spirit guides to archangels - it all depends on what you believe in. I personally call it Fylgja and that is my ally who will have my back against any attacks of the kind that you describe. I believe that a persons ally can be made stronger and that one also can make the connection to this ally more powerful. But that’s not covered in the ‘most basic’ part of self defense 🙂

You are among friends here. If you want us to boost you or send some good protective vibes your way then just ask! 

I am so sorry for the delay in my response to you and everyone. Really, really busy since I posted but I know that’s not a good excuse!

Thank you so much - your post was so helpful!! Very reassuring. I really have absolutely no proof that she did anything or attempted to do anything here - but I guess since it’s something I know nothing about and given that I know it’s a possibility I wanted to know what I could do if that were the case. 

I will definitely work with some visualizations of protection and take comfort in the fact that even if she were doing some such thing (or did) that it’s not something she could maintain indefinitely really. 

I will also definitely research the cord cutting - I have heard of it but really am not familiar with what it is. 

Thank you again! 

Astrid’s Tarot Realm
On 9/8/2019 at 3:30 PM, DanielJUK said:

I think gemstones and crystals could be helpful here to make you feel protected and safe. You can search google because there are loads and I think it's best to go for a stone colour you feel drawn to but a simple easy guide.....

the black stones are grounding and protective, they reflect anything back at the person. People often use them in their home as like a shield,  Black Tourmaline is against low frequencies, as well as people, people use it against electric in the house and radiation (say from a phone or computer if you are sensitive to that). Black Jet from emotional energies and Black Obsidian is the best for someone trying to curse or send ill wishes your way. Some people find Black Tourmaline and Black Obsidian very powerful, it affects them. I am very sensitive and I am fine with them. It's mostly rare but some people feel ill around them (the black stones seem to be super powerful for some folk) and you can buy them and then move them away from you if this happens, the lighter colours of tourmaline are good for sensitive people to this.

Labradorite has pretty and mixed colours. I am hugely empathetic and just feel affected by anyone else around me and I wear a bracelet of it all the time! This was recommended by a friend in the old tarot forum before this one. It's a shield of armour over your heart chakra

Blue Kyanite is for people who try to mess with your head, like manipulation and bullying, this helps with boundaries.

These are just 3 simple suggestions to give you an energy boast to deal with her whatever is going on. Get a big chunk of the stones for your home (like put in the front or buy the front door) or get little tumbled stones to have in your pocket. I sometimes buy a whole lot of tumble stones and try them out, what makes me feel best when holding! Then you can pay money for a bigger version. If you know a real shop near you that sells crystals and gem stones, go and see what you feel drawn to in person, it's probably the most helpful to you at this time 🙂 you can also meditation holding them and feel all protected from her. Just some ideas 🙂

Thank you so much Daniel! I am sorry for the delay in my reply here. Someone else recommended some gemstones and crystals once a while back - more so for my own energy and not in relation to this specifically - but I did pick up just a few. A good deal of rose quartz - one small pendant, one large pendant, and a medium size raw stone. I do keep them around me a lot and keep my tarot cards with them. Also tourmaline was recommended! I ended up getting a mid size rock of black and then a smallish light green pendant that I wear quite a lot. I don’t know how much they have helped... but I think a bit ... but again I wasn’t really thinking of them as protection necessarily but maybe their effects have helped. I would like to pick up some more and learn how to better charge them properly and set intentions with them. Thank you so much! I will add these to a list of ones I will look into next time I can get some!

Astrid’s Tarot Realm
On 9/8/2019 at 8:20 PM, Marigold said:

Also consider that it is also very likely that there's nothing going on on the other party's side, and that it is your feelings, your jealousy you speak of, even guilt most likely (there's usually some guilt floating somewhere) and your difficulties that have maybe become a bit obsessive -  like a hamster turning in his wheel - that are causing you to feel depleted. These kind of sentiments tend to turn against oneselves - they are like arrows that come straight back at us. And they create imbalance and fear and we look to the source of our fear and project outside instead of inside. Fear is one of the most powerful weapons we can take up to destroy ourselves. Fear is the opposite of love apparently. Out worst enemy is usually ourselves. Suddenly you hear that the other party may dabble in some sort of amateur witchcraft (you're not even sure) and your fear suddenly balloons even bigger and you give your power over to that belief. 

I would think your imagination has run a few kilometers in front of you. You sound more like in a state of natural anxiety than anything else. The tension and thoughts you had that built up inside you like a wall to block your energies is now having an effect because they can't stay imprisoned within you forever.

My advice : find a way to move on completely from the past. To forgive the others and yourself. Or it will haunt you for a long time. 

Thank you so much for your feedback and reply and concern - very much appreciated and valued. Absolutely recognize that it may be due to my own energy and nothing anyone did in relation to me. Appreciate your perspective although being that I know the situation and really didn’t and couldn’t explain it all - respectfully don’t necessarily agree with some of your statements. But I know it was offered with the best of intentions and welcome all observations and feedback! Thank you again! 

Here are will 3 types of scenarios:

1. This is your ego attachment to strong emotions and sexual/romantic connections. Remedy is a lot of meditation and ritualize “cutting the cords” that bind your ego and emotions to this person. Support with daily meditation on detachment. Death card or Ace Swords might be good visuals. The sword of Archangel Michael as @Rossi mentioned also.
  2. She is unconsciously directing negative energy towards you. She has her own ego attachment to the situation and by thinking about you … she is unintentionally directing negative thoughts and emotions your way. Remedy same as above but add SHIELDING. As @Raggydoll mentioned. I personally see it like a mirror egg surrounding my aura. You may see it differently. Energetically cut cords and cauterize so they don’t grow back.
  3. A real curse. This is VERY rare. This prolly doesn’t apply to your scenario. If it were a real curse or hex you would be getting sick or having accidents or similar. Forget this nonsense about curses only work on what you “let in”. Anyone who’s ever seen a real curse …. Well let’s just say most people are actually sitting ducks for a real curse … which are VERY RARE.  In any case, for a real curse I would get help. Of course fake “curses” are a favorite topic of scammers and con artists … so this is something extremely sensitive.

I would expect it’s likely #1 or #2. In such case … these are strong emotions … thus daily meditations or cord cutting for at least 21 days in a row. It takes some time to work.

Edited by Misterei

2 hours ago, Rossi said:

D oyou think that praying and having archangel michael figures would help?

It certainly wouldn't help me. Having Michael around would freak me out more than anything.