Sign in to follow this  
Chronata

Chronata's Etsy Shop

Chronata

I make decks.

And I sell them out pretty quickly, because I usually only make small editions.

And sometimes I squirrel them away among my other decks...and then I find a stash I didn't know I had!

And when I do, they go on my Etsy site!

Etsy.com/shop/wondercaravan

Chronata

Some opportunities end, and others bloom...and suddenly I find myself with a real possibility of doing a reprint of my Halloween themed All Hallows deck.

It would be a limited run, different backs...signed and numbered and available before Halloween of this year. ( around 50$ US)

Would there be interest in this? 

Or is it just wishful thinking?

0919191222.jpg

gregory

I think there would be.

But also - why don't you put yourself out to USGames or Llewellyn ? (I would say Schiffer, but some of their card stock is so awful...)

Chronata

So...yeah. I had a contact with Llewellyn back on the day. They wanted something more refined. ( whatever that means! )  I've been told to contact USGames about the Minute from a number of folks...but I'm not sure it would be worth it in the end.  They like to have artwork that they can choose the titles and borders on. And I really don't think they would be interested in that little doodle thing.

But maybe someday I'll finish the Midnight Masquerade...and I will definitely go with either of them!

katrinka
2 hours ago, Chronata said:

So...yeah. I had a contact with Llewellyn back on the day. They wanted something more refined. ( whatever that means! )  I've been told to contact USGames about the Minute from a number of folks...but I'm not sure it would be worth it in the end.  They like to have artwork that they can choose the titles and borders on. And I really don't think they would be interested in that little doodle thing.

Their loss.
Llewellyn decks, other than the historical ones, tend to be slick, modern, and well...soulless.
This is the first one that popped up when I visited the site, and it's typical:
9780738760285.jpg

I own precisely ONE Llewellyn deck, the Nigel Jackson.

feb-7-2017-tarot-reading.jpeg.0ea0de8da69c962c49e3f5ebc9658f5c.jpeg

(I used to have Jackson's Rune cards and I quite liked them, but I fear they were lost in a move. And they cost a bazillion dollars on ebay these days.)

I wouldn't mind having some more of Jackson's decks, but other than that, Llewellyn leaves me cold.

It's not that I hate digital art - I don't - I just don't want a deck of ballayaged, skin-bleached Beyonces in witch hats. It's the whole sensibility there. It's creepy in all the wrong ways, at least to me. YMMV, etc.

So if they don't like what you're doing, consider that a compliment.

And while I need yet another Tarot like I need a hole in the head, I like your work. It's hands-on and folk-arty, and that's a rare commodity these days. And I do like your Halloween/holiday stuff. So yeah, I'd purchase one, finances permitting. They might not at present, though. Things are going to be a bit tight for awhile.

But maybe someday I'll finish the Midnight Masquerade...and I will definitely go with either of them!

Yes, the Midnight Masquerade! I'd live on beans for awhile if need be in order to get that one!

Edited by katrinka

Chronata

So I have gone ahead and opened the preorders...I'm hoping to have the deck in hand by the 1st, and ready to ship by the 15th of October!

Http://professional-dreamer-studios.square.site/

Or www.etsy.com/shop/wondercaravan

I'm excited to be able to reprint...even if its a tiny edition.

Raggydoll

How exciting!! 😀

(I am moving this and the other thread you posted to the Promote yourself section.)

Flaxen

This is such good news. Hopefully, it will find its way into many more hands. :classic_smile:

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.