Easy Spells To Practice

ashwsh

I remember as a teenager trying to read about love spells on the internet and practicing it to get attention of my boyfriend..not sure if it worked...but it was certainly intriguing. Another one I remember my sister did was to write down what she wanted 101 times on a sheet of paper for certain number of days and then burn it. Am sure it worked for because I am aware that she still practices it. Does anyone know any credible sites that teach spells that are easy and simple to read about?

10 hours ago, katrinka said:

This is a big, comprehensive site with lots of authentic, traditional spells: http://www.luckymojo.com/spells.html

Thanks Katrinka. It’s is indeed quite extensive. Not sure if I can buy banishing oils etc. I won’t feel comfortable buying things for the purpose of magic. Would you have anything that would use everyday stuff? Please Let me know 

Is there something particular that you are wanting to practice/learn? I’m sure you could gets lots of ideas from people here if you told us of what areas (I mean what type of spells) that interest you 🙂

9 hours ago, offramp said:

If someone is annoying you, cut some hair from the back of your head and leave it in his or her doorway. Problem solved!

I would personally get even more annoyed if I had to sacrifice hair for someone else 😆

1 hour ago, ashwsh said:

Thanks Katrinka. It’s is indeed quite extensive. Not sure if I can buy banishing oils etc. I won’t feel comfortable buying things for the purpose of magic. Would you have anything that would use everyday stuff? Please Let me know 

Ashwsh, my advice is you can perform magic with any objects you like. The spell is in the intention, not the ingredients or trappings. Peoples' opinions on this differ, but that is mine. If you don't want to buy anything special (and why should you), try searching online for magical correspondences of common kitchen herbs, or phrasing to that effect. You can find magical meanings for your whole spice rack. Take a look at the common garden weeds and wildflowers of your region, then go online and search for the magical properties of those. If you can't find any information, just go up to something growing through the cracks of the pavement and ask it what its magical properties are and how it feels about being used in a spell. 🙂 

ETA: A reading list

Natural Magic - Doreen Valiente

Crone's Book of Magical Words - Valerie Worth

Crone's Book of Charms & Spells - Valerie Worth

The Un-Spell Book - Mya Om

The Element Encyclopedia of 5000 Spells - Judith Illes 

Edited by Carla

This is a poem or charm from Crone's Book of Magical Words and I always thought it would be a beautiful thing to do on a wedding day or anniversary: 

To Favour a Marriage 

Let two who are wed

Go into an open meadow

Before the grass is harvested: 

Each must gather

As much of the living hay

As his own left hand can hold; 

Then in the field they shall stay

And weave of the stalks two figures -- 

The woman shall fashion a woman, 

And the man shall fashion a man,

And together these shall be wound

With a golden stem of grass,

Around and around

And knotted at last. 

Then they shall set these images

Deep in the ground,

To be bedded and covered with earth, 

Hidden by grass that is growing still; 

And the couple shall stand

Facing each other and say: 

We are grown and gathered and bound

And the binding is well; 

We are fixed at the hip and the hand

And the head and the heel; 

We are planted beneath the land, 

Forever to wheel

As the Earth and Sun are wound

On a golden reel, 

As the ripening grasses stand

And pale and fall. 

Edited by Carla

3 hours ago, ashwsh said:

2 hours ago, Raggydoll said:

Is there something particular that you are wanting to practice/learn? I’m sure you could gets lots of ideas from people here if you told us of what areas (I mean what type of spells) that interest you 🙂

@ashwsh - The site IS extensive, and knowing precisely what we're looking for would help narrow it down.
A lot of the links go to the Esoteric Archive and you can find spells there that use things you probably have around the house already. The one on the bottom of this page only requires three candles, some sugar, and a plate: http://www.luckymojo.com/spells/white/goodwishes.html

The ingredients in the formulas at that site are generally inexpensive and it's possible to DIY. Since you mentioned banishing, if you're talking about a person, Hotfooting them is the way to go, IMHO. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_foot_powder

There's a lot of recipes for Hotfoot powder online. Google is your friend here, and it's likely that you have most of what you need on your spice rack already. Sprinkle it where they'll walk through it and you're all set. 😉

2 hours ago, Raggydoll said:

I would personally get even more annoyed if I had to sacrifice hair for someone else 😆

I'd be even more annoyed if they used it to jinx me, lol. https://www.carolinaconjure.com/personal-concerns.html

8 hours ago, katrinka said:

@ashwsh - The site IS extensive, and knowing precisely what we're looking for would help narrow it down.
A lot of the links go to the Esoteric Archive and you can find spells there that use things you probably have around the house already. The one on the bottom of this page only requires three candles, some sugar, and a plate: http://www.luckymojo.com/spells/white/goodwishes.html

The ingredients in the formulas at that site are generally inexpensive and it's possible to DIY. Since you mentioned banishing, if you're talking about a person, Hotfooting them is the way to go, IMHO. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_foot_powder

There's a lot of recipes for Hotfoot powder online. Google is your friend here, and it's likely that you have most of what you need on your spice rack already. Sprinkle it where they'll walk through it and you're all set. 😉

I'd be even more annoyed if they used it to jinx me, lol. https://www.carolinaconjure.com/personal-concerns.html

Hey @katrinka

thank you! 

I mentioned banishing oil with no specific reason, it was mentioned in the first spell I came across. Right now everything and everyone is welcome in my life 😊

@Raggydoll I was looking at method (am not sure if they are spells) to attract happiness, prosperity, luck and ward off evil eye. I have an uncle back home in India who would suggest us somethings to do from time to time. Like once I had some issue with my boss, he asked me to write his name 8 times on a paper, fold it 8 times and put it under a heavy object like a table etc and frequently replace it. Another time he asked my sister to write her wish on a bay leaf and burn it. So I’m looking at really simple things to execute which don’t involve too much paraphernalia.

Edited by ashwsh

Create your own, to achieve what you hope for. But you need to focus your will, and the "universe" has to be OK with what you want.... or it may rebound on you.

Quite honestly, as you don;t know what you are doing, I wouldn't mess with spells, if I were you. Try something totally harmless, like the attitude that comes with the Law of Attraction.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_attraction_(New_Thought)

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/the-law-of-attraction-exp_b_8430270

At least it would mean your focusing on positive thoughts - from all the readings on the same subject you have had lately, you seem to be focusing heavily on the negative, and that will bring more negative down on you, I fear.

Even if this doesn't work as a process to deliver exactly what you want, it WILL take you away from the constant focus on everything that is wrong in your life, and show you ways that you can actually do something other than ask for readings about it. The answer is within you, not within the cards - especially not cards that are asked the same questions so often.

Edited by gregory

I love Doreen Valiente's books, as a teenager I used to get them all out of my local library 🙂 They had everything she ever published through the London network of books.

My suggestion is candle magic, it's really simple. You just need to buy some candles of different colours.  I agree with gregory and others, I think magic is about the intention, so make it so it works for you! You don't need to have a degree in how you make it happen, just a way that makes you feel comfortable to intend something.

Choose a colour for a candle that fits well for your aim, you can look at colour therapy on google but red = love, healing (illness), sexual. green = healing (fertility), abundance, financial, gold = financial and business. You can pick a colour that pulls to you or one that has a theme. There is more about the colours here. White is a pretty good colour to use for anything but also is purity and truth, I would becareful of black candles though as they tend to be used for negative purposes but also protection and banishment, only use them if you have that aim.

You can do all kinds of things with the candles with flowers and oils but keep it simple. Some people write in a marker or with a knife on the candle but you don't have to do it at all.

The most simple way of candle magic =

- meditate or take a moment of calm and have an intention, what do you want to happen?

- light candle and spend some time with it, watch the flame to meditate if you like

- if you want to go slightly more advanced, write your intention or want on paper with something like, "I want....." or "I will become....". You can match the candle colour with the paper or ink if you like but don't have to. After spending some time with the candle, some people light one corner and burn the paper.

- that is the end of the ceremony and close it in a way.

Personally I would just have a candle, send my intention and meditate with it, but you can add as much to it as you want.

I did this some years ago as a way of making something happen with someone with a lot of experience in it and they recommended keeping a special candle for it, like only use it for this. But honestly I am not sure it makes huge difference, it has to be a special ceremony for you, as basic or ornate as you like.

You can make this however you want for you ❤️

2 hours ago, gregory said:

Create your own, to achieve what you hope for. But you need to focus your will, and the "universe" has to be OK with what you want.... or it may rebound on you.

Quite honestly, as you don;t know what you are doing, I wouldn't mess with spells, if I were you. Try something totally harmless, like the attitude that comes with the Law of Attraction.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_attraction_(New_Thought)

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/the-law-of-attraction-exp_b_8430270

At least it would mean your focusing on positive thoughts - from all the readings on the same subject you have had lately, you seem to be focusing heavily on the negative, and that will bring more negative down on you, I fear.

Even if this doesn't work as a process to deliver exactly what you want, it WILL take you away from the constant focus on everything that is wrong in your life, and show you ways that you can actually do something other than ask for readings about it. The answer is within you, not within the cards - especially not cards that are asked the same questions so often.

Hi @gregory

I feel much better now. I have left my condition on god. I feel action is needed to be done my me and he needs to take care of the rest. Yes anxiety does take over sometimes.

Currently I am not doing anything, yes spells scare me too, I don't want it to harm me, so am scared of getting into that space at all. No point doing something which you are unsure of. I already have a lot on my plate to handle..no more trouble needed 🙂

I like to keep these things simple, so I am not sure that they are even called spells (please help me with the correct term). My mother recently wanted me to tie two strands of green grass together and ask my wish, and pray to god.  I haven't done it yet and not sure if I want to. But if I do, I will do it with all my heart and as you mentioned with the right intent.

Thanks much 🙂

Edited by ashwsh

14 minutes ago, DanielJUK said:

I love Doreen Valiente's books, as a teenager I used to get them all out of my local library 🙂 They had everything she ever published through the London network of books.

My suggestion is candle magic, it's really simple. You just need to buy some candles of different colours.  I agree with gregory and others, I think magic is about the intention, so make it so it works for you! You don't need to have a degree in how you make it happen, just a way that makes you feel comfortable to intend something.

Choose a colour for a candle that fits well for your aim, you can look at colour therapy on google but red = love, healing (illness), sexual. green = healing (fertility), abundance, financial, gold = financial and business. You can pick a colour that pulls to you or one that has a theme. There is more about the colours here. White is a pretty good colour to use for anything but also is purity and truth, I would becareful of black candles though as they tend to be used for negative purposes but also protection and banishment, only use them if you have that aim.

You can do all kinds of things with the candles with flowers and oils but keep it simple. Some people write in a marker or with a knife on the candle but you don't have to do it at all.

The most simple way of candle magic =

- meditate or take a moment of calm and have an intention, what do you want to happen?

- light candle and spend some time with it, watch the flame to meditate if you like

- if you want to go slightly more advanced, write your intention or want on paper with something like, "I want....." or "I will become....". You can match the candle colour with the paper or ink if you like but don't have to. After spending some time with the candle, some people light one corner and burn the paper.

- that is the end of the ceremony and close it in a way.

Personally I would just have a candle, send my intention and meditate with it, but you can add as much to it as you want.

I did this some years ago as a way of making something happen with someone with a lot of experience in it and they recommended keeping a special candle for it, like only use it for this. But honestly I am not sure it makes huge difference, it has to be a special ceremony for you, as basic or ornate as you like.

You can make this however you want for you ❤️

oh Thank you @DanielJUK

This is the simple and really practical for me to execute.

I honestly don't do anything as of now, as I mentioned to Gregory, I am scared of getting and doing it wrong.

But the one you suggest, am sure can do no harm to me if no good.

Thank you very much again

Regards

A wise witch told me, "Doubt is a spell killer". 

If you doubt what you do or question your own intent at all, it's probably best not to do it.