Mythical Creatures Release Delayed

Jewel

On 1/15/2020 at 1:39 AM, Decan said:

The standard edition is printed and looks fabulous!

https://www.facebook.com/BabaStudio/videos/vb.539650904/10156926739085905/?type=2&theater

For the limited edition apparently there will be a delay. But I pre-ordered the standard edition so I hope that the deck will be shipped (I ordered the book too, they are always well done, and for a deck like this one we need explanations for each of the cards) by the end of january. ❤️

I actually e-mailed them the other day to check on the shipping out of the standard edition and they told me they would be mailing them towards the end of January and through February in first order first served.  Not sure where I will fall into that, but hope to get the deck by my b-day in mid March!  I ordered the standard edition, the book, and a bag and am chomping at the bit to see them!

Thanks for the info!

For me it'll be probably sent during February since I pre-ordered it lately, but that's fine, I'm not in a hurry and the deck looks really amazing!

Edited by Decan

On 1/15/2020 at 7:39 AM, Decan said:

The standard edition is printed and looks fabulous!

https://www.facebook.com/BabaStudio/videos/vb.539650904/10156926739085905/?type=2&theater

For the limited edition apparently there will be a delay. But I pre-ordered the standard edition so I hope that the deck will be shipped (I ordered the book too, they are always well done, and for a deck like this one we need explanations for each of the cards) by the end of january. ❤️

Yes I pre ordered the standard edition too so it's good to see that it will be arriving soon it looks beautiful. I may order the book now....... and possibly a bag. 

I didn't order a bag, maybe I regret a bit I don't know. Well, I said I will be a sort of miser this year, so it's likely better like that 🙂

16 hours ago, Decan said:

I didn't order a bag, maybe I regret a bit I don't know. Well, I said I will be a sort of miser this year, so it's likely better like that 🙂

You can always order a bag at a later date.
Let your points pile up and you can take a nice discount. 😉

Things move forward for the Mythical Creatures Tarot, so for the standard edition the pre-order discount is ended!

For the oversized limited edition they will print everything again, but if all is okay (?) they will print more decks too (100 more I think), therefore some possibilities could be there maybe...

I don't regret my standard edition pre-order, for the oversized I don't think for now, unless there will be something unexpected that will happen, a light, a glimpse of clarity or something 🙂

Edited by Decan

17 minutes ago, Flaxen said:

My standard edition has arrived! It’s incredibly beautiful - really love the pips. 

That's exciting to hear, I'm still waiting for mine to arrive and can't wait to see all the pips. 🙂

1 hour ago, Flaxen said:

Hopefully you won't have too long to wait @Danvers. I'm in the UK and it only took a couple of days to get to me.

Did you get a dispatch notification email before it arrived? Just wondering if mine is already on it's way or it hasn't been packaged up yet as I know that they have lots of orders to get out. It's all very exciting!

I got a shipment notification on Sunday. Don’t know if they are packing in order - I did order my deck very soon after preorders opened. 

@Flaxen I think I read somewhere that they were shipping in order of purchase date so mine shouldn't be long as I ordered pretty early. No email yet so I'll just have to wait a bit longer. 

Oh YEAH! Oh YEAH! I got an e-mail yesterday from the Baba Store and my deck, book and bag are on their way!!!!!!! Should be here in a couple of weeks according to the e-mail.  I ordered my stuff in July of last year.  So yeah, they are shipping now! 😊

@Flaxenwhat do you think of the deck?????

Edited by Jewel

8 hours ago, Jewel said:

@Flaxenwhat do you think of the deck?????

It’s absolutely stunning. The artwork is incredible and the book gives lots of useful detail. I think it will be very easy to read with. 

4 hours ago, Decan said:

Hmm... I deduce from your posts that they won’t ship my copy before March. Patience is a virtue though I guess 🙂

?

Why do you deduce that - did you order extras ?

1 minute ago, gregory said:

Why do you deduce that - did you order extras ?

Yes, I ordered extras (the little Czech Oracle and the book) but since Jewel just received her shipment notification and she pre-ordered in July 2019, with my pre-order at the beginning of January 2020 I'm much further in the list.

I received mine on Thursday.  I loved the monochrome edition and this is gorgeous in a different way.  Scrumptious and such beautiful quality.

I have my Mythical Creatures. The amount of  cold stamping on the cards seems very varied (not a complaint, just an observation) Is everyone's like that ? Ace of Coins has very little, for instance.  King Swords, too. Just curious.

12 hours ago, gregory said:

I have my Mythical Creatures. The amount of  cold stamping on the cards seems very varied (not a complaint, just an observation) Is everyone's like that ? Ace of Coins has very little, for instance.  King Swords, too. Just curious.

The amount of cold stamping is rather slight on mine, actually it’s delicate, like a veil. It doesn’t look like the pics on their shop or the video I posted, but it exists (it's was something that surprised me a bit though). It is rather regular on my copy but on the Queen of Coins there is not much cold stamping (firstly I thought there isn't); I looked at that more closely and there is a bit though (on artificial light it appears a bit more).

Otherwise it is a beautiful deck of nice quality but with regard to cold stamping it isn’t like the Prague or the Victorian Romantic that I have.

Actually I read that this is the reason why they reprinted completely (and changed of printer too!) the limited oversized Mythical Creatures Tarot, but likely they considered that there is enough cold stamping on the regular copies I think.

I can't say I'm really disappointed by this one, more a bit surprised. Otherwise the companion book is very interesting!

EDIT: for the Ace of Coins and King Swords (I checked particularly), yes the same. Also the Page of Coins. Well, the cold stamping is slight and not exactly what I expected.

Edited by Decan

Good - I'm glad my eyesight isn't going ! Thanks.

And yes - I'd call it "muted" - which is fine; it was the variance between the cards that made me wonder. I wasn't following the videos, so wasn't aware anyone had ever seen a "brighter" version.

Edited by gregory

9 hours ago, Decan said:

The amount of cold stamping is rather slight on mine, actually it’s delicate, like a veil. It doesn’t look like the pics on their shop or the video I posted, but it exists (it's was something that surprised me a bit though). It is rather regular on my copy but on the Queen of Coins there is not much cold stamping (firstly I thought there isn't); I looked at that more closely and there is a bit though (on artificial light it appears a bit more).

Otherwise it is a beautiful deck of nice quality but with regard to cold stamping it isn’t like the Prague or the Victorian Romantic that I have.

Actually I read that this is the reason why they reprinted completely (and changed of printer too!) the limited oversized Mythical Creatures Tarot, but likely they considered that there is enough cold stamping on the regular copies I think.

I can't say I'm really disappointed by this one, more a bit surprised. Otherwise the companion book is very interesting!

EDIT: for the Ace of Coins and King Swords (I checked particularly), yes the same. Also the Page of Coins. Well, the cold stamping is slight and not exactly what I expected.

I'm seeing the same thing in my deck too. The level of cold stamping differs from card to card and although each card has different gilded areas, the depth of the gilding varies quite a bit. My Queen of Cups has very little sparkle, as do some other cards. I suppose what I'm trying to say is that I expected the depth of cold stamping to be consistent across all the cards. 

I do love it though and I'm glad that I bought it. It will be interesting to see what the LE looks like. 

ETA yes I think it looks different from the photos they posted too

Edited by Danvers
Add info