loveheartlight

Reading Intuitively Practice Thread

loveheartlight
Posted (edited)

Hi, TTM fam!

Welcome to the thread. Here we aim to sharpen our intuitive reading skills. This means not relying on memorized keywords or traditional meanings, but simply going by the imagery, looking deep into it, and stating what insights you gain.

Here are the rules.

I will post an image on the thread. This image will not come from any known decks, but from famous works of art.

Now, pretend that for your daily one-card draw (or the advice card for an imaginary querent), you drew a card with this exact same image on it. There is no need to assign a Tarot card to the image. Switch off your categorizing, pigeon-holing left-brain. Resist thinking, "Ooh, this must a Minor Arcana, five of swords," or "Definitely the Death card," or "I clearly see the Queen of Cups in this image." The reason is if we associate a Tarot card to the image, or assign the image to a specific card, this will trigger your memorized traditional meanings to come to the surface. What we are going for is purely image-based reading.

The game is simply: If you drew this Image, what message do you see? What could be its advice to you? What singular image in the painting strikes you most? What do you think this means?

I'll post the first image below and my own "reading."

Edited by loveheartlight

loveheartlight
Posted (edited)

Today's Art is Pierre-Auguste Renoir's La Promenade.

My intuitive reading:

My eyes are drawn to the woman's face. She is looking away. She is not looking at the man, nor the path the man is clearing for her. Is there hesitation? Does she not want to take the path before her, even though she has given her hand to the man so she can be lead by him? What I see in this card is that the woman can represent my own Consciousness. The Man is the Universe, and the path ahead is my Sacred Contract. Often, the Universe shows us the path towards our own spiritual evolution, the way we must take to fulfill our own life purpose. But because we do not know where the path leads exactly, and because we may lack faith in the One leading us, because the Universe's face can be dark and mysterious, we may be hesitant to take this path, even though we must.

The advice of the card is to practice faith and take the necessary steps to keep moving forward in one's spiritual evolution.

La Promenade.jpg

Edited by loveheartlight

Essense

The man has paved the way. Her path is cleared of obstacles. She has permission and assistance. 

The advice is you may go forward nothing stands in your way because those who came before you have paved the way.

Amaranth

What a great execise.  The message I see is resistence.  The woman is resisting something inevitable by looking away.  Although, this doesn't stop fate from pulling her in this direction and fate does not intend to harm her by taking her hand in this way.  So my advice would be to look forward to it rather than trying to hide from it.  

The thing that stands out the most to me is the bow on her dress.  I think it means that the details are being well taken care of and there is nothing to be afraid of.  

loveheartlight

Hello, Essense! Thanks for dropping in. Yes, that is good advice and gives a positive message from the card.

Hi, Amaranth! That is a good advice I'd love to receive. I do see resistance in the woman's face, too. Thank you for pointing out the bow. I didn't pay much attention to it. It does support the overall message we are getting from the image.

loveheartlight

Today's masterpiece is Threatened Swan by Jan Asselijn.

Practice interpretation:

Often in life the feathers that get ruffled are our own. We can't rely on the world to be the same always and eternally unchanging. We will get startled, jostled, challenged. Be ready to stand your ground, to speak your truth, to let go of having to look pretty all the time. Defend your turf. Trust that in the fight or flight impulse, sometimes we are called to fight. This may be one of those times.

1570723531396.jpg

Edited by loveheartlight

jasper

Lovely idea!!!

The swan to me seems threatened and is in defences mode.Trying to scare away whatever has caused this.Standing its ground,not giving up,protecting itself.The advice would be exactly that.

I am thinking of a mother protecting her children. Someone that will do anything to protect what they love and believe in.

evilgrapefruit

You are feeling threatened and defensive but you are over-reacting, its not really a threat (look at that friendly little doggie face in the left hand corner, not a threat to anyone!)

loveheartlight

Thanks for posting your readings and keeping the thread alive. I didn't notice the dog's head until evilgrapefruit pointed it out.

That's a good reading, jasper, about mother instincts. I'll post a new image in a few hours.

Caerrha

Curious for the next painting!

loveheartlight

1572757757637.thumb.jpg.fd3a1daecc08fd60737da894a3ce8423.jpg

Sorry, I don't know how to resize the thing. This one is by Monet. What's your take?

Symph

Just double click it if you want to resize it 🙂  You

You are entering a period of stillness, emotions are dying down, soon you will be able to support novel ideas that pop up to the surface, you are going to see yourself in a more realistic light, because your inner world has become still enough to not distort the reflection.  

loveheartlight

That's beautiful, Symph. Thank you. If this were an advice card, I'm seeing the lilies as a metaphor for meditation. Like in the midst of the waters, you can rise up and blossom. Even from the depths of your subconscious or emotions, you can blossom.

ashwsh

I think it is about the beauty in the pond that is muddy but the flowers still choose to grow there, making the entire place stunningly beautiful. It is about how you choose to look at life, for some it may be just a dirty pond, and for some, it is a ground for growing lovely flowers. The choice lies with you 😉

Edited by ashwsh

Symph
1 hour ago, ashwsh said:

I think it is about beauty in the pond that is muddy but the flowers still chose to grow there, making the entire place stunningly beautiful. It is about how you choose to look at life, for some it may be just a dirty pond, and for some, it a ground for growing lovely flowers. The choice lies with you 😉

Oooo I like that!  

And thanks @loveheartlight the pic made me think of being meditative too!

MissJones

Thanks @loveheartlight for this practice thread, it's a great idea and I'm always game for sharpening the skills!

These Monet lilies remind me of how we see and understand certain situations. We intellectually know we are looking at a pond, but what we actually see is not the water, but the reflections of the trees and sky above. What we see on the surface is not the reality of what lies beneath, and what is reflected back at us depends on the angle at which we view our lives. In order to truly understand our position in the world, we need to recognise our own biases, good or bad, and how they colour the world around us.

Caerrha

@MissJones I share your interpretation. So I'm not going to try to make a nicer English explanation (not my first language).

But I do get friendly vibes with this image. The lilies are nice and colourful.

Caerrha

spacer.png

evilgrapefruit

Well the phrase 'your ears are burning" refers to other people talking about your. So I would say that you have lost your own identity/truth (blank face) in order to fit in with others and be someone they talk about. Selling your soul.

Caerrha
8 minutes ago, evilgrapefruit said:

Well the phrase 'your ears are burning" refers to other people talking about your. So I would say that you have lost your own identity/truth (blank face) in order to fit in with others and be someone they talk about. Selling your soul.

Nice! I wouldn’t have thought about that! 

Saturn Celeste
2 hours ago, evilgrapefruit said:

This is excellent!  I can totally see it! :thumbsup:

To me, it looks like the head is looking backwards (think exorcist movie) and we are looking at the back of the head but the body is facing forward or is it?  The scratches in the background remind me of noise.

iMoodyCrab
On 10/9/2019 at 8:56 PM, loveheartlight said:

Today's Art is Pierre-Auguste Renoir's La Promenade.

La Promenade.jpg

I'm probably late in joining this thread, but here's my attempt at being intuitive:

The first word to come to mind was "helping hand". Someone close to you will guide you and pave the path for you towards your goal. This is someone you trust, someone really close to you. But that hesitation, be it from shyness or instinct could be reminding you to be vary of who you put this faith into. Whilst it good to have faith in others, and accept a helping hand, keep your eyes open, don't trust blindly either. 

iMoodyCrab
On 10/10/2019 at 8:24 PM, loveheartlight said:

Today's masterpiece is Threatened Swan by Jan Asselijn.

1570723531396.jpg

Fear is the first word that came to mind, but by the time I concluded writing my notes, I deviated. 

Fear may sometimes be unwarranted. Swan symbolically denotes purity, solitude, grace, love, realization & knowledge. All these meanings are derived from various cultural (or religious) beliefs. The common factor being "purity". 

Every human is most afraid of the demons residing in one-self, facing these is the phase of self-realization. This threatened swan, who also seems to be in solitude, could be seen as a reminder to cleanse your surroundings, your mind and the energies you are harnessing. 

OR, I could be totally off the point. 

loveheartlight
On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 10:38 PM, MissJones said:

Thanks @loveheartlight for this practice thread, it's a great idea and I'm always game for sharpening the skills!

These Monet lilies remind me of how we see and understand certain situations. We intellectually know we are looking at a pond, but what we actually see is not the water, but the reflections of the trees and sky above. What we see on the surface is not the reality of what lies beneath, and what is reflected back at us depends on the angle at which we view our lives. In order to truly understand our position in the world, we need to recognise our own biases, good or bad, and how they colour the world around us.

There is so much wisdom in here. Thank you. I think I will go and copy this into my journal. Deep, deep gratitude for sharing this.

loveheartlight

Hey there iMoodyCrab! Thank you for joining this thread. Such valuable insights. I am grateful.

The image shared by Caerrha unsettles me, and I share the interpretation of evilgrapefruit. The advice could be to go within, not to mind so much one's outward appearance (since all that is external) and to go within and remember your innate worth (hence the facelessness).