I Ordered 'The Wild Unknown' Tarot. Very Upset, The Deck Is Uneven

i ordered "the wild unknown" tarot and unfortunately, half of the deck was fine but the other half was bent, all of them

so together the whole deck was uneven and off and it was horrible

unusable

i ordered from amazon.

so i requested a replacement and i hope and pray the whole deck comes even and normal

is this a common thing? how many people got an "even" wild unknown tarot? has anyone had this issue with this deck?

thanks (cross my fingers tomorrow it arrives and i'm pleased)

Edited by tr1p

Mine was fine. I don't care for the deck, but there wasn't anything wrong with it. I got it two or three years ago. I don't care for the card stock and it seems like the green backs kind of smudged off onto the fronts of the cards if I remember right. I never use it and I'm not sure where it is at the moment.

Wait a sec! It isn't the Wild Unknown I have, I don't think. I think the one I have is the Wildwood, maybe.

Edited by Grizabella

oh ok thanks for input

but the backs with mine and the ones i saw on youtube were white and black, with kind of a optical illusion style.

unless i'm not fully understanding what you meant

just checking 😄

I just edited my post up there----I was mistaken. I have the Wildwood, I think, but I always confuse that with the Wild Unknown. 

At any rate, I hope you get a good replacement for your deck. From what I've always seen of others talking about deck problems, Amazon seems to be really good about making things right with customers.

Have you tried their live chat they have where they can help you with problems? I've used it before and it's great. You go to the place where it says "contact us" in fine print----I forget whether it's at the bottom of the web page or just where, but I think you can access it through your Amazon account.  They're great about dealing with issues right on the spot.  If you want to use it and can't find it, let me know and I'll try to help you find the right spot to contact them.

oh hah, no problem its all good, thanks for replying

and ok yea i'll talk to them, my replacement comes tomorrow. but i'll try your advice and chat with them maybe i'll be reassured

because it was not normal at all, it was unacceptable

anyway i'll also report here about the outcomes tomorrow

I ordered the Wild Unknown a few months ago, no problems at all. 

Mind you, things happen sometimes at the printers. Not every deck gets checked by a human person before it gets boxed. I ordered the Zirkus Magi Deck, and only 2/3 of the cards were actually printed, the rest was blank white. And mind the new edition of the new Mary-El, the whole batch was bad, but it got replaced. 

Most companies are happy to replace, the deck creators and publishers want you to be happy with the decks.

Enjoy your new deck when it arrives 🙂 

thanks for your input

the replacement was similar, the 2 halfs of the deck were a little different

but not nearly as much as the first package

but i'm not going to replace it again, it's good enough. i shuffled them and it seems more normal and i think and hope down the road as i shuffle it and use it a lot that it will become more "perfect"

i think the problem is one half is a bit more "curved"

not like bent as in, "bent" but the one half has more of a curve lean

also some of the cards seem a tiny bit wider than the other ones, the 2 halfs

i hope it will even out

Edited by tr1p

I order most of my decks from Amazon! 

I had 3 different instances where I asked for replacements- mostly due to one card being bent/smudged and so forth- they ALWAYS sent me a NEW full deck and didnt even ask to return the last one- so now I have lost of extra cards!

I am sure you will get a new one 

i figured out the issue

some of the cards are a tiny bit wider than the other half

they're not really bent, its that the 2 halfs are slightly curved a tiny bit (which doesnt bother me, im sure that will be fine) but the 2 halfs are not the exact same width

its annoying that i keep getting it like this but of well

i dont think its supposed to be this way but oh well, im going to just accept it as it is, and maybe ill like it better this way haha

I know you said you bought it from amazon, but who was the actual seller? Was it amazon or someone else? Sadly you are not protected from bootlegs even on amazon, so that’s something worth considering. You could post pictures of the deck + box if you want people to help you figure out if it could be a bootleg. Usually the box is the big giveaway. But if you did in fact buy it directly from amazon or from of the other reputable sellers then you should  file a complaint. If the cards are of different size then that will be an issue when you shuffle and you’ll also be able to tell those cards from the rest. So I’d get them replaced for sure. 

you're right raggydoll thanks for your advice, i'm returning this one too, it's not acceptable. i looked on youtube and the box that holds the cards for other people is snug and fits tight

the ones i got just slide off, and i woke up this morning after deciding to "sleep on it" and i woke up and now i've decided to just go to my local stores and buy it

if 2 of these came the same, then there's no point trying. it's frustrating, honestly i think it's the real thing because it was the only seller for this deck, i think they just have a bunch of the "less quality" ones or something, i don't know. but if there's something better i'm going to go for that.

i have a feeling my local bookstore will have a normal one, this is not the first time amazon screwed me or sold me something unsatisfactory, even after replacing and getting a new one

Wheel of Fantastic

In every print run you will find decks with misprints, flaws etc. It's probably impossible to have every deck be perfect.

On 10/26/2019 at 12:15 PM, tr1p said:

you're right raggydoll thanks for your advice, i'm returning this one too, it's not acceptable. i looked on youtube and the box that holds the cards for other people is snug and fits tight

the ones i got just slide off, and i woke up this morning after deciding to "sleep on it" and i woke up and now i've decided to just go to my local stores and buy it

if 2 of these came the same, then there's no point trying. it's frustrating, honestly i think it's the real thing because it was the only seller for this deck, i think they just have a bunch of the "less quality" ones or something, i don't know. but if there's something better i'm going to go for that.

i have a feeling my local bookstore will have a normal one, this is not the first time amazon screwed me or sold me something unsatisfactory, even after replacing and getting a new one

If it's not amazon selling it and they all come from the same seller, that does suggest a bootleg. Bootleggers print several copies at once..

27 minutes ago, Wheel of Fantastic said:

In every print run you will find decks with misprints, flaws etc. It's probably impossible to have every deck be perfect.

The issue here was that the cards was of different size. That’s not a common error in mass produced decks.. considering how the cards are normally produced it would be very unusual to have something like that happen. That’s what made me think of bootlegs. With those you get all sorts of weird errors (or so I’ve heard!)