GreatDane

Doing Any Rituals for Samhain?

GreatDane

Tonight I will do a ritual or two and I do a reading for myself on Samhain.  I do one card one question and will do up to four or five follow up questions each just with one card.  Works for me.  SO anyone else doing anything special?  I don't get trick or treaters, so don't have to worry about jumping up and down with candy on the ready.

Raggydoll

I did most of my ‘special stuff’ a day early because I knew I wouldn’t have much energy for it today (I take weekly injections for my rheumatism on Thursdays and those immunosuppressants can make you pretty tired). So I did a reading for the Samhain circle and I also reorganized my sacred  space. I added some more objects that are tied to my ancestors. I do like to connect more closely with them at this time of the year. I am also working more with the family animal totem. (Totem is not the word we use here but it’s the best one I could think of that describe what I mean). 

leroidetrèfle

My main ritual is cooking favourite dishes of my great-grandmother and grandparents.  Borscht, sarmale, Papanași.  This year though I've had to include something of my father's.  I couldn't decide, so did pull a card from the TdM: la maison dieu.  So, I plan to open the bottle he got me for my birthday.  

56 minutes ago, Raggydoll said:

I did most of my ‘special stuff’ a day early because I knew I wouldn’t have much energy for it today (I take weekly injections for my rheumatism on Thursdays and those immunosuppressants can make you pretty tired). So I did a reading for the Samhain circle and I also reorganized my sacred  space. I added some more objects that are tied to my ancestors. I do like to connect more closely with them at this time of the year. I am also working more with the family animal totem. (Totem is not the word we use here but it’s the best one I could think of that describe what I mean). 

I can empathise, Raggydoll.  I was on methotrexate.

GreatDane

RAGGYDOLL and LEROIDETREFLE!  Loved your ideas.  RAGGYDOLL, REMINDS me I should do something special with my space as well.  

And Leroidetrefle, I love the idea of doing special dishes.  And pulling a card to decide what to add, brilliant 🙂

Saturn Celeste
5 hours ago, GreatDane said:

SO anyone else doing anything special?  I don't get trick or treaters, so don't have to worry about jumping up and down with candy on the ready.

I am and it's so great to see you around today GD!!! :animated-smileys-hug-002:  I am getting ready to go do a reading for myself (oh heavens, probably this will be the 4th time I have read for myself!  But I'm in the spirit this year.  I am doing Dan's Samhain reading found here.

I'm also going to curl up with a spooky movie, Hellraiser 3.  I love the Hellrasier movies!

hellraiser GIF

GreatDane

SOUNDS like a great plan, SC!  Thanks, lovely to see you too!  

Raggydoll
8 hours ago, leroidetrèfle said:

My main ritual is cooking favourite dishes of my great-grandmother and grandparents.  Borscht, sarmale, Papanași.  This year though I've had to include something of my father's.  I couldn't decide, so did pull a card from the TdM: la maison dieu.  So, I plan to open the bottle he got me for my birthday.  

What a wonderful tradition! My maternal grandfather loved to cook and his favorite herb was rosemary, so for me it’s really true that rosemary triggers memories. And I once lived in a dorm with a girl who used to cook borscht and she often shared with the rest of us. I believe she had lived in Russia for many years but that she was originally from Finland. I used to help her out with the beetroot grating 🙂 (everything was done manually and I suspect that’s the way your family would have done it too?)

8 hours ago, leroidetrèfle said:

I can empathise, Raggydoll.  I was on methotrexate.

Thanks 💗 I am on biological treatment and I’m given methotrexate as a way of making the biologics more effective, so I do two shots every week. I’m also on steroids (both pills and injections) but I hope to be able to go off of them soon if the biologics do the trick. So it’s a lot at times, but I have so many things to be happy about. This forum and its members is absolutely one of them! 

Carla

No deeply spiritual rituals this year, but I've definitely been feeling the energy of the season (autumn is the witchiest month, I should write a poem with that as the first line...), but we've decorated, we've been playing board games with a spooky theme, we've been watching witchy movies, and I've been reading 'The Rules of Magic' by Alice Hoffman, and have decided to at last embark on a new craft hobby that I've been curious about for many years -- soap making! 😄

Raggydoll
1 hour ago, Carla said:

No deeply spiritual rituals this year, but I've definitely been feeling the energy of the season (autumn is the witchiest month, I should write a poem with that as the first line...), but we've decorated, we've been playing board games with a spooky theme, we've been watching witchy movies, and I've been reading 'The Rules of Magic' by Alice Hoffman, and have decided to at last embark on a new craft hobby that I've been curious about for many years -- soap making! 😄

Soap making sounds fabulous!! That’s proper ‘witch crafting’ if you ask me 😀

Carla
11 minutes ago, Raggydoll said:

Soap making sounds fabulous!! That’s proper ‘witch crafting’ if you ask me 😀

I agree! I'm starting off with melt and pour but if I enjoy this, I want to graduate to making real soap with lye water and oils. 

Lady Butterfly
18 hours ago, leroidetrèfle said:

That sounds like a great tradition. I think I might borrow it when Samhain rolls around here. We're celebrating Beltane here!

GreatDane

LOVE what all of you have done.  Anything is a ritual if done with love and care :-), and you all have some lovely ones.  

Carla, VERY cool re the soap making!  And I LOVED RULES OF MAGIC!