Deck of The Weeek: Sign-up Thread: Week 121 : November 2 - November 8

VGimlet

This thread is for those who would like to work through their collection of decks.  Each week we will be picking a new deck to work with exclusively for the week.

Anyone is welcome. Please join us!

1. Please post with your chosen deck for the week.

2. Chat away about your deck, how you're finding it etc.

Participants:

1. VGimlet - Ananda Tarot &  Twin Tarot

2. Bodhiseed - Sun and Moon Tarot & the Wisdom Keepers Oracle

3. AJ-ish/Sharyn - tao oracle

4. RavenofSummer - Badgers Forest Tarot

5. Madame Squee - Madam Lydia Wilhelmina's Tarot of Monsters, the Macabre and Autumn Scenes

(431)

Edited by VGimlet

I am in, although who knows how good I will be, NaNoWriMo is here, and I'm already 3,000 words in 🙂  

I'll be using the Ananda Tarot and the Twin Tarot Oracle this week.  

Good luck with your writing, VGimlet!

I'm in this week with the Sun and Moon Tarot paired with the Wisdom Keepers Oracle.  

Edited by Bodhiseed

This week I'll be using the Sun and Moon Tarot, created by Vanessa Decort and published by U.S. Games. I'll also be drawing from the Wisdom Keepers Oracle, created by Rosy Aronson and published by Seal Pup Press. Today's draws are the Seven of Wands and Aspiration:

7wands.jpgaspiration.jpg

Decort describes the Seven of Wands as 'confrontation without compromise,' which doesn't seem to have any wiggle room. Now if that means we stick to our personal values without being willing to cross any ethical lines, that sounds wise. But sometimes when people disagree with our plans or ways of doing things, we take it personally. We confuse disapproval of our strategy as a judgment of our merit and worth rather than simply a difference of opinions and ideas. Yet having opposing views just means we have dissimilar preferences and has nothing to do with our value as a person. The Aspiration card refers to a strong desire to do something, but it is different from a goal in that it is ongoing and has no final destination. For instance, a person may aspire to be more kind and forgiving. Added to the Seven of Wands, we might consider whether, in our battle for what we want, we've lost sight of what's important. As Richard Rudd stated, "Greed is an energy that will compromise its own integrity in a flash to get what it wants, and this is its downfall."

Thank you for the thread, VG. :bubble_blovekiss:

I'm in this week with Madam Lydia Wilhelmina's Tarot of Monsters, the Macabre and Autumn Scenes.

It's brand new in my collection. I just now finished turning the cards over for the first time. I came across it last week while I was looking for a wonderful deck for my Christmas wish list -- but I didn't even wait overnight to order it. I couldn't, because I seem to remember missing out on it last year. The title card identifies this one as a second edition. 

My instant reaction to Madam Lydia Wilhelmina's Tarot of Monsters, the Macabre and Autumn Scenes is that it is strange enough to be shivery, but it's not horrible. My prediction is that I will be using the Lydia Tarot a lot.

(And I will put the Lydia Tarot Companion Grimoire on my Christmas wish list. :wink:)

Link to pics of the deck, etc....

https://autumntarot.com/

This morning I asked Lydia, what is my priority.

Her answer, the Nine of Swords.

Wow. Just wow. No surprises here. Just the perfect response: it's time to deal with the thing that keeps you awake before... 

The Nine of Swords shows three ladies asleep on a couch. Pink in the rosiness of repose, two sleep peacefully, whereas, rigor mortis has gripped the third in alabaster. 

I think I spoke too quickly yesterday when I pronounced this deck "not horrible". At that time, I had not yet received the Nine of Swords.  

Lydia 9sJPG.JPG

Edited by Madame Squee

On 11/6/2019 at 6:43 AM, AJ-ish/Sharyn said:

rats, I missed it. 

Good lord, that was quick!!

I believe she will have more available late November. Details are here: 

https://atticcartomancy.com/shoppe/

ETA: I never read the older posts in the above link until just now. My heart is heavy. 

Edited by Madame Squee

Sorry I missed you guys!   I had a busy week this week, didn't get back until today.  

Wow, the Lydia's Tarot is very cool - then I went and read the thread along with the link.  Sucks.   Having a very close friend who is dealing with the same thing right now....hopefully they will get her feeling better.  

Edited by VGimlet

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.