Deck of The Weeek: Sign-up Thread: Week 122 : November 9 - November 15

VGimlet

This thread is for those who would like to work through their collection of decks.  Each week we will be picking a new deck to work with exclusively for the week.

Anyone is welcome. Please join us!

1. Please post with your chosen deck for the week.

2. Chat away about your deck, how you're finding it etc.

Participants:

1. VGimlet - Ananda Tarot &  Twin Tarot Oracle

2. Amberjune - Dreamer's Journey + Animal Magic Oracle + Majestic Earth Tarot

3. Bodhiseed - Victorian Fairy Tarot paired with the Haindl Rune Oracle

4. AJ-ish/Sharyn - Tao Oracle

(432)

Edited by VGimlet

I'm in with the Ananda and the Twin Tarot again, because I didn't even touch my decks last week.  

That's what happen when work is so...crazy.     My library system is changing in many bad ways, and staff are leaving in droves.   My desk of 4 people is missing 2, and another one on vacation, and our supervisor just left for greener pastures.   😨

Plus I have some big choices to make in the upcoming months - lose my perfect schedule for a 2-20 minute commute. (It's 2 hours now...)  Not as easy a choice as it looks on the surface though.   I'll be using all my tarot skills and list making skills to figure it all out....

Hello all,

I believe this is the first time I am joining deck of the week on this forum (used to join in on AT)!

VGimlet, wow sounds like a lot of change at work. I hope this mercury retrograde in Scorp can give you plenty of space to ponder and "feel you way" through different scenarios, and that you find what is best for you at this time.

This week I will be working with the Dreamer's Journey as my main oracle, the Animal Magic Oracle cards as my animal deck and the Majestic Earth Tarot. I switch my decks with the lunar phases, thus will play with them from the Full Moon onward.

Happy week everybody and have a good time with your decks.

VGimlet, I hope things settle down in a good way for you soon! Sounds like you're between a rock and a hard place. 💚

Welcome to the DoW group Amberjune! 🌻

I'm in with the Victorian Fairy Tarot paired with the Haindl Rune Oracle. If it weren't for my blog and this thread, I don't think I would pick up a deck at all. We've been in deconstruction and reconstruction mode with our home ever since Hurricane Michael hit. If it weren't for yard therapy and meditation, I'd be nuts.

AJ-ish/Sharyn

VG, you are a bit in the buggy whip makers shoes, re: libraries and newspapers... Our library here has flooded three times in 30 years, the last in 2015 and only reopened late 2018. Where books were the 'thing', now there are videos, public computers, and meeting rooms. Books are the least thing, and I have no idea how much traffic they get. 

I'll stay on a second week with the Tao Oracle, I think it has much more to speak of. I will also be having experimental eye surgery out of town so not so much time to work with cards. 

Welcome home Amberjune, lovely to see you here!  

Welcome Amberjune - very glad to see you, I remember you from AT.   While the location has changed, we are still the no-rules thread.  <pirate emoji that doesn't exist here> 

Sending you positive energy AJ - hopefully your surgery goes well and you have a quick and easy recovery.

I feel your pain Bodhiseed - we are still working on repairing damage from the flooding in the back part of our house from a water leak - with both of us working full time, and my husband being a "never pay for someone to do something you can do yourself" kind of guy it's been a slow, slow process, with a house like a construction zone, and  of course a few other things have popped up that are going to involve major work.  It never ends.

To top it off my co-worker got physically assaulted at our desk.  She wasn't hurt - but so upsetting!   We still have a lot of traffic at my library (I work in Bellevue at the moment).   We have a lot of people here studying, using our meeting rooms, we have a Makerspace.   Our new administration seems to be heading away from a public service model at the moment to a more corporate one, and I'm not sure how I feel about the change   Many of the new policies  being instituted go against my long-term indoctrination that  libraries are a public service institution, equal access for all.   Luckily I only have five, seven or nine years before I retire (it is unlikely it will be 9).    

My reading with the Ananda today reminded me to keep working on NaNoWriMo and not get get too distracted, so I'm back to it.  

VG, my daughter works at library that sees an eclectic cross-section of our population, and their policy doesn't let them ban people unless there has been some sort of violence. It can be a scary place on some days. I'm so glad your co-worker wasn't hurt! Sending good thoughts and hugs to all who need them.

This week I'll be using the Victorian Fairy Tarot, created by Lunaea Weatherstone with Gary A. Lippincott and published by Llewellyn. Paired with it will be the Haindl Rune Oracle, created by Hermann Haindl and published by U.S. Games. Today's cards are the Ace of Winter (Swords) and Peorth:

ace%2Bsw.jpg6cups_0002.jpg

When the trees are bare and snow covers the ground, the landscape and sky are more open. Similarly, the Ace of Winter (Swords) suggests a time for clarity that allows what is important to come to the foreground. Without the distractions of busyness, we are able to pay attention; without giving our preferences and prejudices free run of our mind, we see reality in its bare form. Clear seeing can keep us from tripping over our own feet or sticking our foot in our mouth. The Anglo-Saxon rune poem reads:

Peorth is a source of recreation and amusement to the great,

where warriors sit blithely together in the banqueting-hall.

The rune itself suggests a home or meeting place with the doors open, welcoming all. As the holiday season approaches and we find ourselves with friends and family (or sometimes even new acquaintances), it is important to take the suggestion of the Ace of Winter to heart.

Honesty and openness is always the foundation of insightful dialogue.

― bell hooks

[and I'd add a dollop of respect too.]

AJ-ish/Sharyn

Libraries were ever my joy and solace. Until we moved here 30 years ago and it was $80.00 a year with really limited selection, and to get one from another library required a hand written request sent by mail or inter-library packet. The newspaper refused to deliver to us, we were 'too far' (1.5 miles from downtown) and US mail delivery wasn't available. 

I eventually got over the library, there was the best used bookstore two doors from my shop and I had a steady revolving box going in and out. I thought not having my newspaper at the driveway at 5 AM would kill me...but it got over the addiction and a few years later when they started calling to sign us up I was no long interested. But they called for years ;).  The mail delivery? A PO BOX? What kind of elitist claptrap was that? Didn't take long to learn to love it, I'd never go back to street delivery. And turned out hundreds and hundreds of small towns have the same system, cost saving for the PO. Makes sense. And not elitistest at all, silly me. 

Thank you all for the welcome! 😀

The city library chain where I live also charges an annual fee, between 40-60 depending on how many items you want to borrow at a time. However this card was valid in all 10 or so libraries within the city and their catalogue was quite good. I used to be a member when my son was still little and read a  lot of children's books and manga. Nowadays I use the university library. It is free to use and has almost everything (except children's books). They also stock poetry collections, which I love,  and books from smaller/ indie publishers. I feel very blessed to have access to such an amazing library. I hardly ever need to buy any books anymore.

@Bodhiseed had to get my Victorian Fairy, as I did not recall this Ace of Swords at all. I did not remember that they assigned each element to a season. I like this, and love the swords for winter. Clarity, indeed, clear sight and wide open spaces.

Edited by Amberjune
hit the wrong button

The Art in the Majestic Earth Tarot ( which came in only last week, and I am just getting to know it)is beyond stunning, I love most of the choices she’s made. The three of swords might just be my favorite three of swords I’ve ever seen. There is so much depth to it, a certain heaviness, an unknown factor in that its not clear whether this is just the tip of an iceberg. How deep is the water...? The moon just coming through enough to offer some light. 

other cards that came up for me that I’ve loved are the Magician and the Ace of Wands. Again I think she picked excellent pieces for these two cards. I respond so deeply to landscapes and nature imagery. I could spend hours just looking at the cards. Might be a new favorite deck. I love that she included the astrological associations. Not a fan of the four keywords that are printed on each card. Also, there are issues with the production: some of the cards were cut in a way that shows a thin sliver of another card at the bottom. But all in all I love it, and enjoy spending time with it.3BAD76C4-2C34-497F-BD9E-89BA1299FF28.jpeg.d3d944aa6f3d0da74bad6dcc73aa72df.jpeg

The Dreamer’s Journey is an oracle I’ve had for a while. I bought it primarily for the art, which I like a lot. However I cannot say that I am feeling deep resonance with any of the draws so far. I think it’s the keywords that put me off, Maybe if there weren’t so much text on the cards...

95757B7C-30DA-4AB1-8768-BF3659F2CE16.jpeg.61faedbbf83ba44deac3d28e38123fc3.jpeg

(sorry, don’t know how to flip it)

Finally, the Animal Magic oracle cards, also a newly arrived, are a wonderful surprise. There is space in the cards, they feel alive and I feel drawn into the images. I also really like the guidebook.

93584B62-E4D7-4C54-8A6C-AB300D37086A.jpeg.18fc92a3570ea1087173b263ff6c427d.jpeg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.